Do you know someone who sits on the Trust Board

wardlelatic

Do you know someone who sits on the Trust Board  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Trust Directors

• Yes
    • No
    • Only by Name
  2. 2. Do you Know what Barry Owen looks like?

• Yes
    • No
    • I think so, t
  3. 3. Have you ever seen a Trust Director in the Stands or at an Away Match ?

• Yes
    • No

Following on from these comments

Bit of a late night at work, so I have just caught up.

I have found this thread quite interesting, well excluding the cringeworthy bits, and I am going to be a bit devils advocate.

I was just wondering when was the last time that anyone saw the fans representative in the stands and had to put up with the lousy facilities that the rest of us do?

In fact, how many of you are aware that they know a member of the trust board even to say hello to, never mind to have a chance to air a concern with them?

Derek.

Let's analyse:

1) There are something like 15 Trust directors from around maybe 4000 regular attendees (not all at the same time). Many of the current Directors have, I believe, got involved through this forum or JKL back in the day, making it not that odd that many electronic media followers would know at least one of them. Several of the other are fans of very long standing so it would again be odd for a large number of people not to at least be aware of one of them from some point in the course of their supporting career.

2) I will hazard a guess that over half the members of this forum were at the march and/or the RRE forum, and Barry's photo has appeared on countless OS pictures and other media, of course we know what he looks like. A more pertinent question would be when did you last see Barry in the stands at a game, home or away? I've certainly seen Mr Corney and Mr Blitz in the away end with their families since I saw Barry there.

3) As per the above two. Of course, anyone who thinks they haven't seen Mark Corbett, or Wardle, or Dave Hudson at a game just didn't know that they had, but it it still doesn't go to show that the Trust is engaged with the fanbase. It's not a question of whether the Directors are Latics fans, it goes deeper.

EDIT: attenders? prick

Edited by leeslover

That's an even more pointless poll than most of singe's.

It is pretty pointless. The point is not whether you know a Trust director; it's about whether they would be easily contactable and approachable should you need them.

The lack of confidence in Barry, however, indicates that most wouldn't really be inclined to raise their concerns through the Trust currently anyway.

It is pretty pointless. The point is not whether you know a Trust director; it's about whether they would be easily contactable and approachable should you need them.

I shall remember that when stopped on the way to the ground, in the ground, journey homes, Pub, Asda, Tesco, Manchester/ Liverpool Airport, Trafford Centre to name a few where myself, Mark, Simon, Barry, Diane, Mike and others are stopped and spoken too concerning club and trust matters.

I would go further to say a GOOD number of 'fans' including many on Owtb have my phone number and call or text me with questions.

This applies to many others on the trust, so I disagree that Trust Ditectors are not easily contactable or approachable !

I shall remember that when stopped on the way to the ground, in the ground, journey homes, Pub, Asda, Tesco, Manchester/ Liverpool Airport, Trafford Centre to name a few where myself, Mark, Simon, Barry, Diane, Mike and others are stopped and spoken too concerning club and trust matters.

I would go further to say a GOOD number of 'fans' including many on Owtb have my phone number and call or text me with questions.

This applies to many others on the trust, so I disagree that Trust Ditectors are not easily contactable or approachable !

Hey, Rich, I wasn't saying that isn't the case. I was merely pointing out that that's far more important that whether the fan on the street has seen a Trust director in the stands, or even knows what they look like.

And I know as well as anyone how approachable and accommodating you are personally.

Right I answered Yes to all 3 as I've met two trust directors, before they became such though, admittedly I don't know how much work Inspiral Carpet aka Jeff does for the trust these days. I know what Barry looks like- I had to look him up though and then spent the first game of the season amazed at how much time he spends on his phone not watching the game (I was sat in the front row behind the directors not too far from Wardle). So I have seen Barry and Wardle in the stands (in fact I saw Wardle in the stands against Millwall).

I would agree with Lees though the more pertinate question is about Barry as the odds are a lot of regular posters know someone who is on the trust board, and the Derek's original post was about how often Barry strays from the safety of the directors box. I've not been to too many away games this year but I don't recall seeing Barry in the stands (as opposed to the nice away directors box), I certainly don't recall Barry being seen in the Chaddy or in amongst the normal fans in the main stand. Maybe if Barry did this and got to experience leaving your seat at 3.15 to ensure you got a pie, not having a nice cup of soup to warm yourself up on or a lounge to go in out of the cold and depending on where you sit getting wet he can then talk about getting real.

In fact aside from Sheridan's World aka Simon (not that I've seen him in there) who on the trust board sits in a stand other than the main stand- where the facilities are better than the other two?