Nick Griffin on Question Time

Guest sheridans_world

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Anyone but the clueless wet blanket that is Jack Straw.)

I take that back. Well done Jack. (Except for his inevitable failure to accept the systematic failure of Labour immigration policy).

I'm not entirely sure what people were expecting (especially from the audience), but I found it extremely worthwhile and I only hope that those that bothered to watch more than five minutes of it will be prompted to properly examine the BNP's true agenda and policies.

One thing I'd love to do is stab Mr Griffin. Not just for the violent aspect of it, but to get sufficient DNA to establish his ancestry. I'll bet he ain't half as "indigenous British" (whatever that is) as he'd like to think. :lol:

Shown up to be the Holocaust denying homophobic ignorant racist oaf that he is.

Was it an Xmas present for the BNP? Jack Straw was bang on at the end, it's been a bad week for the BNP crowned by a humilating performance from their leader in front of what must be one of, if not the, largest audiences Question Time has had. Well done BBC...they rightfully gave him the platform his party had earned, but showed them up for what they are.

One thing I'd love to do is stab Mr Griffin. Not just for the violent aspect of it, but to get sufficient DNA to establish his ancestry. I'll bet he ain't half as "indigenous British" (whatever that is) as he'd like to think. :lol:

What are you talking about? Many of the country's population are have been pure-bred Englishmen for 17,000 years.

Ohh dear the worst thing to come from this whole programme was how bad the state of British politics is in at the moment.

For politicians to accuse Nick Griffin of Trying to get people to follow his party’s manifesto and then go on to say if he were to be elected into power he will change his stance on certain issues and conform to his own ideologies is ridiculous! You could say that about any leader of any political party?

The mere fact his party got over 1 million voters is a clear sign that this government has let its people down and mainly on Immigration and social support issues.

Its not only racists that vote for the BNP a hell of a lot of votes are made in protest.

If this is what it takes for one of the mainstream political party’s (labour, conservative) to sit up and listen to the discontent of its people and change for the better and break away from the normal dull drab ’safe’ politics and make its own unique manifesto for change that supports its people then I can live with the BNP being on question time.

The other thing that came from the show was if there’s no such term as an ‘indigenous Britain’ and I myself am not an ethnic minority then where do I belong and where am I from?

I agreed with Mr Griffin when he said Jack straw couldn’t go to Australia , new Zealand or north America and claim their people are not indigenous?

After all the amount of times we were reminded tonight that we all came from Africa once upon a time does this now mean that the term indigenous has been made redundant or now refers to someone originating from Africa no matter which continent or country they live in or reside?

Also when he says he feels queasy when he see’s two guys kiss, well sorry to say this and I am not a homophobe but I also find it queasy.

However I also feel queasy when I see some heterosexual male and females kiss lol.

The other thing that came from the show was if there’s no such term as an ‘indigenous Britain’ and I myself am not an ethnic minority then where do I belong and where am I from?

I agreed with Mr Griffin when he said Jack straw couldn’t go to Australia , new Zealand or north America and claim their people are not indigenous?

May I recommend some reading of the history of ancient Britain?

It kind of depends how far back you go. What may once have been thought of as indigenous English (the Celts) were pushed west and north into Scotland, Wales and Ireland by or interbred with successive invasions of Europeans and Scandinavians.

What Nick Griffin seems to think of as "indigenous" is more likely to be a complicated mix of Roman, Viking, French and Arabian with maybe just a few remaining strands of Celt.

Edited by garcon

The only nation that can claim to have a true indigenous population is Austrailia- everywhere else the "original people" must have come from somewhere. (BTW the human race didn't start in Africa- the Aborginies were around way before any human life has been discovered in Africa (and Austrailia was a seperate island then too)). But one thing is for sure Nick Griffin isn't Celtic- the people who weren't part of any Britain invaded by the Romans- so he can't claim to be indigenous in any way.

Nick Griffin is an onerous little toad but there were very few people in that audience who shared even 1 iota of his policies- not exactly fair and half of the time it came across as everyone including the supposedly impartial chair was bullying him- something I quite enjoyed but it might win him some sympathy votes.

Everyone at times came across well, but one thing if I was David Cameron I wouldn't have sent anyone who disagrees with civil partnerships to a debate involving Nick Griffin even if she was of asian (probably Pakistani origins). Gay people have the right to marry the same as black/asian people and to discriminate against them is just as unjust and unfair as discriminating against them for not being white and a topic relating to homosexuality was bound to come up- especially considering the contentious article by that Muir woman.

Yet again though as politicans try and score votes and points by arguing with each other the one person who came across best from the panel was the non-politician who was veyr bright and the highlight was when Nick Griffin tried to argue with a black American Historian with some weighty qualifications about black American history.

Stabbing Nick Griffin would bring some pleasure to a few but it might bring some votes to his party which may get them elected in a national general election, one thing I always want to ask racsits though is what football team do they support- the answer should be some obscure non-league one as anyone else has some form of non-white or immigrant playing for them- any other team just shows up their hypocracy ala Crakcer.

May I recommend some reading of the history of ancient Britain?

It kind of depends how far back you go. What may once have been thought of as indigenous English (the Celts) were pushed west and north into Scotland, Wales and Ireland by or interbred with successive invasions of Europeans and Scandinavians.

What Nick Griffin seems to think of as "indigenous" is more likely to be a complicated mix of Roman, Viking, French and Arabian with maybe just a few remaining strands of Celt.

What you said proves my point.

I know the history and ethnic mix of Britain’s ancestry and our ethnic makeup but my point was that Nick Griffin was shot down for trying to say this especially when he used the term indigenous.

The counter argument they gave was that we are all from Africa so what is indigenous it doesn’t exist in Britain.

Well if that’s how they determine the term indigenous now and Africa is the starting point then will they now go and explain it too the aborigines or the North American Indians?

My query is at what starting point do you become indigenous?

Its my concern that the way they bullied him tonight and were pedantic to his statements however eccentric radical and false they may be will only add to his support from those voting out of dismay.

Stabbing Nick Griffin...

I wasn't entirely serious. :lol:

Just seems the obvious way to get hold of his DNA seeing as I very much doubt he'd volunteer it!

(Or you could just stand in front of him with a spatula while he talks and collect his spit... :unsure: )

A good day for freedom of speech and the freedom to make racist idiots look like racist idiots... Well done the BBC and Question Time I think it was the right call...

Thought Jack Straws opening comments where fantastic...

Griffin looked nervous and sweaty during his beating... Got destroyed I felt...

1) Those members of the audience who "whooped" whenever Griffin was challenged spoiled it for me. Clap yes, whoop no in future.

2) The audience mix selection was particularly iffy, or so it seemed, although perhaps it could be reasonably argued that the ethnic mix is typical of many parts of London.

3) Dimbleby appeared to take a fairly anti-Griffin bias from the start.

That said, I thought Griffin looked uncomfortable throughout and the programme successfully challenged the inconsistancies and nastiness that sit beihnd Nick Griffin and the BNP, with Griffin visibly squirming.

It is right that his views should be heard and it is refreshing to hear those views properly (and, I think, successfully) challenged by the main political parties rather than simply being ignored.

My main hope is that those mainstream parties begin to properly deal with the issues hijacked by the BNP by coming up with sensible and coherent policies on matters like immigration, the demographic difficulties of an aging population and the benefits system. Their failure to address basic issues has given the BNP its votes and raised the profile of what is a nasty party trying to masquerade as the voice of sense.

Piss poor politicians of the last 20 years are the reason why the BNP has gained this opportunity.

Ohh dear the worst thing to come from this whole programme was how bad the state of British politics is in at the moment.

Nail and Head.

He has as much right to talk as much Bo@@ocks as the majority of other politicians in this country. In particular the Tory and Labour representatives on the show last night.

Nice of our democratic national television station to pick a mixed audience :shock:

And how funny, that this morning GMTV have a 'black' politician on the show asking for her views - i hav no doubt many other media windows will follow suit.

Saying that he took a fair bit of verbal whack didn't he :lol: and was shaking like the proverbial on a rape charge at the end of it.

He talks the same crap as the other parties, just from a different angle and not quite as elequant as some of his other high paid peers.

They could have saved a load of time and done this on Trisha. A load of bollocks. As mentioned point scoring from the panel led to just a garbled mess, with the only one keeping her composure being Bonnie Greer.

Didn't think anyone else covered themlselves in glory. Straw just didn't answer questions and pointed shouting "Look, a racist", and the others generally took up that lead.

The mob watching it weren't far off a "Go Davie! Go Davie!"

I think the BBC handled it very badly. The grounds for him being on the show were that he was entitled to appear due to the number of votes and Euro seats he has. Fair enough, but why then devote 90% of the program to questions specific to him and his policies? If his left wing alter ego the Greens got a couple of seats and they had some bearded human-hating fruitloop on the show I wouldn’t expect them to talk about nothing but him. I really don’t think it is the BBC’s job to try and influence opinion in any way, regardless of whether I agree with the angle they are pushing or not.

Oh, and that business about being indigenous – it’s missing the point talking about when you start the clock ticking, because for most of us different parts of our ancestry appeared at different times. The people reading this post will have a mix of African, Chinese, Turkish, Arabic, Slav and lots of other bits and bobs in them. I think I am probably pretty solidly Irish in origin but even I show the Mark of Satan when my beard grows out, probably the residue of some Scandanavian diddling my great x 13 granny

I thought that Griffin came out of it very badly. I was fully expecting a polished performance from a highly educated man but all we seemed to get was a repeated 'I used to think that but I don't any more'.

I would agree that the format of the show was awful and that the audience made matters far worse with all comments from anyone but Griffin passing without challenge but to be honest I thought the only politician who came out of it with any credit was actually the Tory who's moderate right views sounded spot on when put next to the BNP's far right opinion.

Interesting to see that a few people have commented upon how well Straw did because I saw it totally different. He had an opportunity to shine and failed miserably.

Griffin didn't come out as badly as he could have. They could have quizzed him on much more than "you're a Nazi, you said this, you said that". He deals with that stuff all day every day. It's easy for him, he'd have expected that. They could have asked about his policies on other things. There was a question on Europe raised but they didn't go back to it.

Straw was evasive on the immigration question and then said he didn't believe the Labour policy had contributed to the rise of the BNP. Well what has then Jack? I'd like to know what he thinks has.

I thought the whole show was really a waste of time. Was the point of it to show us that Nick Griffin is a racist/homophobic pig? If so, then why? We all already know that.

They should have asked him questions about actual politics, rather than the standard "why dont you like muslims?" which seemed to make up the hour. I have no doubt that if they had actually asked about his policies, then he still would have made a fool of himself and looked like the vile pig that he is.

Also, Dimbleby, as the host, should have been completely impartial. The BBC is impartial, and really shouldn't have been trying to show Griffin up like they were doing. Griffin can easily do that himself. Like OldhamSheridan said, it really should have been done on Trisha, because thats what it resembled.

Glad he didn't manage to cover himself in glory though. However, his reply to the question "Why don't you like Islam?" was quite funny. I think it was the only question of the night he answered honestly, and whilst he was talking s**t, the guy who asked the question had no comeback at all.

What you said proves my point.

I know the history and ethnic mix of Britain’s ancestry and our ethnic makeup but my point was that Nick Griffin was shot down for trying to say this especially when he used the term indigenous.

The counter argument they gave was that we are all from Africa so what is indigenous it doesn’t exist in Britain.

Well if that’s how they determine the term indigenous now and Africa is the starting point then will they now go and explain it too the aborigines or the North American Indians?

My query is at what starting point do you become indigenous?

Its my concern that the way they bullied him tonight and were pedantic to his statements however eccentric radical and false they may be will only add to his support from those voting out of dismay.

The Aborigines of Australia can be traced back 50,000 years and the North American Indians some 10,000 years, Australia has always been an island whereas once upon a time the bearing strait didn`t exist and was joined to the far end of Russia.

Very fascinating subject and one which will always raise many questions.

The Aborigines of Australia can be traced back 50,000 years and the North American Indians some 10,000 years, Australia has always been an island whereas once upon a time the bearing strait didn`t exist and was joined to the far end of Russia.

Very fascinating subject and one which will always raise many questions.

I agree with some BNP policies but also think Nick Griffin is a tit. Maybe if the BNP changed their leader to somebody who hasn't got a racist background they would do a lot better. The BNP are the only party prepaired to stick up for White people because other parties refuse to acknowledge that racism works both ways.

Edited by bowl

I agree with some BNP policies but also think Nick Griffin is a tit. Maybe if the BNP changed their leader to somebody who hasn't got a racist background they would do a lot better. The BNP are the only party prepaired to stick up for White people because other parties refuse to acknowledge that racism works both ways.

I'd go completely the opposite way round. Griffin is an intelligent bloke who has dragged the BNP from being the new NF to a new more palateable party that can certainly gain votes from former Labour voters, who would never have dreamed of voting that way.

To do so, he has to have had a racist background; and you won't get anyone in charge of a racist party without a racist background.

As mentioned, last night was a bit pathetic, and I can fully understand Griffin complaining about it. There was only one bunch showing themselves up and that was the BBC.