KFC-gate - The Chicken Crusades

kev1969

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really forgave the KFC at Elk Mill for the Bank Holiday Monday evening that I queued round the drive through for 20 minutes, got to the window to place my order only to be told "Sorry mate, we've run out of chicken".

I don't think I've ever been so gobsmacked in my life!

Yup choice reduced for the majority to suit the minority. They never seemed to do this for the Jewish community. Subway on Oldham road is the same. No bacon because its Halhal. Never been to a subway since and have not been to KFC since they started this about 6-12 months ago down south.

I complained to Subway about my restricted choice and the response was community needs etc, etc. when I pointed out I was part of that communitty who now had my choice removed and was now being racially discriminated against through removal of choice based on religeon they had no sensible answer and simply refused to reply when pressed further. If they want Halhal they should provde 2 resteraunts in the same area and not simply convert the only one.

Que being called a racist again for being discriminated against and daring to complain about it because I am white.

The KFC near BP deserves to be shut down halal or no halal, went in there a few weeks ago and got served what looked like 4 deep fried abortions! :sick01:

To be fair I probably should not have expected anything better, but it has successfully put me off KFC for life. I think for the first time in my life, I wish I had rather gone to McDonalds which was next door.

Yup choice reduced for the majority to suit the minority. They never seemed to do this for the Jewish community. Subway on Oldham road is the same. No bacon because its Halhal. Never been to a subway since and have not been to KFC since they started this about 6-12 months ago down south.

I complained to Subway about my restricted choice and the response was community needs etc, etc. when I pointed out I was part of that communitty who now had my choice removed and was now being racially discriminated against through removal of choice based on religeon they had no sensible answer and simply refused to reply when pressed further. If they want Halhal they should provde 2 resteraunts in the same area and not simply convert the only one.

Que being called a racist again for being discriminated against and daring to complain about it because I am white.

I wont call you a racist... I will point out some facts though...

What do you think KFCs aim was here... To exclude and alienate white people by removing one option from the menu ? Or increase the menu options for this minority group ? I would guess that KFC have done some research and worked out it could increase its revenue by expanding the choice available to the Asian community.

Is your objection the removal of a single menu option ? Or the fact it is halal ? or the fact KFC are trying to expand their customer profile ?

I don't get what people are so very angry about. Maybe you could explain ?

*I have not seen the article and would like to read it. Anyone got a link....

Finally, how strong is the Jewish community in Oldham ?

Edited by oafc0000

Finally, you mention Jewish people, does KFC serve anything that effects a Jewish person ?

Halal and kosher are very similar in what they forbid and fairly similar on the slaughter practices (I can't evidence it but I am sure I read years ago that moves to outlaw halal abattoirs were once considered but this came to a halt when they realised that they would also need to ban kosher ones that had been around for donkeys years with nobody caring).

On the wider point - a franchise of a business has selected it's product range with a view to attracting the most custom possible. Wow. It's like someone has rolled the Magna Carta up and is using it to light cigars with.

Halal and kosher are very similar in what they forbid and fairly similar on the slaughter practices (I can't evidence it but I am sure I read years ago that moves to outlaw halal abattoirs were once considered but this came to a halt when they realised that they would also need to ban kosher ones that had been around for donkeys years with nobody caring).

Interesting...

Yeah I knew they had restrictions so I looked it up. Hence my edit...

It would seem Jewish people can not eat at KFC. So it begs the question of the size of the Jewish community in our region. From what I know the Jewish community in Oldham is tiny when compared to the Muslim community.

On the wider point - a franchise of a business has selected it's product range with a view to attracting the most custom possible. Wow. It's like someone has rolled the Magna Carta up and is using it to light cigars with.

:lol:

OAFC subway removed all bacon products from their HalHal store. Now KFC have done it in Oldham but had done it elsewhere before.

So if we want some facts then both these outlets have discriminated via removal of choice in specified resteraunts. They have done this without care for those in the local community who enjoyed the products they have now removed. These products have not been removed due to what I would consider normal reason for product withdrawel but have been removed based on race/religeon. On KFC's website they stated this was done after requests from the asian community but unfortunately they didn't bother to consult the whole community before taking this unilateral action to discriminate through removal of choice against another section of the community.

If KFC and Subway are into equality then there should be 2 resteraunts together. 1 halhal and 1 normal but they haven't. halhal by its nature removes choice from a section of the commmunity and as such goes against everything the PC brigade preach. Were are they all to demand equality in these situations? you go into subway Oldham road for a chicken and bacon sub and get told nope we are halhal so you have to go 2 miles to the broadway one if you want that. great when you are on foot and so no sane reason for you to be forced to do that.

Hence as a result of the inequality and discrimination and lack of care for the WHOLE community I don't go in Subway or KFC anymore.

OAFC subway removed all bacon products from their HalHal store. Now KFC have done it in Oldham but had done it elsewhere before.

Let me guess... In other areas with large Muslim communities like Oldham ?

So if we want some facts then both these outlets have discriminated via removal of choice in specified resteraunts. They have done this without care for those in the local community who enjoyed the products they have now removed. These products have not been removed due to what I would consider normal reason for product withdrawel but have been removed based on race/religeon. On KFC's website they stated this was done after requests from the asian community but unfortunately they didn't bother to consult the whole community before taking this unilateral action to discriminate through removal of choice against another section of the community.

So your suggesting that a company which started in the deep south of the united states and is very strongly rooted in the Christian heartland of America took a decision to knowing discriminate against white people by removing bacon based products from their menu. You think this was fuelled primarily by race and not by the want to make more money....

I would suggest that the removal of a menu option does not form "discrimination".

If KFC and Subway are into equality then there should be 2 resteraunts together. 1 halhal and 1 normal but they haven't. halhal by its nature removes choice from a section of the commmunity and as such goes against everything the PC brigade preach. Were are they all to demand equality in these situations? you go into subway Oldham road for a chicken and bacon sub and get told nope we are halhal so you have to go 2 miles to the broadway one if you want that. great when you are on foot and so no sane reason for you to be forced to do that.

:lol:

I take it Business studies was not your strong point. By removing bacon based products they in one easy move expand there customer profile while retaining the vast majority of there current customer base. What would you do :)

Hence as a result of the inequality and discrimination and lack of care for the WHOLE community I don't go in Subway or KFC anymore.

Your going to keep finding your options limited then. Halal is here to stay, and rightly so...

Ask yourself a flip question. Why should people of certain faiths be excluded from eating southern friend chicken ? Why should we not respect that Muslims can not eat swine based products? Why should a company not expand its customer profile... and finally, what makes you more important than anyone else ?

Your crying over the loss of bacon...and call that discrimination...I think you need to experience REAL discrimination and come back...

Finally... Please do vote with your feet, I reckon the majority of people wont care... This is market forces mate, nothing else...

Edited by oafc0000

Im guessing KFC and Subway are franchises so it wont actually be KFC or Subway which have done this. The people running the individual outlets will be doing it in order to maximise revenues.

The time to start worrying is if the government passes laws stating that only Halal meat can be sold in the UK, I very much doubt this will happen though!

Im guessing KFC and Subway are franchises so it wont actually be KFC or Subway which have done this. The people running the individual outlets will be doing it in order to maximise revenues.

When you buy a franchise you have VERY little say on what you sell and do not sell. This will be a nationally available option to all KFC restaurants and will be provided by the central KFC company and its suppliers which the local owners have chosen to implement.

The time to start worrying is if the government passes laws stating that only Halal meat can be sold in the UK, I very much doubt this will happen though!

Would never happen... For the same reason that KFC are selling halal meat in localised stores... Market forces...

Edited by oafc0000

I looked it mate...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2977086.stm

KFC use a different method:

Yes, due to our strict animal welfare standards, we insist that all our poultry is stunned before slaughter. Our halal chicken has been accredited by the Halal Food Authority, one of the most widely recognised bodies in the UK and overseas. It allows the use of a technique called 'stun-to-stun' - a pain free process that makes the animal insensible to pain and suffering. A verse is also recited from the Koran at the point of slaughter by an appropriate person and the poultry will not come into contact with non-halal meat at any point in the supply chain.

When you buy a franchise you have VERY little say on what you sell and do not sell. This will be a nationally available option to all KFC restaurants and will be provided by the central KFC company and its suppliers which the local owners have chosen to implement.

Would never happen... For the same reason that KFC are selling halal meat in localised stores... Market forces...

Thats what I said, it is the individual franchisor which has chosen to implement it, should have made it clearer.

Fair enough, to be honest its utterly ridiculous how much influence organised religions still have, I suppose thats the crazy world we live in though and its not going to change.

Behind organised religion there is people though. Any "power" comes from the people... Long gone are the days where the church or any other similar body had any real power.

It's my view that religion shoulkd be treated under the law as a personal preference or choice, not as something more (such as we see in people wanting blasphemy laws or theocratic rule). Hence for me taking bacon out of the range to get more customers is no different to them stopping using smelly goats cheese in a restaurant or a pub banning children. Some people like it, others don't, it's not a matter of rights or wrongs, it makes no difference that the reason in this case is that they hope to get more customers based on a load of old crap that some bloke made up in a desrt 1500 years ago.