• Dean Smalley
    • Danny Whitaker
    • Dean Furman
    • Dale Stephens
    • Joe Colbeck
    • Paul Heffernan
    • Keigan Parker
    • Ryan Brooke

Gregan...would've been a cricket score without...Flav 2nd...the rest...too young, too inexperienced or had no balls.

What he said. Apart from them two we might as well have 9 bouncy pegs off a pinball machine dotted around the pitch. What :censored:.

I voted for Stephens for no other factor than it wasn't until the train home that I found out he was playing and feel bad for not noticing. Sometimes I impress (disappoint) even myself with how little I can observe when I've had a few.

I went for Stephens. Although clearly not up to speed at this level, I thought he displayed a great deal of potential. I know my next point will be argued against, but I thought he linked up well with Furman. Between them, they showed some quick passing moves which has not been seen for a long time. Furman lost the ball outside Norwich's box only when he involved Smalley and Whittaker. I also thought he was very unlucky to be withdrawn when the likes of Whittaker (who was his usual lazy self) and Smalley (who is so far behind last season's form) remained on the pitch.

Other players who came out with credit:

Flahaven - no fault for either goal.

Gregan - normal shift in defence.

Jacobsen - plugged the defensive gap reasonably well.

Black - Solid.

Colbeck - never stopped running or tackling, needs to be moved to the right. No confidence in attempting a cross with his left foot. And the first player to applaud the Oldham fans at the end.

The rest:

Lomax - absolute garbage.

Whittaker - lazy, idle, disinterested.

Smalley - needs to be in the reserves and on the bench to get his confidence back (if he wants to play for Oldham)

Heffernan - I feel a great deal of sympathy for this guy. Penney's strange tactics never gave him any opportunity.

And has been said on other threads, top marks for the Oldham fans. Priceless to see the Norwich crowd with big, daft grins following some of the chants especially the on about Delia's pies!!!

I went for Stephens. Although clearly not up to speed at this level, I thought he displayed a great deal of potential. I know my next point will be argued against, but I thought he linked up well with Furman. Between them, they showed some quick passing moves which has not been seen for a long time. Furman lost the ball outside Norwich's box only when he involved Smalley and Whittaker. I also thought he was very unlucky to be withdrawn when the likes of Whittaker (who was his usual lazy self) and Smalley (who is so far behind last season's form) remained on the pitch.

Other players who came out with credit:

Flahaven - no fault for either goal.

Gregan - normal shift in defence.

Jacobsen - plugged the defensive gap reasonably well.

Black - Solid.

Colbeck - never stopped running or tackling, needs to be moved to the right. No confidence in attempting a cross with his left foot. And the first player to applaud the Oldham fans at the end.

The rest:

Lomax - absolute garbage.

Whittaker - lazy, idle, disinterested.

Smalley - needs to be in the reserves and on the bench to get his confidence back (if he wants to play for Oldham)

Heffernan - I feel a great deal of sympathy for this guy. Penney's strange tactics never gave him any opportunity.

And has been said on other threads, top marks for the Oldham fans. Priceless to see the Norwich crowd with big, daft grins following some of the chants especially the on about Delia's pies!!!