Charlton meet

Markoasis

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chandos near Charing Cross as been sugested as a meet for Sat.

http://www.fancyapint.com/pubs/pub1054.html

Any suggestions of time ?? Trying to be there for around noon (after an haircut in Soho)

I'll be there around 1230 after a similar activity.

Should keep the day cheaper this one (or more boozy....)

Are you all planning on going to drink in Charlton before or straight to The Valley from the pub at CC? A complicated situation but I'll be in central London from mid-Saturday morning and am then breaking away from the group of people I'm with to go the game. Would be good to put a few more faces to names so was wondering whether to come to CC or head to Charlton first and have two or three there.

Edited by jsslatic

Are you all planning on going to drink in Charlton before or straight to The Valley from the pub at CC? A complicated situation but I'll be in central London from mid-Saturday morning and am then breaking away from the group of people I'm with to go the game. Would be good to put a few more faces to names so was wondering whether to come to CC or head to Charlton first and have two or three there.

Get your arse to The Chandos. You've got an initiation to do!!!!

If we're as punctual as usual, we'll get off the train in Charlton at 3 and be in the ground for 3.15. I must admit I thought it was closer than 30 mins?

The trains take 33 minutes and leave at 20 and 50 past the hour, so it's the 14.20 to get there just before kick off and miss the first 10 minutes standing in the ticket queue, or 13.50 to get there in good time and be late to the ground due to squeezing an extra pint in in Charlton.

Ha.

Is that it, two trains an hour? I'm sure I checked earlier and there's one every fifteen mins from London Bridge. Would have thought it was the same line, I guess not!

Edited by jsslatic

Do you reckon I can persuade Ackey to come to Charing Cross for a booze up?

In fact, he hasn't got a bleedin' clue where he's going, so I could just tell him he's heading in the right direction...

You get a few bleary eyed theatrical bearded types in the Chandos. Easy sell.

Do you reckon I can persuade Ackey to come to Charing Cross for a booze up?

In fact, he hasn't got a bleedin' clue where he's going, so I could just tell him he's heading in the right direction...

Where is that kidnap winky thing?!?! He'll be fine writing the match report having had a few. It will make it entertaining!!

Overland takes you from Charing Cross to London Bridge in under 10 mins so we should be fine either way

Pardon me for reading Southern matters, but is jsslatic going to remove his N.E.M.O. signature before or after the initiation ceremony involving his arse? :unsure:

Pardon me for reading Southern matters, but is jsslatic going to remove his N.E.M.O. signature before or after the initiation ceremony involving his arse? :unsure:

After... he's not allowed to before....

His initiation ceremony will only involve his arse if Andy is allowed to be involved in the planning ;)

After... he's not allowed to before....

His initiation ceremony will only involve his arse if Andy is allowed to be involved in the planning ;)

People make a big deal about the initiation, but it’s only the first couple of inches that really hurt.

I definitely vote Charing Cross this time, and should be in the Chandos not long after noon. Would be good to get to Charlton in time for one there though, and the train journey is definitely long enough to call for a 'traveller' (or in Andy's case a large bottle of magic coke so he can shout random yet long winded abuse at the opposition keeper)

I definitely vote Charing Cross this time, and should be in the Chandos not long after noon. Would be good to get to Charlton in time for one there though, and the train journey is definitely long enough to call for a 'traveller' (or in Andy's case a large bottle of magic coke so he can shout random yet long winded abuse at the opposition keeper)

This doesn't sound good for the my plan of being relatively sober when I meet up with everyone again after going to the game. Oh well :wink:

May be bringing along one or two extras (non-Latics fans). Treat them nice.

His performance at Brentford was quite impressive!!!

I presume you OASIS types (oh and before I forget Diego BALLS or NEMO is an OASIS off shoot as far as I'm concerned) won't make the same school boy error I did going to said Brentford game and change at a station without decent beer buying facilities (Vauxhall). Does magic Coke get checked on the tube BTW? For future reference as I'm partial to the odd magic coke at home games never mind away ones.

I presume you OASIS types (oh and before I forget Diego BALLS or NEMO is an OASIS off shoot as far as I'm concerned) won't make the same school boy error I did going to said Brentford game and change at a station without decent beer buying facilities (Vauxhall). Does magic Coke get checked on the tube BTW? For future reference as I'm partial to the odd magic coke at home games never mind away ones.

Magic coke is specifically exempted from the restrictions on drinking on London Transport. In fact it's considered compulsory in Zone 1. In any case we will be on the overground train not the tube, so the fascist and frankly un-English rule doesn't apply.

Edited by leeslover

I'm gonna try & make the chandos, will have another latic with me. Not 100% sure I'll get there though, might be going from London Bridge instead.

What time will people be leaving there for the match?

Edited by real