Saturday

oafcprozac

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A report from one side but nothing from the other or is it ok for you to post it seeing as you are the site manager?

It's not from any side - that was an actual report from the Birmingham incident. It just shows the EDL mugs in a very bad light strangely enough, who'd have thought it?

The two video's are nothing but pro-right wing, Fascist claptrap - pasted corny images of Crusaders and lions - and I'm not having it.

Rummy, don't try and take me for a fool, are you trying to tell me that this article is neutral?

Okay, it's clearly taken from the minority ANL and its supporters. But it's still an actual account of what happened when the EDL was humiliated in Birmingham. Now that's not fake bull:censored: propaganda, with crusaders on horseback or dodgy lions! :lol: Ridiculous!

In conclusion though despite early fears this was an obvious victory for anti-fascists, the local community and all those opposed across the nation to the existence, rhetoric and actions of the English Defence League, rest assured the EDL have nothing but bitter memories of humiliation about their outings in Birmingham.

1-0 to the community. I hope the EDL get the same treatment on Saturday...

Okay, it's clearly taken from the minority ANL and its supporters. But it's still an actual account of what happened when the EDL was humiliated in Birmingham. Now that's not fake bull:censored: propaganda, with crusaders on horseback or dodgy lions! :lol: Ridiculous!

Promoting a Left-wing victory, would it be the same if the site manager were to be Right-wing or would the site manager be somebody different?

Choose to believe what you read, unless you were present in Birmingham on the said day what you posted is propaganda.......leading and wanting us to believe that the EDL had their arses kicked.

Lets face it Rummy you have chosen not to tackle this from the centre but from the left.

I'm tackling the issue from a point of view that clearly doesn't suit the extremists. Am I right? Pardon the pun.

I won't believe the EDL as long as I've got a brain in my head, understand that and you'll get my drift. Otherwise I suggest you find another forum to dangle your fishing hook....

can this be shown them like your link?

this is an actual account of what happened in Birmingham aswell - the far left and muslims causing trouble during a peaceful protest

feel free obviously to delete it, but it works both ways, who are the ones causing trouble?

I'm tackling the issue from a point of view that clearly doesn't suit the extremists. Am I right? Pardon the pun.

I won't believe the EDL as long as I've got a brain in my head, understand that and you'll get my drift. Otherwise I suggest you find another forum to dangle your fishing hook....

No Rummy I'm not an extremist I'm slap bang down the middle.

I catch your drift yes and I'm not fishing.

Rummy could have chosen to take this approach but decided not to.

:wink:

I couldn't open the videoclip before it was taken down but I think I know what it was, and if so I must say I can see why Rummy took it down. A propaganda video for a racist group is clearly off bounds for the board rules and regs. I can also see an argument that the ANL or whatever article he posted up could be considered borderline, and I think it is right that it should open to challenge and contrast, but it was at least a claim about factual events at a similar event to what we can expect on Saturday and therefore relevant.

I honestly believe the EDL was formed simply to voice their disapproval against the Muslim extremists who try and poison our society with their wacky beliefs. If you look on youTube there are videos of the organizers explaining their reasons to march, with them standing next to fellow black protesters. Obviously things are different now. Anyway I don’t know why I care, I’ll be in Charlton!

Still stand by that comment Rummy?

Sorry Rummy, it's an actual account from a foaming commie. And just as likely to be bull:censored: propagada as anything the EDL posts.

All the talk of "comrades" - Now THAT is ridiculous.

Extremists from the left are just as loathsome as those from the right. But it's just not as popular to say so.

:lol: I'll keep that up creepy. That video is ridiculous.

that video shows the other side of the argument

to sign off from this thread (no doubt there will be another one on Saturday)

can i ask all mods not to give OWTB posters real names out on the boards, cheers :wink:

that video shows the other side of the argument

Interesting video. What it suggested to me was careful attention to media skills:

An articulate moderate sounding bloke with a silly none-threatening midlands accent, rather than interviewing random members of the crowd to see what they think

The pitifully obvious token black man

The PC nature of the banners - concern for womens liberation and gay rights (although to be fair homosexuality is frequently rife in far right movements, and I think none the worse of them for it)

The constant appeals towards victimisation - plainly hoping to provoke trouble but saying, "why can't we when they can blah blah blah."

Towards the end, I was thinking that, "Muslim bombers off our streets," was the new, "No Surrender," ie something that is impossible to argue against but that you understand the wider malicious nature of, but then they came through with the old favourite anyway.

The tactics are plain