25 car pile up on the A627M!

A patch of black ice is believed to have caused a 25-vehicle pile-up on a motorway in Greater Manchester.

It is unclear how many casualties there are, but police confirmed a number of people were injured in the rush-hour crash on the A627M.

Drivers have been warned to avoid the area after the vehicles were in collision near junction 20, at Oldham.

A number of adjoining roads are also in the process of being closed.

Drivers are being advised to find alternative routes as the roads could be closed for some time.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8460769.stm

Avoid that route for today then, I hope no one was killed/seriously hurt. Doesn't sound too pretty.

Looks like my decision to join the M62 at Milnrow for the first time since before Xmas was a good one.

I drove to Mills Hill this morning round Elk Mill roundabout at about 8.00 and the police had just closed the A627(M) and were starting to direct people off Broadway at the old Owl & Spindle carvery place. Looked like chaos.

I drove to Mills Hill this morning round Elk Mill roundabout at about 8.00 and the police had just closed the A627(M) and were starting to direct people off Broadway at the old Owl & Spindle carvery place. Looked like chaos.

I dodged a right bullet with this one. 50% of the time I drive that way to work in Bacup, but due to another unrelated bump in Chadderton I deceided to jump on the longer, but quicker M66 and went via Rawtenstall. I'd have been passing the M627 at about 8am too.

Phew.

Ouch! :shock: No injuries I hope. Cars are just bits of metal that can be replaced.

the driver of the lorry cut his head, but no injuries on our part thank god

the ice was that bad we couldnt even stand up on it never mind drive on it

i dont know why the road wasnt salted, with it being a bus route, i think the police ended up closing it

had an accident on Wednesday due to black ice above Holmfirth

My boss lives near there, but couldn't make it in on Wednesday due to the ice. He lives on a bus route too, which is normally ploughed and gritted. But the salt is scarce since the DfT launched 'Operation Grit the South'.

A couple of people slid into the barrier at work this morning (in Littleborough) due to the ice. I arrived an hour earlier, and was surprised that it was raining when it was -2C!

But the salt is scarce since the DfT launched 'Operation Grit the South'.

You didn't see the thread where I described the frustration of my friend* who had ordered a :censored:load of grit for his London borough on the speculative basis that he would have space for it in December, only for the government to nick have of what he had in stock and not let any of his new order get to him? They managed to get a couple of loads from the two places that produce the stuff by sending trucks there just before HMG shut them off as well.

It's honestly no better down here than up there. You can tell they have been :censored:ting it of running out for weeks, they have only put it down when they are all but sure it's going to come down, so the main roads have been shut for the evening when they chance it wrong. The side road I live on has made Ash Grove seem like a rubber mat at times.

*Without revealing details that could personally identify him, it's the very hard mad one who could suck his own cock at the age of 10 and has accidentally received oral pleasure from both a disguised man and a labrador.

My boss lives near there, but couldn't make it in on Wednesday due to the ice. He lives on a bus route too, which is normally ploughed and gritted. But the salt is scarce since the DfT launched 'Operation Grit the South'.

A couple of people slid into the barrier at work this morning (in Littleborough) due to the ice. I arrived an hour earlier, and was surprised that it was raining when it was -2C!

Huddersfield road it was, he probably saw our smash and thought . . . nah