Diego's Oldham Picture Quiz 26

Diego_Sideburns

That's the centre of the 'tree for a life' ground sculpture thingy at Tandle Hills Park.

I think. :unsure:

You think CORRECTLY :pow: Well done! :applause1:

The Rotary International ‘Life For A Life’ Memorial at Tandle Hill (note singular) Country Park, Royton. The scheme involves the planting of a memorial tree or trees, and installing memorial benches and/or plaques to commemorate loved ones. Over time, these trees will develop into an organised woodland that everyone can enjoy.

3718632812_83774aa4fa_b.jpg
Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Same here, but through the wonders of t'interlude, I learned one day that there was only one Hill.

I think I may be at fault here. Tandle Hill is indeed the one with the monument to the dead of the two World Wars one it, and the site of perhaps an Iron Age fort, religious site, or according to a local farmer a line made by cows walking round it fpr centuries. Hardly a reason why the park itself shouldn't be known as Tandle Hills anyway, Snowdonia manages to take it's name from it's most glamorous peak. Excellent place anyway, I missed a pint at the Tavern to walk over it last time I was up, I don't think anywhere feels like home so much as being on top of there.

I think I may be at fault here. Tandle Hill is indeed the one with the monument to the dead of the two World Wars one it, and the site of perhaps an Iron Age fort, religious site, or according to a local farmer a line made by cows walking round it fpr centuries. Hardly a reason why the park itself shouldn't be known as Tandle Hills anyway, Snowdonia manages to take it's name from it's most glamorous peak. Excellent place anyway, I missed a pint at the Tavern to walk over it last time I was up, I don't think anywhere feels like home so much as being on top of there.

There's certainly more than one hill, but the official name for the Country Park only mentions one. That's a good enough reason to continue to refer to it as Tandle Hills.