" worst i have ever seen "

i would say he has these next 2 home games. if we lose whilst playing as badly as we currently are then he will be out given the fixtures in feb.

As much as I want to back him and see him succeed, it really is bad in terms of his '1 point is better than none' philosophy.

Also, his promotions at donny and attempts with darlo were backed with huge budgets if you look closely, so maybe he isnt as good a manager circumstances i. budgets etc as we thought.

If he does go, it means another revolving process, then the next guy comes in and they do crap after 8 months, sacked again and so it goes on.

I hate this constant merry-go-round, but with some of the players there could take being crap and finishing 15th this year if the general football wasnt too bad, fans would still go to watch.

It is genuinely the football that has/is driven fans away. TTA have to take the rap for this. At the time it was right to let shez go but the fans didnt actively force him out/categorically called for his head before he went, it was TTA decision. They have also appointed the managers, Moore, Talbot, Penney.

I think they read too much into records. They need to take a long look and assess what they want from the team performance wise as much as wanting success (debatable).

e.g. buying into the young and futuristic philosophies of gannon and hill - fitting the culture of the manager with the overall purpose of the club.

You could argue, so far, the appointment of DP indicates a 'negative no-purpose' manager fits well with the negative ambitons of the club overall.

Given the choice, realistically, if he had to go id go for hill from dale (simply ask and see what he would want), still from dagenham, , knill from bury, coleman from accrington or gannon.

A lot of the players were here last season he says.

Other than Gregan and Hazell who he praises, the other three who were here last season are Smalley, Whitaker and Taylor. Of course Stephens too but then he made his debut under Penney.

So 6 new signings of Wednesday's starting 11. Hardly a lot of last season's players as he mentions.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

A lot of the players were here last season he says.

Other than Gregan and Hazell who he praises, the other three who were here last season are Smalley, Whitaker and Taylor. Of course Stephens too but then he made his debut under Penney.

So 6 new signings of Wednesday's starting 11. Hardly a lot of last season's players as he mentions.

Almost half the team. I'd say that's a lot.

Corney dismissed claims that Penney, brought in from Darlington at the end of last season, was working on a smaller budget than his predecessor, John Sheridan. He said: "I can categorically say that, given the money we've spent on players this season, it's higher. There are teams with bigger budgets in the division, but it's certainly not a bottom-four budget."

I might just have found my first ever signiture...

:censored: deserves praise. Last night was not even the worst this season, we've played far worse than that this season a few times.

:censored:, Stephens, Greegs and i have to admit, brill did well last night, still seemed unsure on whether to come for one or two crosses - but you can see the improvement, also pav deserves praise.

Which few clubs do you think were worse than this?

Saying it was a local derby, (well as local as we will get this season!!) you would have expected tackles flying in, passion levels running, fans attempting to out-sing. None of it, watching paint dry is more interesting

against tranmere there was no pasion or anything in that game. i was so bored that half way through the second half i put my i-pod on. i was really not happy at what i came to see. Local derbys are suppose to be high with passion and plenty of entertainment ! thats what was missing on wednesday.

To be fair with DP

we have only conceded a max of 3 goals in one game..

:wink:

Good to finally hear corney talking about something other than moaning about the losses they make

It doesn't matter if you go through the season only conceding 20 goals.

If you only score 20 goals you will probably get relegated.

Goals win games , not clean sheets!!!!!