KFC-gate - The Chicken Crusades

kev1969

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OAFC subway removed all bacon products from their HalHal store. Now KFC have done it in Oldham but had done it elsewhere before.

So if we want some facts then both these outlets have discriminated via removal of choice in specified resteraunts. They have done this without care for those in the local community who enjoyed the products they have now removed. These products have not been removed due to what I would consider normal reason for product withdrawel but have been removed based on race/religeon. On KFC's website they stated this was done after requests from the asian community but unfortunately they didn't bother to consult the whole community before taking this unilateral action to discriminate through removal of choice against another section of the community.

If KFC and Subway are into equality then there should be 2 resteraunts together. 1 halhal and 1 normal but they haven't. halhal by its nature removes choice from a section of the commmunity and as such goes against everything the PC brigade preach. Were are they all to demand equality in these situations? you go into subway Oldham road for a chicken and bacon sub and get told nope we are halhal so you have to go 2 miles to the broadway one if you want that. great when you are on foot and so no sane reason for you to be forced to do that.

Hence as a result of the inequality and discrimination and lack of care for the WHOLE community I don't go in Subway or KFC anymore.

Don't they just use turkey bacon like in Blackburn?

Don't they just use turkey bacon like in Blackburn?

Turkey rashers are smart.

Anyway, I was in the pub the other day and found one selling... Alcohol free 'apple juice'. WTF is this Country coming to? I said a few anti-prayers and slipped a vodka in it though. That'll teach 'em.

Turkey rashers are smart.

Anyway, I was in the pub the other day and found one selling... Alcohol free 'apple juice'. WTF is this Country coming to? I said a few anti-prayers and slipped a vodka in it though. That'll teach 'em.

Does that explain why I can't remember Wolves equalising?

Turkey rashers are not bacon? why should I be forced to comprimise

Behind organised religion there is people though. Any "power" comes from the people... Long gone are the days where the church or any other similar body had any real power.

Dream on mate. Religion is a walloping big fairytale designed to control the people and maintain the power of the few over the many. Now in the west the power of the church has heavily deminshed as democracy took hold but in the muslim world the power of religion is still in control over alot of it and this halhal garbage is being forced upon me because of some other nutters fairytale

Edited by Max Damage

Turkey rashers are not bacon? why should I be forced to comprimise

What makes you more important than anyone else ? No one is forcing you to compromise, as you pointed out bacon is that much of a requirement that your off elsewhere.

Why should Muslims be forced to not eat at KFC just because you like bacon ? Its a question you dont seem able to answer... What makes you more important...

Dream on mate. Religion is a walloping big fairytale designed to control the people and maintain the power of the few over the many. Now in the west the power of the church has heavily deminshed as democracy took hold but in the muslim world the power of religion is still in control over alot of it and this halhal garbage is being forced upon me because of some other nutters fairytale

Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions on these things. I think you all know where I sit on the subject.

It all boils down to tolerance. Lots of things go on in this world which is at conflict with what works personally. For example, McDonalds only sell the double quarter pounder meal after midnight, a fooking disgrace if there ever was one, but you learn to live with it :)

I might be jumping to conclusions here Max but you come across as someone who believes your own personal beliefs, likes and tastes should be taken over the beliefs, likes and tastes...

Can I introduce you to a word called tolerance ?

Edited by oafc0000

Why should Muslims be forced to not eat at KFC just because you like bacon ? Its a question you dont seem able to answer... What makes you more important...

Because this ain't a muslim country. Not difficult is it? Muslims are not forced to eat non halal as it is available accross the UK for them but all of a sudden because of muslim requests I am now forced to travel to get what I instead of walking which I could in the past.

KFC Oldham and Rochdale are now halal, add in the subways and it is the thin end of the wedge. I love the OAFC0000 qoute on the majority may want it? What happened to the sticking up for the minority and equality? Goes out of the window when that section of society isn't muslim.

And the biggest laugh of all is if this country was majority muslim the racism against christian, catholic, protestant, and anyone else would be total just as it is in the majority of countries based on the muslim religion

Edited by Max Damage

I don't mind eating halal stuff...tastes just the same...

I don't think it is right that Bacon has been taken off the menu, though as has already been said, it's clearly a business decision and a sign of the times, rather than some deliberate slight on non-muslims.

I'd never eat at KFC anyhow ... fecking rank and the state of that place at Elk Mill is disgusting..the floors and tables and everything are greasy as :censored:...you have a job getting to the counter without losing your footing on the fat-washed floor...god knows what the kitchen and parts you can't see are like...

Max, get yer sen down to Armstrongs Chippy in Shaw...opened a few weeks ago and it's bloody delicious, and the portions are massive, and its proper good value, and they do chicken, and it's not halal...

Because this ain't a muslim country. Not difficult is it? Muslims are not forced to eat non halal as it is available accross the UK for them but all of a sudden because of muslim requests I am now forced to travel to get what I instead of walking which I could in the past.

KFC Oldham and Rochdale are now halal, add in the subways and it is the thin end of the wedge. I love the OAFC0000 qoute on the majority may want it? What happened to the sticking up for the minority and equality? Goes out of the window when that section of society isn't muslim.

And the biggest laugh of all is if this country was majority muslim the racism against christian, catholic, protestant, and anyone else would be total just as it is in the majority of countries based on the muslim religion

Have you read 'The Islamist' ? It's a good book...google it.

You can't have bacon because it is not allowed in the same place under muslim religion. Hence the change to halal is essentially a removal of choice for a section of the community and hence racism against that section imho. Halal is not part of the UK culture or religion and thus should not be forced upon it which is what is happening here.

Asda, Tesco of halal sections but they DO NOT restrict anyone elses choice and therefore is not an issue. However you have to wonder how they can have an halal section and pig products in the same store.

Yarddog I have not tried that new chippy in Shaw. Ussually go to the Dolphin one so must try it. KFC and co are crap compared to the good chippys

so your saying that the thoughts and feelings of a Muslim person should take second place to yours? Again you suggest your more important...

You can't accept one small change to the menu to accomdate a large section of the community... Is bacon really more important...

You can't have bacon because it is not allowed in the same place under muslim religion. Hence the change to halal is essentially a removal of choice for a section of the community and hence racism against that section imho. Halal is not part of the UK culture or religion and thus should not be forced upon it which is what is happening here.

Asda, Tesco of halal sections but they DO NOT restrict anyone elses choice and therefore is not an issue. However you have to wonder how they can have an halal section and pig products in the same store.

Yarddog I have not tried that new chippy in Shaw. Ussually go to the Dolphin one so must try it. KFC and co are crap compared to the good chippys

Nothing is being forced on you.. As a consumer in a free country you can consume what you choose...

Halal has no impact on Christians.... We are fine to eat it...

What is your feelings on halal only curry houses? Or on Jewish resturants? How about vegan resturants? None of them offer bacon....

so your saying that the thoughts and feelings of a Muslim person should take second place to yours? Again you suggest your more important...

You can't accept one small change to the menu to accomdate a large section of the community... Is bacon really more important...

I think the kfc should produce a fyc burger for fans of the great 80's band.

Full beef of course.

Halal has no impact on Christians.... We are fine to eat it...

Apart from going in to subway with my son for his favourite sub only to be told no we are halal. You have to walk 2 miles to broadway for that if you want it!!! When asked why it was for the community. I said I am part of that community and you have removed my choice. The asian assistant answer was tough luck.

As for your other stuff they opened up as such and are not main chains and are opened up to serve a section of the comunity. They don't replace or remove, they add to and that is what you just don't get. The difference is important

The removal of choice is the issue and that is unacceptable to me that choice should be removed in such a way and for such reasons.

Yarddog have just ordered that book. Another good book I thought was Bagdad FC about the Iraqi football team during and after the saddam years.

Apart from going in to subway with my son for his favourite sub only to be told no we are halal. You have to walk 2 miles to broadway for that if you want it!!! When asked why it was for the community. I said I am part of that community and you have removed my choice. The asian assistant answer was tough luck.

As for your other stuff they opened up as such and are not main chains and are opened up to serve a section of the comunity. They don't replace or remove, they add to and that is what you just don't get. The difference is important

The removal of choice is the issue and that is unacceptable to me that choice should be removed in such a way and for such reasons.

Yarddog have just ordered that book. Another good book I thought was Bagdad FC about the Iraqi football team during and after the saddam years.

Do you not see that Muslim people have be denied access to these resturants for too long... And how very small changes can open them up to everyone....

Or do you think Muslim people should have less choice... Second class citizens if you would...