4Nations RL Final - England v Australia

Anyone else going Sat night ?

I serioulsy think England have a good chance of finally beating the Aussies in a big game and to actually win something of serious merit. I'm always torn in these games because I've always simply love watching the Green and Golds ......... they never fail to amaze me.

Anyone else going Sat night ?

I seriously think England have a good chance of finally beating the Aussies in a big game and to actually win something of serious merit. I'm always torn in these games because I've always simply love watching the Green and Golds ......... they never fail to amaze me.

Yep, but tbh I'm only going to see the Aussies, think they'll destroy us - a few disagree with me but the game ending so close at Wigan was more a result of the Aussies taking it easy rather than the brilliance of England. If they'd needed that extra yard they would have found it imo.

Anyhow should be a good night out and not bad for a tenner!

Edited by oafcprozac

...... then throw in the fittest 30 year old in the world .. Hindy!! Tackle .. tackle .. tackle ... tackle. Absolute legend, met him several times in Oz. Hopefully again this time as he knows my best mate over there (I'm off there in Early March so hope to catch a couple of Parra games).

Can't wait until April when I start playing again (after 21/2 years out of it) ... and this series as really pumped me up for it.

Probally heading over on my own .... so I'll try and catch up with you before / travel over, may treat myself to an expensive seat :wink:

...... then throw in the fittest 30 year old in the world .. Hindy!! Tackle .. tackle .. tackle ... tackle. Absolute legend, met him several times in Oz. Hopefully again this time as he knows my best mate over there (I'm off there in Early March so hope to catch a couple of Parra games).

Can't wait until April when I start playing again (after 21/2 years out of it) ... and this series as really pumped me up for it.

Probally heading over on my own .... so I'll try and catch up with you before / travel over, may treat myself to an expensive seat :wink:

Think we're getting the half-three train from Stalyvegas

I went to the tri-nations final a couple of years back at Bellend Road. The Aussies spoilt a great piss up....... :disappointed:

Came up to the final a few years back when the Kiwi's smashed the Aussies. Brought a young Aussie lady with me ......... the Aussies losing and the freezing weather she did like, that ruined a good :censored:

Came up to the final a few years back when the Kiwi's smashed the Aussies. Brought a young Aussie lady with me ......... the Aussies losing and the freezing weather she did like, that ruined a good :censored:

Hopefully the shoddy state of Super League will not be exposed again. Fingers crossed for a tight one. I'd take that.

Super League's shame continues.

It wasnt all that bad, i felt we matched them for over an hour. If only now we can keep fitness up for the full eighty and also try and ram home more points when we seem dominant in the game (one such oppurtunity was when burgess broke through again after his first try and opted to keep a hold of the ball instead of passing to tomkins). It would also help if we could keep the good young un's we currently have and not have to suffer any switching codes. Add into all this is that that aussie team is probably one of, if not 'the', best rugby teams of all time in either code. No excuse i suppose for past performances from England but the last qauter tonight they were breathtaking. Tonight hopefully has shown signs that we can start winning torunaments in years to come!

Edited by Oafc88

It wasnt all that bad, i felt we matched them for over an hour. If only now we can keep fitness up for the full eighty and also try and ram home more points when we seem dominant in the game (one such oppurtunity was when burgess broke through again after his first try and opted to keep a hold of the ball instead of passing to tomkins). It would also help if we could keep the good young un's we currently have and not have to suffer any switching codes. Add into all this is that that aussie team is probably one of, if not 'the', best rugby teams of all time in either code. No excuse i suppose for past performances from England but the last qauter tonight they were breathtaking. Tonight hopefully has shown signs that we can start winning torunaments in years to come!

We did, but the Aussies were poor, it was our mistakes which gave them the game on a plate. Last 20 we threw the towel in - but Bentham the video ref had a shocker. We left at 28-16 to get back for our train. Couldn't believe the Kangaroos had banged on another 18 points!

We did, but the Aussies were poor, it was our mistakes which gave them the game on a plate. Last 20 we threw the towel in - but Bentham the video ref had a shocker. We left at 28-16 to get back for our train. Couldn't believe the Kangaroos had banged on another 18 points!

Watched it again, the Aussies were superb as Eddie Hemmings said in commentary "I'm bloomin'sick of it, year after year!"

Burgess was outstanding for us, young Kyle has a lot to learn and Jammer's panicky offload probably cost us a 12-0 lead, instead it was 6-6 within seconds. Turning point of the game. Three cracking tries for us but Billy Slater was different class and i'm privileged to have finally seen the great Darren Lockyer in the flesh.

Watched it again, the Aussies were superb as Eddie Hemmings said in commentary "I'm bloomin'sick of it, year after year!"

Burgess was outstanding for us, young Kyle has a lot to learn and Jammer's panicky offload probably cost us a 12-0 lead, instead it was 6-6 within seconds. Turning point of the game. Three cracking tries for us but Billy Slater was different class and i'm privileged to have finally seen the great Darren Lockyer in the flesh.

I've been lucky enough to see Lockyer a few times, most notably when Saints beat Brisbane 18-14 at the Reebok in 2007. :grin: The other times are when they toured in 2004.