Latics vs Bradford City + weekend efforts

Matt

Agreed, a rubbish Easter for us without doubt. We lack the killer touch we had earlier in the season and I fear we will look back on the last few games, the last 2 in particular, and think about what might have been. I'm not convinced we'll stay in the play-off places now and, even if we do, I'm not convinced that we will do well in them.

The teams around us seem to have a bit more grit and determination at the right times, Tics seem to be missing something at the mo.

Edited by tactically_naive

Was listening to the commentary and i'm really wound up about what sounded like completely biased liner and reffing decisions all the way thru the game. AND, what was all that about with Rocastle at the end?!!? I know i wasn't there and dont know the whole story but he wasted the whole of the final minute arguing and tanting. He had to be restrained by Haining and all when we were pushiing for the winner. He completely broke the momentum. I wouldnt be surprised if the rest of the team are livid with him. As i said, i dont know the whole story, maybe there was a racial comment hurled at him or something but if not, and he'd just lost it, then he needs a strip tearing off him by Shez and Tommy...... Sorry, just winds me up, 2 games on and 4 more points dropped, really drunk off......

KTF......

Was listening to the commentary and i'm really wound up about what sounded like completely biased liner and reffing decisions all the way thru the game. AND, what was all that about with Rocastle at the end?!!? I know i wasn't there and dont know the whole story but he wasted the whole of the final minute arguing and tanting. He had to be restrained by Haining and all when we were pushiing for the winner. He completely broke the momentum. I wouldnt be surprised if the rest of the team are livid with him. As i said, i dont know the whole story, maybe there was a racial comment hurled at him or something but if not, and he'd just lost it, then he needs a strip tearing off him by Shez and Tommy...... Sorry, just winds me up, 2 games on and 4 more points dropped, really drunk off......

KTF......

Haining was the one who started it all really and it esculated from then on. Rocky got involved when there player was slow to walk off...he went over and started pushing then....but he wasnt the one who started the pushing and shoving near the end, was Haining and a team effort really. I doubt theyll be livid.....he livened the game up when he came on....and he scored didnt he? Im not sure it was just a sea of legs....if he didnt he did well setting it up anyways.

Ohhh dont get me started on the ref.....was shocking. Over-ruled his linesman on a throw-in, and gave free kicks to them when they merely fell over. Porter was being shoved in the back all day and got nothing. Should have had a couple of free kicks in dangerous positions but got nothing, and had a couple of penalty appeals turned down aswell.

Edited by kellys_discopants

Guest sheridans_world
Ohhh dont get me started on the ref.....was shocking. Over-ruled his linesman on a throw-in, and gave free kicks to them when they merely fell over. Porter was being shoved in the back all day and got nothing. Should have had a couple of free kicks in dangerous positions but got nothing, and had a couple of penalty appeals turned down aswell.

To be fair, the linesman got that decision wrong, went out off Taylor.

As for the rest of the referee's performance it was diabolical...As i have said in another post he was far worse than Clattenberg was. I am not going to go on about him, he wanted to be in the limelight and he got it.

I liked Glombard, althought i thought that both him and Taylor lacked in vision a little when on the ball. Thought that Warne was immense when he came on, he wasnt getting the service though. Maybe 4 times he could have had a pass through and been in on goal but neither Wellens, Rocky or Roque would pass it through...

Hope Shez doesnt get into more trouble.

I said before the game on Saturday that 5 points from Hudders, Brad and Cheltenham will see us safe.

We have 2 points, need 3 more and we will be safe. 4 Points Clear of Swansea atm, they need two wins to get above us, a draw will not do them any good because there are only 4 games left, we have a better goal difference, so them and Carlisle need two wins before we kick a ball. Three points and we are safe.

Roll on Saturday!

4 points clear with 4 games to go. I'll take that. :grin:

Cracking Atmosphere today. Was good when both stands joined in one another, which they did the majority of the time. Even better when the two stands sang seperate songs!

i dont realy have much to say as its already been said!

I cant believe how poor that referee was, in the carpark after the game, a bradford fan said to me, "that ref was shocking, he ruined the game"

we were poor though today! need to stop playing the hoof!

Very disapointed with our efforts today but from the kick-off i thought Bratfud played some excellent, composed football for a team near the foot of the league, they built from the back and had good quick movement up-front. We were, AGAIN, slow. sluggish and predictable with poor quality balls into the box and hardly made their keeper moved.

THEN, groundhog day, felt like Orient and Brentford all over again, a sending off then we woke up. WHY????

I don't accept the excuse "Well they're at the bottom and fighting for points". Excuse me WE are at the top and fighting for points.

Where has our passion, desire, swagger, constant flow of crosses, men in the box, take the game to any opponent gone. We should not be looking over our shoulders at Swansea or Carlisle.

We will obviously get into the play-offs but we ned to go in with some form cos the play-offs are not for the fain-hearted and three mamoth battles are in store.

Come on blues, lets attack, attack attack and take games away from our opponents for the next four games, cruise through the two legs of the semi-final and get our rewards at Wembley.

OK rant over, :angry: i'm back on track now. I'm going to calm my nerves with a large Malt Whiskey and count the minutes to the Cheltenham kick-off (i just had to get that off my chest, then again i could do with getting a couple of stone of it as well)

I, as ever, will KEEP THE FAITH

We will obviously get into the play-offs

You're a brave man making that statement now. I'm not convinced any more to be honest, for all the reasons you put in your post....our lack of

passion, desire, swagger, constant flow of crosses, men in the box, take the game to any opponent

You're a brave man making that statement now. I'm not convinced any more to be honest, for all the reasons you put in your post....our lack of

4 points clear. Better goal difference.

Next week's fixtures.

Oldham v Cheltenham

Bristol City v Yeovil

Rotherham v Carlisle

Bournemouth v Swansea

Blackpool v Northampton

Brentford v Forest

Bristol City - 76 - +19

---------

Forest - 72 - +17

Blackpool - 71 - +18

Yeovil - 70 - + 14

Oldham - 69 - +23

-----------

Swansea - 65 - +17

Carlisle - 65 - +4

-------

No matter what happens next week. We'll be in the playoffs, with three games to go. I think most people including Swansea, and Carlisle fans will

Dont Forget, Swansea still have to play CARLISLE and BLACKPOOL.

Carlisle have to play BRISTOL CITY, SWANSEA AND SCUNTHORPE

Because of the above. I think we'll be safe.

4 points clear. Better goal difference.

Next week's fixtures.

Oldham v Cheltenham

Bristol City v Yeovil

Rotherham v Carlisle

Bournemouth v Swansea

Blackpool v Northampton

Brentford v Forest

Bristol City - 76 - +19

---------

Forest - 72 - +17

Blackpool - 71 - +18

Yeovil - 70 - + 14

Oldham - 69 - +23

-----------

Swansea - 65 - +17

Carlisle - 65 - +4

-------

No matter what happens next week. We'll be in the playoffs, with three games to go. I think most people including Swansea, and Carlisle fans will

Dont Forget, Swansea still have to play CARLISLE and BLACKPOOL.

Carlisle have to play BRISTOL CITY, SWANSEA AND SCUNTHORPE

Because of the above. I think we'll be safe.

Well when you put it like that,never thought to recheck the run ins,you could've posted that bloody sooner.

Been sat here with me head up me arse drinking beer for the last 3 hours in full on WE'RE DOOMED mode despite being 4 points clear with 4 to play.

After todays performance was genuinely wondering where the next win was coming from,still am to be honest.Everything just seems flat on the pitch it's just not happening a lot of the time.Don't know if the players are gettin' twitchy as well as us lot or what.

It's just soooooooooooooo near,within touching distance now.

COME ON!

Actually,it's a fair trick drinkin' beer with yer head up yer arse.

Took me years of trainin' with a yogic alcoholic to perfect it.

Maybe i should open a "clinic" in Saddleworth or somewhere a bit posh,i mean feck if people go for this Reiki shyte ya never know :grin:

Edited by inspectormorose

If i'm truly honest we probably don't deserve to qualify for the playoffs any more. I hate to say it but it's true. Where has the players' determination gone to. The easter fixtures and next weekend should have been 9 points. We'll probably lose that one too. I've been so confident this weekend that we were on for 6 points but look what happened. Maybe I should help the team and be negative. We just seem to play rubbish against the lower teams. I cannot understand what has happened since the Swansea away game. Top of the league to this!? Anyone else agree we're crap and the players need a good slapping? :angry:

If i'm truly honest we probably don't deserve to qualify for the playoffs any more. I hate to say it but it's true. Where has the players' determination gone to. The easter fixtures and next weekend should have been 9 points. We'll probably lose that one too. I've been so confident this weekend that we were on for 6 points but look what happened. Maybe I should help the team and be negative. We just seem to play rubbish against the lower teams. I cannot understand what has happened since the Swansea away game. Top of the league to this!? Anyone else agree we're crap and the players need a good slapping? :angry:

I disagree with a lot of that, Rick! Sorry!

To say we don't deserve to qualify for the play-offs is a strange thing to say. We're still in the play-off places! To coin a phrase, the season is a marathon, not a sprint. We've been very inconsistent this season, but we still have more points than 18 other teams - and that is deserved! So we've hit a (prolonged) bad patch..... And? Sounds like you've written us off already. Not convinced that you being negative is going to help the team either - we have enough negs as it is.

You're 27, I presume? So (maybe wrong) you've probably been supporting Latics for 20 years? Have you not learned that we do things the hard way here!? Course we weren't going to get 6 points over Easter!

About the players being crap and needing a slap....er, just no. Not sure their determination has gone either (collectively), just that a few are basically knackered, due to old or young age, and a few are just the sort of player whose heads drop when things aren't going our way (not saying that that's right, but then comes the old adage about 'if they didn't have X wrong with them, they wouldn't be playing in our division').

Yes, it's frustrating. No, it's going according to 'plan', but FFS, we're still in the fight, we have shown a hell of a lot of determination over the course of the season, and we all have to keep the faith that we can do it again when it really matters.

PS, a special shout out goes to today's ref, who, I'm sure everyone will agree made today a fantastically headache-provoking time.

Edited by maddog

Guest jet_dd34

What frustrates me is that, had we played to our potential and put away our chances, we would be 3pts behind Bristol, on a good run and looking to nick that second auto from under their noses! No chance now! In fact, if they don't improve, it could be Blackpool going up auto and to me, that would be a waste of Championship space.

Ports didn't look as though he wanted to play, we should have brought in another striker earlier in the season, our wafer thin squad just may be the reason why we will still be here next season.

2006/2007. Started slow, improved, played fantastic football, rose to the top, then blew it!

Sorry, really p**sed at this weekend and I won't be here next season to see any of it.

I'm disappointed, like everyone else, with some recent results but I think the main reason for our slump in form has been the loss of momentum caused by injuries to Porter and Charlton and the suspensions of Wellens, Pogs, Macca, Haining, etc, couple with a thin squad and difficulties recruiting loanees. We played a large portion of the season, when we were doing particularly well, with a near unchanged eleven.

Hopefully we are playoff bound, with a reasonably strong team, especially now that Porter is back, which will hopefully not be affected any further by injury or suspension.

And look on the bright side, do the players' heads really drop? 2-0 down at Orient with 17 minutes left; 2-0 down at Brentford with 4 minutes left and 1-0 down at Bradford with 3 minutes left. We didn't lose any of them and, without those three points, we'd be clinging to a playoff spot by the skin of our teeth.

Fair do's Stevie, we have shown resolve in getting something out of the games, but why does it take a situation like that to get us going? We threw away the points against Hudds, I mean, ffs, Pool beat them 2-0 on their own turf!

I can appreciate the comments about injuries, squad size, etc, but, if we don't go, up nothing will change next season, unless we offload some players. Hopefully Porter will shake off his niggles quickly, but Jet's not the only one I've heard say he didn't look interested yesterday. We need everybody focused and committed, even more so if we make the playoffs.

The annoying thing for me, is I can only go off other people's comments as I can't get down to the games. I'll have to buy myself a set of false fingernails if we get through!!!

Jet's not the only one I've heard say he didn't look interested yesterday. We need everybody focused and committed, even more so if we make the playoffs.

Unsure were Jet was sitting to say that about Ports..IMO porter took a knock on his knee early on that impeded his play - he did show some bright signs early on, but struggled with his knee from aboyt 30 mins into the game

Unsure were Jet was sitting to say that about Ports..IMO porter took a knock on his knee early on that impeded his play - he did show some bright signs early on, but struggled with his knee from aboyt 30 mins into the game

I know a group of mates in Oldham that went and they all agreed about Ports not wanting it. Maybe, as you say, not match fit, carrying a knock. Maybe coming off the bench would have been a better option, which would probably have been the case had he not scored against Hudders.

We beat Udds 3-0 on their own turf, on ours it should have been the same. Yes players are tired, have off days blah blah blah, it's football and that's the way it is. Look at Manure, get beat by Pompey then Pompey get spanked by Watford. Our important key at the minute is we are not getting beat. Thrice in recent weeks we've been behind but come back and could have won all of them, so let's be positive people and sing our way to Wembley 'say we are going up say we are going up!'

And look on the bright side, do the players' heads really drop? 2-0 down at Orient with 17 minutes left; 2-0 down at Brentford with 4 minutes left and 1-0 down at Bradford with 3 minutes left. We didn't lose any of them and, without those three points, we'd be clinging to a playoff spot by the skin of our teeth.

The problem ther Stevie is that out of our last 3 away matches we have played for about 25 minutes.If we had put in a performance for the full 90 we would have won all 3 at a canter,and had another 6 points,which would have had us a point behind Brizzle

It's easy to spot how frustrated everyone is, especially when there's far less wins than we all expected. But it's also nice to see some folk staying positive and keeping up the spirits of those who are faltering slighty here!! Keep it up - we can still do this and I am looking forward to seeing some good post-match celebrations coming our way over the next few games. We're heading up for sure! :ktf: