• Dean Furman
    • Joe Colbeck
    • Keigan Parker
    • Paul Heffernan
    • Ryan Brooke
    • Nick Blackman
    • Dale Stephens.

Guest sheridans_world

Smalley had a good first half and I'm glad he's getting back to full fitness. Ryan Brooke stayed sat on the bench, didnt do anything, was there a point in bringing Stephens on?

Heffernan looked like a useful player, just needs some games under his belt.

Smalley for me, better than Casper or Furman. I'd choose Gregan but.... meh.

Smalley had a good first half and I'm glad he's getting back to full fitness. Ryan Brooke stayed sat on the bench, didnt do anything, was there a point in bringing Stephens on?

Heffernan looked like a useful player, just needs some games under his belt.

Smalley for me, better than Casper or Furman. I'd choose Gregan but.... meh.

Smalley? Watching the game in a parallel universe were we? He's played 5 or 6 games since his return. How many men has he beat? How many crosses has he put in? How many shots has he had? Lazy, uninterested bottle merchant.

MOM for me was :censored: or Black. Black at least looked to push on when he could unlike Kelvin 'nose bleed, :censored: scared of the ball' Lomax. :censored: looked comfortable at CB.

Heff? Difficult without a decent partner to do the spade work for him, he's a poacher but would be excellent with Pav alongside.

Guest sheridans_world
Smalley? Watching the game in a parallel universe were we? He's played 5 or 6 games since his return. How many men has he beat? How many crosses has he put in? How many shots has he had? Lazy, uninterested bottle merchant.

MOM for me was :censored: or Black. Black at least looked to push on when he could unlike Kelvin 'nose bleed, :censored: scared of the ball' Lomax. :censored: looked comfortable at CB.

Heff? Difficult without a decent partner to do the spade work for him, he's a poacher but would be excellent with Pav alongside.

Disagree, Smalley's work rate was high. He was playing up front for a lot of the game, he should be in the middle (where he was) rather than putting crosses in. I lost count of the number of times that Smalley tracked back to help Kelvin with his man.

Who the hell voted for Colbeck? Gash. Again. He got two good crosses in and the man in the middle should have done better but thats all Colbeck did for 90 minutes!

Smalley had a good first half and I'm glad he's getting back to full fitness

Smalley for me,

Are you in a relationship with Deano, Si?????

He has been crap for the last 5 or 6 games,yet he always seems to be in your MOM top 3..

Personally i would go for :censored: because we don't do toss all anywhere else on the field.

Flahavan or Colebeck were the only players to come out of it with any credit for me really....... but Colebeck really only had a good first half so I'm going to give it to Flahavan because he was good over the 90 mins. Although I thought maybe he could have tried to cut out the ball across the box for the first goal though.

Flahaven aside, :censored: was MOTM. Better than Rubes for me and about the only positive.

Lol...you went and spoiled a good start to a post....better than Rubes? Lol...:censored: did well, as stated, until he was booked. He was rash and uncomposed but did a job and dived in once too often with the "I must win this ball" to which he was booked. Flahavan nailed on MOTM for me with a pat on the back to :censored:. Sorely need him back into our canyon, sorry, midfield though.

Are you in a relationship with Deano, Si?????

He has been crap for the last 5 or 6 games,yet he always seems to be in your MOM top 3..

Personally i would go for :censored: because we don't do toss all anywhere else on the field.

Couldn't have put it better myself, Randy.

GK for me

Followed by Gregan - but I so wish he would not spit his dummy out after we concede and roast a fellow player in front of everyone. Does not instill confidence. Should have said after first goal "c'mon lads chin up, they are here for the taking". Something like Gerrard does for the pool or even Milly did for us - a captain who you wanna give all for when he's roaring to keep going.

Oh well...another thing to add to my Santa's latics wish list...

Lol...you went and spoiled a good start to a post....better than Rubes? Lol...:censored: did well, as stated, until he was booked. He was rash and uncomposed but did a job and dived in once too often with the "I must win this ball" to which he was booked. Flahavan nailed on MOTM for me with a pat on the back to :censored:. Sorely need him back into our canyon, sorry, midfield though.

Whoa! Got a little excited there didn't you? So Flahaven aside, as I clarified, who beat :censored: to MOTM? Considering it was his first game at centre half, in difficult conditions, against the run-away league leaders, behind our 'canyon', and with a pair of jokers as fullbacks, I thought he did :censored: well, as per usual from what I've seen of him. If he was left to play there and grow into the role he would make twice the centre half Rubes is, but I agree, we need :censored: elsewhere.

Incidentally, you're in my bad books. It was your 'fight them on the beaches' post the other day which made me discharge myself from hospital to turn out, and then I caught this killer cold I've got at BP I reckon. :cry: I also blame Penney....

Lads there are some unbelievably incorrect and slightly idiotic comments on here.

Firstly Colbeck had a good game - the guy put in three quality balls in the first ten minutes alone and caused their full-back real problems. Starved of service in the second half he put in a couple of sloppy touches to remind us that he is still a work in progress. Whoever calls him gash should be banned from sensible footballing discussion for ever - complete bollocks comment.

Gregan - not his biggest fan but I though he was the best centre-half on the pitch today and showed up well.

:censored: - impressed, especially in the first half. So much so that if we could sign him and groom him to play there I'd be well pleased.

Smalley - poor again. Hasn't kicked on since he broke into the team and looks to me like an unintelligent footballer. All the natural gifts in the world won't help him if he hasn't got the wit to learn from his mistakes. Loses the ball cheaply, doesn't beat a man and rarely looks a threat.

Flahaven - first goal flashed across about two foot from the goal line. Some excellent saves but I thought that there and at other times his command of the area was lacking.

Heffernan - well short of match practice and it showed; offered us very little.

The idea that Smalley was good is astonishing.

Whoa! Got a little excited there didn't you? So Flahaven aside, as I clarified, who beat :censored: to MOTM? Considering it was his first game at centre half, in difficult conditions, against the run-away league leaders, behind our 'canyon', and with a pair of jokers as fullbacks, I thought he did :censored: well, as per usual from what I've seen of him. If he was left to play there and grow into the role he would make twice the centre half Rubes is, but I agree, we need :censored: elsewhere.

Incidentally, you're in my bad books. It was your 'fight them on the beaches' post the other day which made me discharge myself from hospital to turn out, and then I caught this killer cold I've got at BP I reckon. :cry: I also blame Penney....

I just don't think playing there regularly, :censored: would be better than Rubes...he did well, but as a one-off game against a 2nd string strike force if we're being honest, it's a bit unfair to say he's twice the CB Rubes is.

As for the cold, unlucky! But who would want to miss that Gregan 95th minute winner...maybe it's meant to be at Elland Road instead ;-)