Super League XV

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, brutal - better than some boxing matches I've watched over the years! Gutted Perry had been dropped!

Wigan 24 Saints 26

What a game! Brutal! Awesome performance from our young boys and our old men!

On the subject of brutal special mention for the Posh Egg Chasers winning Down Under yesterday lunch-time - simply superb chaps!

Only saw the last 10 minutes of the match. Obviously that was more than enough time to be provoked into shouting "f**k off Stevo you t**t" several times. They made bloody hard work of it - i think Potter's been to the Dave Penney School of HT Team Talks. Still, job's a good'un. Thank Christ for Wellens.

Only saw the last 10 minutes of the match. Obviously that was more than enough time to be provoked into shouting "f**k off Stevo you t**t" several times. They made bloody hard work of it - i think Potter's been to the Dave Penney School of HT Team Talks. Still, job's a good'un. Thank Christ for Wellens.

Repeated on SS2 at 11pm & SS1 at 2am

Paul Wellens post-match "...I've been watching the World Cup and some of those players are stealing a living...!" Spot on mate, awesome today!

Will our Iraqi friends be streaming it online?

No idea but as usual the BBC have shown the SL Show too early! Tries will be on SSN after 9pm when that twonk Offiah does his SL Round-Up should be worth watching simply to see Leeds' dicking at Home to crusaders!

No idea but as usual the BBC have shown the SL Show too early! Tries will be on SSN after 9pm when that twonk Offiah does his SL Round-Up should be worth watching simply to see Leeds' dicking at Home to crusaders!

:lol: Nice one, thanks for the heads-up. It's been a rather pleasant weekend all round, hasn't it? (if you count the weekend as starting on Saturday morning)

• 2 weeks later...
:lol: Nice one, thanks for the heads-up. It's been a rather pleasant weekend all round, hasn't it? (if you count the weekend as starting on Saturday morning)

What a disgraceful decision that was by video ref Alibert, I called it as a knock-on in live play. So how the hell does he not call it after seeing it from 27 angles?? He really is a pisspoor referee the same with Silverwood. Yet again Bailey the big hunk of :censored: nobbles our players and gets away with it. It really is time the RL refs are taken to task. It's not only Saints they've been pisspoor for years despite the benefit of the extr-technoology! And why do Sky love Leeds so much? And why do Leeds have the RFL in their pockets???

Still fuming this morning! :ranting:

What a disgraceful decision that was by video ref Alibert, I called it as a knock-on in live play. So how the hell does he not call it after seeing it from 27 angles??

It's called benifit of doubt, which should go to the attcking team ... you really couldn't prove he did knock it on!

I'd be more worried how poor saints were when Pryce went off ....... Pryce :lol:

It's called benifit of doubt, which should go to the attcking team ... you really couldn't prove he did knock it on!

I'd be more worried how poor saints were when Pryce went off ....... Pryce :lol:

Mark, there's benefit of the doubt and benefit of the doubt - that was incompetetance. I've just watched it again. when Bailey offloads the ball is flat, it bounces and is still flat - it then brushes Maguires thumb and starts to spin. He knocked on, ever so slightly but it is clear to see. Alibert's seen what we have. To hide behind benefit of doubt is pisspor refereeing from a guy who consistently referees game whilst not even looking at what is going on. next time you see him reffing watch him and you'll realise what i'm on about!

As for Pryce he's been better this season, but for a team ravaged by injury again we're doing well given the number of kids and old men we have. Bailey will be a marked man in the Semi-Final and we'll see just how awesome he is when Soliola (if he ever turns out) and Perry line up next season. Jammer's a good prop but lacks real agrression. We'll be a 'big' force again next season. Oh and I thought we missed Puletua yesterday. Yet again because of injuries to our front-rowers we're trying to play out a season with a limited team, I think we'll come up short again but it won't be for the want of trying.

• 2 weeks later...
Scully with an old head for me!

Saw him in the bar at the ground today after the match (he was helping out with the exhibition of the plans for the new ground). Sadly he isn't taking over. My brother-in-law asked him about half a dozen times: "Scully, are you taking over as coach, mate?" "No,it's not me." "Go on, you'd be dead good at it." "No, mate, i've happy with what i'm doing at the moment." "Go on, you know you want to" "no, mate, i'm not taking it." "Go on, you know you'd love to do it." "er, i have to go and talk to these other people now but nice taking to you mate...."

The plans for the new ground look pretty impressive - maybe i'm being over optimistic but it kind of looks like a smaller scale Old Trafford. Fair play to Saints for holding out until they could push through the plans they actually wanted rather than panicking and scaling them back to rush it through. It's amazing what you can do when you've got a supportive local council. :(

And i don't like the new Saints badge. Looks a bit too much like Leeds Utd for my liking.

Saw him in the bar at the ground today after the match (he was helping out with the exhibition of the plans for the new ground). Sadly he isn't taking over. My brother-in-law asked him about half a dozen times: "Scully, are you taking over as coach, mate?" "No,it's not me." "Go on, you'd be dead good at it." "No, mate, i've happy with what i'm doing at the moment." "Go on, you know you want to" "no, mate, i'm not taking it." "Go on, you know you'd love to do it." "er, i have to go and talk to these other people now but nice taking to you mate...."

The plans for the new ground look pretty impressive - maybe i'm being over optimistic but it kind of looks like a smaller scale Old Trafford. Fair play to Saints for holding out until they could push through the plans they actually wanted rather than panicking and scaling them back to rush it through. It's amazing what you can do when you've got a supportive local council. :(

And i don't like the new Saints badge. Looks a bit too much like Leeds Utd for my liking.

Royce Simmonds confirmed as new HC with KC having a coaching/Fitness/Conditioning role. Being linked with a few tasty players in addition to the confirmed signing of Josh Perry. We're now being linked with Luke Bailey, Michael Shenton and Louis McCarthy Scarsbrook although I reckon we'll be waving cheerio to Jammer this Autumn and Maurie's going to Harlequins too.

Royce Simmonds confirmed as new HC with KC having a coaching/Fitness/Conditioning role. Being linked with a few tasty players in addition to the confirmed signing of Josh Perry. We're now being linked with Luke Bailey, Michael Shenton and Louis McCarthy Scarsbrook although I reckon we'll be waving cheerio to Jammer this Autumn and Maurie's going to Harlequins too.

Cunningham fitness coach. The blokes huge :lol:

Graham is vastly overrated too. He can do some good stuff but concentrates on passing the ball to his left rather than taking up the ball like a real forward. Not a patch on Peacock or Morley.

Shame really looked like he had a lot of potential.

38131_415892791605_505611605_5231419_1835604_n.jpg

..... me playing for London Masters (against the Australian Masters) with Stevo on Tuesday!! Boy as he still got it, he put me through 3 times with ease.

Still laughing at the fact I'm a 'master' though I'm still playing for two clubs competatively. Great comp though and getting really popular ovr here now, the Aussies had 5 guys over 60 playing.

38131_415892791605_505611605_5231419_1835604_n.jpg

..... me playing for London Masters (against the Australian Masters) with Stevo on Tuesday!! Boy as he still got it, he put me through 3 times with ease.

Still laughing at the fact I'm a 'master' though I'm still playing for two clubs competatively. Great comp though and getting really popular ovr here now, the Aussies had 5 guys over 60 playing.

FOOOOOOORRRRRRWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDD!

• 4 weeks later...

That melée between Wigan and Warrington last night was awesome. None of your poncey handbags like at the football. It was like watching 15 heavyweight boxers fighting over an all you can eat steakhouse voucher. Hilarious!

That melée between Wigan and Warrington last night was awesome. None of your poncey handbags like at the football. It was like watching 15 heavyweight boxers fighting over an all you can eat steakhouse voucher. Hilarious!

Very enjoyable, I think Hudds knew what they were doing though. The Goons lost all momentum after that and well done in nicking the win to the Giants. Said all along that Wigan may well win the shield but choke in the Play Offs, probably at OT v Saints or Leeds...

I meant Huddersfield. Thanks for not pointing out my error and making me look a pillock. Oh hang on! Doh!

Was a dirty move by Mason. Be he is a pro at cheap shots. Carney did well to spot it.

I'm off to Wembley next week. Can't wait. Should be a belter. Leeds are without Peacock and Burgess though which might leave them a little light.

• 3 weeks later...
Was a dirty move by Mason. Be he is a pro at cheap shots. Carney did well to spot it.

I'm off to Wembley next week. Can't wait. Should be a belter. Leeds are without Peacock and Burgess though which might leave them a little light.

Two more cracking games last night, whilst I don't condone what Radford did, it was never a red card and it's always nice to see that big lump of :censored: Bailey take a pasting. Thought Hull did really well but two moments of magic from Maguire nicked it for Dirrrtttyyy Leeds.

As for Saints, it was a strange atmosphere at Knowsley Road, it was the last league game there but we've two more home games yet in the Play Offs, and fair play to Castleford who were desperately unlucky not to nick the game after bringing it back to 30-30 with only 3 minutes remaining, but what an amazing finish and it just had to be Keiran Cunningham bulldozing his way over to ensure us nicking second. He'll be sorely missed next year.

And despite being funded (allegedly the RFL funding the Wrexham move and Noble's contract) in a dubious way, well done to Crusaders and Noble in reaching the Play Offs. I did tip them after their narrow defeat v Leeds on the opening night, wish I'd stuck a tenner on them now!

Wigan v Saints Final for me...too close to call but wigan have proved if you get in their faces as Huddersfield proved they don't like it and it knocks them off their free-flowing game. Would love to see Kieran lifting the Super League trophy at Old Trafford on October 2nd.

Edited by oafcprozac

Two more cracking games last night, whilst I don't condone what Radford did, it was never a red card and it's always nice to see that big lump of :censored: Bailey take a pasting. Thought Hull did really well but two moments of magic from Maguire nicked it for Dirrrtttyyy Leeds.

As for Saints, it was a strange atmosphere at Knowsley Road, it was the last league game there but we've two more home games yet in the Play Offs, and fair play to Castleford who were desperately unlucky not to nick the game after bringing it back to 30-30 with only 3 minutes remaining, but what an amazing finish and it just had to be Keiran Cunningham bulldozing his way over to ensure us nicking second. He'll be sorely missed next year.

And despite being funded (allegedly the RFL funding the Wrexham move and Noble's contract) in a dubious way, well done to Crusaders and Noble in reaching the Play Offs. I did tip them after their narrow defeat v Leeds on the opening night, wish I'd stuck a tenner on them now!

Wigan v Saints Final for me...too close to call but wigan have proved if you get in their faces as Huddersfield proved they don't like it and it knocks them off their free-flowing game. Would love to see Kieran lifting the Super League trophy at Old Trafford on October 2nd.

Leeds were poor yesterday as were Saints. Hopefully both pick up some form or Wigan will win the league at a canter.

Bailey is a genius at winning penalties. Also a hard bastard. I'd love to see Radford and Bailey go toe to toe minus the cheap shots. Would be a royal rumble. Which is secretly what every RL fan wants to see.

Saints write quite a script, don't they? Nice to see they can beat Warrington in the dying seconds even when they're not playing them. :wink:

Not sure Hull FC v Hull KR at 6pm on a Saturday night is the best idea - there'll be murder at/after the game. Hopefully Wigan's habit of bottling it and throwing games away under pressure will continue in the playoffs. I can see Leeds nicking it even after the crap season they've had, don't know why.