France v Ireland

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balls to that...he should be given a three match ban for deception (the same as the alleged punishment for diving).

Only problem is that France will play three more times between now and the finals, ideal situation he should be banned for the group games.

As long as all players are treated the same. Therefore Keane would be banned for 3 games aswell. I would be very pi$$ed off if an English player had done the same and admitted it and cost us a place in the world cup, and so would everyone else and im sure there would be all sorts of hate campaigns. So really what ever he does he can't win.

The Irish need a solid defence like your Ipswich boys Roy !!!!!

Yeah i thought that. The irony of Roy Keane telling people to 'get over it'...cos he's not one to hold a grudge is he. Still, after he compared him throwing his toys out of his pram during the 2002 World Cup to Muhammad Ali refusing to fight in Vietnam, i'm not really surprised by any of his bitter deluded ramblings.

Balls to that...he should be given a three match ban for deception (the same as the alleged punishment for diving).

The punishment for diving is a yellow card, hence Arsenal successfully getting Eduardo's 3 match ban overturned. They argued that if the ref saw it, he would have only been booked, and UEFA realized that they were right.

I'm all for retrospective action with regards to bookings/suspensions. But it has to be in line with what would be given on the field.

The punishment for diving is a yellow card, hence Arsenal successfully getting Eduardo's 3 match ban overturned. They argued that if the ref saw it, he would have only been booked, and UEFA realized that they were right.

I'm all for retrospective action with regards to bookings/suspensions. But it has to be in line with what would be given on the field.

At the most. The same thing goes on all the time, my worry is that the rules change when it's a match with a lot riding on it. Same game on the park as in the World Cup final please, that's why people like it.

Yeah i thought that. The irony of Roy Keane telling people to 'get over it'...cos he's not one to hold a grudge is he. Still, after he compared him throwing his toys out of his pram during the 2002 World Cup to Muhammad Ali refusing to fight in Vietnam, i'm not really surprised by any of his bitter deluded ramblings.

Very odd comparison really, given he really really wanted to win the World Cup for Ireland but Ali was to say the least flaky about the Vietnam operation.

Yep, just seen that on the news. It won't happen. Unless the world really has gone stark raving mad.

To listen to them whining on anyone would think it's the first time ever that such a significant handball has been missed. :blink:

Apart from the one by the poisoned dwarf against England, Joe Jordan did it for Scotland against Wales in a 1978 World Cup qualifier. I await it happening to the Scots, who like the Welsh and Irish, took great delight at the 'hand of God' incident.

Others of note:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20112009/58/...&order=date