Five-a-side pitches

jsslatic

Can anyone please recommend any good floodlit or indoor places to play five-a-side? Ideally around central London or in south London but within zone 2...

Hi Josh

How's tricks?

Brixton Leisure Centre has a really good indoor 3G pitch (basically fake grass). I used to play there on a Monday night until I was marooned in the West Midlands. It's less than a 2 minute walk from the tube and I think is fairly reasonable. We used to have a group of around 12 of us who would pay £30 each for a 8 week block booking. Alternatively there are Power League pitches at Old St and Liverpool St but these are really pricey (£70 a game).

Hope that helps

Alex

Sam plays Sunday evenings at Kennington Park at an open invite type thing, might be worth asking him. I’ve been meaning to go for over a year now, but a combination of fitness and either being tipsy at the prospect of work or still rough from the weekend has stopped me so far...

Hi Josh

How's tricks?

Brixton Leisure Centre has a really good indoor 3G pitch (basically fake grass). I used to play there on a Monday night until I was marooned in the West Midlands. It's less than a 2 minute walk from the tube and I think is fairly reasonable. We used to have a group of around 12 of us who would pay £30 each for a 8 week block booking. Alternatively there are Power League pitches at Old St and Liverpool St but these are really pricey (£70 a game).

Hope that helps

Alex

Yeah all's good thanks, mate. Those Brixton ones sound like the best shout, I guess it's just a case of getting my bunch of notoriously unreliable and non-commital players to stump up the cash early on! The Raynes Park ones probably too far out for people coming from north (most importantly me :wink:), thanks for the suggestion though. Looking for something weekday after work so perhaps the Sunday thing isn't ideal, good to have options though!

Just googling came up with Powerleague pretty much across the board, but as mentioned, I think they're pretty pricey. If there's 3G elsewhere then that's great. Thanks for the tips guys.

I also wouldn't mind joining Shaw-loving Royton-basher Zorrro for a game. Ideally on a pitch no longer or wider than the length of my leg

Hold on a gosh darn second. If we're throwing insults like that around, I can't wait to meet you on this miniature football pitch.

Start the coaching with one of my three teams this year (don't ask) if anyone wants to come along for fitness ............ it's League though :wink:

P.S Alex .... I will not bite today :lol: :lol:

you won't bite... Please...

I've no doubt all you do is fitness training when you coach. The aim of British bulldog is and always has been to run quickly to the other end. There's no skill involved so I can imagine everyone will get fit very quickly. The thing is though with barely contested scrums and little roll backs you can't work the lads too hard. When will they ever do their hair and make up.

Swing low....

On the football thing, I'd quite like to give Ryana kicking too so can you let me know if you need any spares also ;)

Edited by latic12345

Can anyone please recommend any good floodlit or indoor places to play five-a-side? Ideally around central London or in south London but within zone 2...

The kennington Park pitches are quite decent, used to play there a bit with work, i'd say they were more 7 a side though as they are quite big pitches. If you need any players give us a shout, could do with a kick about!!!!

Indeed the kennington park pitches are good. My game is 5-7 every Sunday there and it's an open invite if anyone ever fancies coming along. Costs £5 and we pick sides from whoever turns up. Being hungover is standard and not a reason for not turning up

A hangover is probably a minor inconvenience to the tri-athletes among us, it's a real issue for them that could be violently sick after running around for half an hour stone cold sober!