Super League XV

Who do we think the runners and riders will be?

My opinion

Leeds - Big strong pack, the genius and telepathic understanding of Burrow and Maguire, The strength of Leulai etc.. can't see any further than them tbh!

Saints - My boys, our first 17 is as good anything Leeds can put out. Injuries bit hard last year as did loss of form from the big players. Looking forward to seeing Soliola and Puletua together and young Kyle getting an extended run at 7. Pryce needs to step up to the plate imo, Fozzy back to give us more presence and it's a big year for Scott Moore after his tremendous year at Hudds - hopefully he'll take the pressure off KC.

Warrington - Forever the bridesmaids, but a squad full of skill and endeavour, can the Challenge Cup holders take that further step? Watch this space!

Wigan - Big season for them, they've pushed the boat out with their new Aussie coach and will look to hit the ground running. Again dark horses

Bradford - Last season was a bad year for the Yorkshiremen, can they up the ante? IMO no, another season of transition

My tips for the Play Offs (Top 8 in order)

Leeds

Wigan

Saints

Warrington

Huddersfield

Wakefield

Hull FC

Catalan

Wooden Spoon?

Castleford

Surprise Package

Crusaders - Noble is no mug and will have them prepared to ruffle some feathers, they may tail off but with no relegation threat I expect them to play with a freedom and to be right up there around the top 8.

Dark Horses to win at OT - Wigan

Saints? Lose in the elimination Semi-Final this time round but to win the Challenge Cup

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeds for Super League, Oldham for Championship One wooden spoon.

Being a sports fan in this town is awesome.

Are they going to be that crap this season? i follow them as much as i can and i went to games last season quite regular, just im a bit of a recent convert so have no real knowledge of how the game is played and who has a good game and what not. They seem to have had big clear outs in the past few seasons, one pretty much every season and always seem able to challenge.

As for super league i predict a leeds v wigan final with wigan to win!

Can't wait for the season the finish. My top three sports are Rugby League, Football and Boxing. Rugby League is easily the most entertaining of them all.

I think Saints may be a bit lost at the start of the season without Long's organisational skills and creativity but will setlle into a rythm late on.

Leeds have a very solid squad and will be there at the end of the season.

I would watch out for Warrington and Hull FC this season to break the stronghold.

I'm thinking that Wigoon might be the surprise package this year, Leeds will coast the league plate and the Grand Final, Crusaders might make the playoffs y'know...

The mighty Saints? I don't know, a season of inconsistency awaits although Kyle will be our shining light.

Have you seen our away kit this year?!?

Medicash%2026Jan%20(9).JPG

I'm thinking that Wigoon might be the surprise package this year, Leeds will coast the league plate and the Grand Final, Crusaders might make the playoffs y'know...

The mighty Saints? I don't know, a season of inconsistency awaits although Kyle will be our shining light.

Have you seen our away kit this year?!?

Medicash%2026Jan%20(9).JPG

Yeah, the wife pointed it out, I like it tbh but I not so sure about the home shirt and as I only bought the 2009 shirt at the back end of the season I think I might buy this one.

As for 2010 season, looks like we agree! Looking forward to seeing Soliola next week! I'm hoping its a game tonight and not a walkover!

Not a bad kit that.

Couldn't believe the snow at last nights games. A sell out crowd though can only be good for Rugby League.

Hope the Wrexham branch has a bit more luck than the Bridgend one. Should be decenbt for away fans with Warrington, Wigan etc just the other side of Chester.

Danny McGuire looked pretty class last night. Jamie Peacock - rested? What is that all about? Tough off-season?

Not a bad kit that.

Couldn't believe the snow at last nights games. A sell out crowd though can only be good for Rugby League.

Hope the Wrexham branch has a bit more luck than the Bridgend one. Should be decenbt for away fans with Warrington, Wigan etc just the other side of Chester.

Danny McGuire looked pretty class last night. Jamie Peacock - rested? What is that all about? Tough off-season?

Taking it easy until the world club challenge, they need him to smash Melbourne four weeks from now. Leeds will do what they need to do until then and will not over exert, they were pretty lucky last night imo, talk about getting the bounce of the ball - McGuire though is quality, though Buderas had a good return too.

wasn't convinced that Potter was the right man for the job after last season. wasn't convinced after his virtual hibernation in the close season. definitely not convinced after tonight. Trying to play defensively,which isn't how Saints have ever played, and failing miserably at it.

wasn't convinced that Potter was the right man for the job after last season. wasn't convinced after his virtual hibernation in the close season. definitely not convinced after tonight. Trying to play defensively,which isn't how Saints have ever played, and failing miserably at it.

Bratfurd (A)

Catalans (A)

Wakey (H)

Anything less than 2 out of three and he'll go I reckon, it isn't just a bad start to the season (losing finalists or not) we've been :censored:e for nearly a year and haven't scored more than 16 points since July! That is woeful given the talent at our disposal. Scully with an old head for me!

• 2 weeks later...

Saints v Bradford highlights (the actual highlights start 1.10 in, i don't know why they've stuck an advert for Manchester Phoenix at the start)

Pity we can't play Bradford every week, it doesn't half make a difference when Pryce can be arsed. Superb try by Eastmond, takes his team mates 10 minutes to catch up with him to celebrate it. :grin:

OAFCMIKE, do you follow Oldham?

We have a good young side, for once we have young Oldham lads who WANT to play for this town. It was a good effort to get a bonus point away at Leigh and Rochdale was a scrappy game but they got the 3 points. I thought both teams didn't look great at Hunslet on Sunday, some bad defence allowed them a couple of tries to win it near the end.

• 2 weeks later...
Forgot to post this up, outstanding game at Odsal yesterday - once Wigoon had the ball near the end it should've been up the jumper time. Great try from Glenn Hall.

watched it this morning ... what a cracker. Tonights ... well thats another story, but Gaints looking good. Fear for the Quins at the moment.... to many of their best players out at present! They should never loose there super league place though, having a London club in the top flight is worth its weight in gold to the progression of this great sport.

whilst we are talking about the Quins .... thought I'd big myself up :wink:

http://www.league.quins.co.uk/news/11209.php