Saturday

oafcprozac

Hmm don’t you think the whole point of having a 2 min silence (not that any of the rest of the UK is having one) is to start confrontation. A very old trick which obviously takes gullible people in.

the 2 minute silence is to show respect/support/ thanks to the fallen soldiers and there families

why does there have to be a designated time for that?

why is it to cause confrontation? they dont need to do that because the confrontation will be coming from the lefty's and muslims

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shall we come to the conclusion that both groups are just a bunch of arseholes

If we were splitting hairs I would say that there will be a bunch of arseholes versus a mixture of arseholes and the well intentioned. Definitely a lot of arseholes around however you look at it.

the only trouble will be off the far left and muslims, they are the ones who are setting out to have a fight in a city centre

the EDL have had to get the police to protect there cars and coaches from being smashed up off the far left and muslims

Nazi scum getting protected? Har har!

..., was thinking of a 3 figure sum on us to win @ 5/1 as well, however as a big believer in tradition and records our record down there has put me off no end! No win in our history, no win in 21, no matter how blinded up on optimism i am, i can't back us after reading that.

Not advocating irresponsible betting, but doesn't the law of averages point to a Latics win. I could understand your logic if we had not lost there for 21 games.

Cautionary note:We have been known to defend badly.

They were British subjects fighting in the British army.

As for why we can’t honour the war dead here – erm, we can. Happens every year round or about the 11th of November. What this lot are doing dishonours the fallen, how many veterans still alive do you think want to see hooligans setting out for a fight in a city centre? My granddad was about as PC as you are but he’d have beaten the :censored: out of people out to make trouble like this.

The EDL got established after the home coming of British soldiers in Luton got disrupted earlier this year. So they can't be honoured with respect. Thats what the protest in Manchester is all about.

The EDL got established after the home coming of British soldiers in Luton got disrupted earlier this year. So they can't be honoured with respect. Thats what the protest in Manchester is all about.

One incident, by a tiny group of obnoxious nutters, which was roundly condemned. Troops have paraded through Luton since with no incident as they have in dozens of other towns and cities. The public response to the incident in Luton did more to show support for the troops than will be achieved by a couple of hundred blokes getting in the way of people trying to do their shopping.

You shouldn't believe everything you read Rummy :grin::grin::grin:

You can tell thats made up by the fact that Luton 'leader' is called Tommy Robinson. He's a well known football hooligan who has wrote a book about the Luton MIGS. Sounds like a load of bull.

theres some interesting comments in the Have Your Say part of the article though.

Edited by bowl

Indeed I don't - I'm not a skeptic for no reason. However, when presented by evidence from the Birmingham incident, the roots of the Scottish Defence League, and the Luton mob, it kind of nullifies one's sense of doubt.

So who are they then my learned friend? A majorette troupe?

Like other critical thinkers on here we'll make our judgement, and I trust it'll be the correct one.

Not advocating irresponsible betting, but doesn't the law of averages point to a Latics win. I could understand your logic if we had not lost there for 21 games.

Cautionary note:We have been known to defend badly.

I like to think the opposite way, like we've won at Southend the previous two years i backed us this year quite alot. Same with Walsall in a few weeks, won there the last 3 seasons and i'll be doing the same then, even managed to win there last season despite not having won in ages.

Fancied us at Charlton because of the whole we always win at the top teams theory at a big price, but that record has put me off.

EDL are a bunch of morons, anyone who buys into their beliefs are morons:

Look at that. They take the most extremist muslims they can find and try and pass them off as the average UK residing muslim! It's just your typical BNP/NF type white supremacists, racists morons who seem to think their "white heritage" is in danger by a small vocal minority of Islamic extremists. Their fears are created by their own racism. Islam isn't even near a majority here in Britain and probably never will be. This EDL is just an excuse for a bunch of yobs to get together and throw hate speech at anyone who isn't White British. And their narrow minded views are totally opposite to what our war heroes (who they proclaim so much) died for.

They can be honoured by their own people, in their own country. Why can't we do the same?

People who fight for a common cause should be honoured by all those that support that common cause. To do otherwise is to dishonour all of those that fought.

Where should the muslims who fought at the Somme in the Great War be honoured?

Look at that. They take the most extremist muslims they can find and try and pass them off as the average UK residing muslim! It's just your typical BNP/NF type white supremacists, racists morons who seem to think their "white heritage" is in danger by a small vocal minority of Islamic extremists. Their fears are created by their own racism. Islam isn't even near a majority here in Britain and probably never will be. This EDL is just an excuse for a bunch of yobs to get together and throw hate speech at anyone who isn't White British. And their narrow minded views are totally opposite to what our war heroes (who they proclaim so much) died for.

Obviously somebody who clearly doesn't have a clue what they are talking about! E.D.L. are protesting about extremist muslims being able to spout their vile mouths off calling for a 'jihad' towards the western world and promoting terrorism, I don't want my kids to grow up in a country where there is terrorism being promoted on our streets.

And the extemist muslims around the country are what exactly??

You can tell thats made up by the fact that Luton 'leader' is called Tommy Robinson. He's a well known football hooligan who has wrote a book about the Luton MIGS. Sounds like a load of bull.

theres some interesting comments in the Have Your Say part of the article though.

There does seem to quite a lot in those type of books that don't ring true, bit like Andy Mcnab B20

Obviously somebody who clearly doesn't have a clue what they are talking about! E.D.L. are protesting about extremist muslims being able to spout their vile mouths off calling for a 'jihad' towards the western world and promoting terrorism, I don't want my kids to grow up in a country where there is terrorism being promoted on our streets.

If that's what you choose to believe, then good luck.

Funniest thing is that I know of a white christian who said the pope was the devil. I suspect (well, I'm pretty certain) that a lot of the EDL like his views. Funny that. :huh:

What order do you think they'll run through?

I'm going to bet on 1. Extremist Muslims 2. Other Muslims 3. Hindus 4. Sikhs 5. Jews 6. Any other non-chrisitan 7. Catholics 8. Protestant 9. Anyone who look at them in a funny way. 10. Each other

I'm not sure where they'll put Black people - I'll have that as my Joker.

Edited by real