Easter weekend

Markoasis

As it was a long weekend I decided to stay up after the game Sat and give my a family a little Easter treat of actually seeing my face longer that a few hours and although it was always going to be a test for me and my Mum to be in the same place for more than 24 hours and staying friends... I took the risk.

I met Mark and Paul as usual in Harrow and we made the journey up the M1/M62 in good time to arrive at the Greyhound in plenty of time to enjoy the sun.

P1010422.jpg

After my quota of beers I headed up to the ground slightly earlier that usual (even though most of the other 'Tics in the Greyhound had left 10 minutes previously) to help get the ‘big’ flag out in the Chaddy which nearly killed me and Joe …. It weighs a bloody ton!!!!

P1010423.jpg

Well the game started well and we simply didn’t take our chances and it ended with us dropping another two points against a poor Huddersfield side.

P1010424.jpg

Monday saw me head off to Bradford with Wardle (the driver of the day), Johnny punkster, OminousPoultry and Leeslover. Before we entertained ourselves in the Bradford Arms myself and Leelover took a little detour to open my latest money making scheme.... OASIS LIMOUSINES!! Leelover was given the pleasure of cutting the ceremonial scarve ...... bookings are now being taken for the Crewe game!

P1010430.jpg

I did have tickets for the top section for the game but bumping into other members of the forum we decided to sit in the lower section together ….. once a few more scarves were sold, flag put out and hotdog consumed it was time to get to watch the game.......

P1010437.jpg

It wasn’t a great performance by Latics, although I felt we were unlucky to fall behind to a side that you can see clearly why they are in relegation trouble. We didn’t waste the one man advantage in the dying stages of the game and given a few more minutes (still don’t know how their keeper managed to keep out Taylor’s header at the end) we would have taken all three points instead of another bloody draw!!!

P1010436.jpg

My thanks must go to the stewards that day who were such a pleasant bunch and looked after us sooooooooo well even though I was trying my best to get them to kick me out... I keep telling them I wasn't here to cause fights, I just was just here to sell my scarves but they still wanted me to sit down!! I think I may have over steped the mark when I politely ask them does working the games on Sat effect their dole payments!!!!