Super League XV

Leeds were poor yesterday as were Saints. Hopefully both pick up some form or Wigan will win the league at a canter.

Bailey is a genius at winning penalties. Also a hard bastard. I'd love to see Radford and Bailey go toe to toe minus the cheap shots. Would be a royal rumble. Which is secretly what every RL fan wants to see.

If you think Ryan Bailey is hard bastard - watch how many punch ups he runs away from. He no big Barry that's for sure he's just a complete lump of :censored: that has no Rugby League brain at all. Time and time again he only gets involved once players are being held back. The guy's a :censored:-house.

If you were referring to Peacock then fair enough, but Bailey LMAO! :grin: Can't wait to see Josh Perry and Peacock start round two next season...looking forward to seeing Willie Mason over here too!

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saints write quite a script, don't they? Nice to see they can beat Warrington in the dying seconds even when they're not playing them. :wink:

Not sure Hull FC v Hull KR at 6pm on a Saturday night is the best idea - there'll be murder at/after the game. Hopefully Wigan's habit of bottling it and throwing games away under pressure will continue in the playoffs. I can see Leeds nicking it even after the crap season they've had, don't know why.

Leeds are weak up top Rosa, with the injuries they have suffered to Peacock and Burgess and it showed in them struggling to beat 12 man Hull. As usual Maguire is their talisman and in the form of his life at the moment. Stop him, Leeds have nothing, they are over-relying on the wings at the moment. I agree about Wigan. I genuinely can't see Saints winning it but if we get to Old Trafford who knows. Had a sneaky feeling for Warrington all season. Leeds won't make OT imo. I think Wigan will smash them on Saturday only for the goons to blow the final. Our main worry is 'glass-fibre' Kyle and Jonny Lomax again being injured - who was tremendous on Saturday and with no ETA for the return of Leon we are looking decidedly average and short of numbers in the centre.

Special mention for Gardner, his take of that short kick off was superb, which suggests why does he drop so many under less pressure?

If you think Ryan Bailey is hard bastard - watch how many punch ups he runs away from. He no big Barry that's for sure he's just a complete lump of :censored: that has no Rugby League brain at all. Time and time again he only gets involved once players are being held back. The guy's a :censored:-house.

If you were referring to Peacock then fair enough, but Bailey LMAO! :grin: Can't wait to see Josh Perry and Peacock start round two next season...looking forward to seeing Willie Mason over here too!

I've seen Bailey have a good few scraps and never come off second best. Also saw him sticking up for a lad who had been badly assaulted in a club in Leeds by a gang of lads who'd got a bit mixed up on booze and steroids and drop three of them.

Ps No one is, has been or ever will be as hard as Barry McDermot (except maybe Brian McDermott).

Mason is always entertaining. Just ridiculously stupid. I wonder if Fielden is still smarting and will fancy getting his own back or trying to.

I've seen Bailey have a good few scraps and never come off second best. Also saw him sticking up for a lad who had been badly assaulted in a club in Leeds by a gang of lads who'd got a bit mixed up on booze and steroids and drop three of them.

Ps No one is, has been or ever will be as hard as Barry McDermot (except maybe Brian McDermott).

Mason is always entertaining. Just ridiculously stupid. I wonder if Fielden is still smarting and will fancy getting his own back or trying to.

Fielden's shot at mate, too many games whilst he was growing. Graham will be the same in a couple of years. Yeah, Fielden dropped like a sack of :censored: when Mason caught him, looked like he hardly touched him but it was right on the sweet spot! It'll be carnage next year with Perry, Soliola (hopefully), Mason and the new lads Wigan are bringing in. Hope Leeds have summat up their sleeves 'cos they're likely to get a lot of slaps next year and Peacock is increasingly injury prone.

Size of Bailey, he should be awesome, but he isn't. Most RL fans i've spoken too thoroughly enjoyed Radford's (sneaky) assault on him. And if Bailey's all they've got going into the Play-Offs its not their year.

I'd love to see Maurie get him back for the shoulder/elbow in the face last season but he's a marked man whenever we play Leeds, there's real bad 'blood' there

Fielden's shot at mate, too many games whilst he was growing. Graham will be the same in a couple of years. Yeah, Fielden dropped like a sack of :censored: when Mason caught him, looked like he hardly touched him but it was right on the sweet spot! It'll be carnage next year with Perry, Soliola (hopefully), Mason and the new lads Wigan are bringing in. Hope Leeds have summat up their sleeves 'cos they're likely to get a lot of slaps next year and Peacock is increasingly injury prone.

Size of Bailey, he should be awesome, but he isn't. Most RL fans i've spoken too thoroughly enjoyed Radford's (sneaky) assault on him. And if Bailey's all they've got going into the Play-Offs its not their year.

I'd love to see Maurie get him back for the shoulder/elbow in the face last season but he's a marked man whenever we play Leeds, there's real bad 'blood' there

Furthermore RE Bailey. His dad is one of the hardest men around.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news...-gun.6291723.jp

Check the video, much fun.

I think Leeds will struggle without Peacock. Bailey and Leuleuai are solid but the bench is weak. Was interesting to see them chuck Senior into the pack.

I think the league is Wigan's to lose now. They've been playing well all season and managed to keep everyone fit. Warrington will be strong coming into the play-offs too. Any out of the top three for me but Wigan, Warrington, St Helens being the order of play.

Furthermore RE Bailey. His dad is one of the hardest men around.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news...-gun.6291723.jp

Check the video, much fun.

I think Leeds will struggle without Peacock. Bailey and Leuleuai are solid but the bench is weak. Was interesting to see them chuck Senior into the pack.

I think the league is Wigan's to lose now. They've been playing well all season and managed to keep everyone fit. Warrington will be strong coming into the play-offs too. Any out of the top three for me but Wigan, Warrington, St Helens being the order of play.

Yeah seen that about Bailey's dad, serves the scumbag right - well done Bailey snr...

Poor Warrington. They must really, really hate Saints.... :grin: Didn't watch the game (listened to the radio commentary), was Matty Smith as impressive as they were saying? Apparently he donated his MOTM money from Sky to the hospital i work at. I look forward to our chief exec seizing the photo opportunity then putting the money towards painting the corridors purple as part of our corporate rebranding.

Still, you can always rely on radio commentators for pearls of wisdom like "Soliola always looks overweight, don't you think?" Always? He's played 4 games all season....

Poor Warrington. They must really, really hate Saints.... :grin: Didn't watch the game (listened to the radio commentary), was Matty Smith as impressive as they were saying? Apparently he donated his MOTM money from Sky to the hospital i work at. I look forward to our chief exec seizing the photo opportunity then putting the money towards painting the corridors purple as part of our corporate rebranding.

Still, you can always rely on radio commentators for pearls of wisdom like "Soliola always looks overweight, don't you think?" Always? He's played 4 games all season....

Smith controlled the game, reminded me of Seany Boy in his pomp. We basically smashed them down the middle for 80 minutes, First 10 minutes was worrying with two carbon copy tries from King, after that he didn't get a look-in. Graham started poorly and seemed more interested in arguing - he sorted himself out and put his usual shift in. Wire had no answer for the power of TP, Soliola, Hargreaves, Clough and Cunningham. Young Foster was superb again and Wellens did what Wellens does. Bridge was impressive for them butI have never seen a SL team drop the ball as often at Wire did last night.

But take a bow Matty Smith, his kicking was superb from his goal-kicking accuracy to a radar like sublime 40/20. Why are we getting rid of this lad again? He controlled the game far better than young Kyle has in ANY game over the last two years. Matty learnt from the master and given the quality Salford have signed I think they'll be a force next year.

Can't afford Peterborough so i'm looking forward to the two games this afternoon and the bash up between Wigan and Leeds tomorrow....might even go and watch Oldham tomorrow v York in their PO Semi...after I've watched the Boy smash up Langworthy Reds U12's

Who do we think the runners and riders will be?

My opinion

Leeds - Big strong pack, the genius and telepathic understanding of Burrow and Maguire, The strength of Leulai etc.. can't see any further than them tbh!

Saints - My boys, our first 17 is as good anything Leeds can put out. Injuries bit hard last year as did loss of form from the big players. Looking forward to seeing Soliola and Puletua together and young Kyle getting an extended run at 7. Pryce needs to step up to the plate imo, Fozzy back to give us more presence and it's a big year for Scott Moore after his tremendous year at Hudds - hopefully he'll take the pressure off KC.

Warrington - Forever the bridesmaids, but a squad full of skill and endeavour, can the Challenge Cup holders take that further step? Watch this space!

Wigan - Big season for them, they've pushed the boat out with their new Aussie coach and will look to hit the ground running. Again dark horses

Bradford - Last season was a bad year for the Yorkshiremen, can they up the ante? IMO no, another season of transition

My tips for the Play Offs (Top 8 in order)

Leeds

Wigan

Saints

Warrington

Huddersfield

Wakefield

Hull FC

Catalan

Wooden Spoon?

Castleford

Surprise Package

Crusaders - Noble is no mug and will have them prepared to ruffle some feathers, they may tail off but with no relegation threat I expect them to play with a freedom and to be right up there around the top 8. :grin:

Dark Horses to win at OT - Wigan

Saints? Lose in the elimination Semi-Final this time round but to win the Challenge Cup

I'm telling you, Wigan will choke and Leeds will defy all sense to nick it. (I'll be very happy to be half-wrong on this)

So now Saints get to pick who they play in the last ever game at Knowsley Road. It's a tricky one, isn't it? Do you go for the 'easiest' game or do you let your sense of occasion get the better of you and go for Wigan (assuming they make it that far)?

I'm telling you, Wigan will choke and Leeds will defy all sense to nick it. (I'll be very happy to be half-wrong on this)

So now Saints get to pick who they play in the last ever game at Knowsley Road. It's a tricky one, isn't it? Do you go for the 'easiest' game or do you let your sense of occasion get the better of you and go for Wigan (assuming they make it that far)?

Maguire out for the season, so that may have a bearing in Leeds' progress as he has been superb for them. I'd pick Wire/Hull KR save the Goons for the final - if they get there, looks like Richards has lost his mojo from last nights showing.

• 2 weeks later...
Kind of fitting that Cunningham scored the last ever try at Knowsley Road....does anyone know if any of the pubs near BP are going to be showing the Grand Final?

Just booked our tickets (the wife's a Wigan fan) Wife's picking me up at 4.45 from BP- then straight down to Scum Trafford - come on Saints, didn't give us a hope in hell this year but Potter has surprised me at times and he must take credit for the kids coming through, although he nearly blew it by shoe-horning Kyle back into the starting line-up. I thought Wellens was immense!

Just booked our tickets (the wife's a Wigan fan) Wife's picking me up at 4.45 from BP- then straight down to Scum Trafford - come on Saints, didn't give us a hope in hell this year but Potter has surprised me at times and he must take credit for the kids coming through, although he nearly blew it by shoe-horning Kyle back into the starting line-up. I thought Wellens was immense!

Me and two other tics ar making a mad dash from the BP too to get to old traffod, wonder how many more there is? ha

Me and two other tics ar making a mad dash from the BP too to get to old traffod, wonder how many more there is? ha

Saints v The Goons - what a Grand Final that will be!!! Can't wait and even if we lose at least Dirty Scummy Cheating Leeds haven't got there!

V

Edited by oafcprozac

Absolutely awful news about Terry Newton. I'm not going to be a hypocrite and pretend that i liked him but no-one deserves that. Hopefully it'll be a minute's applause rather than a minute's silence at the grand final, there could be trouble otherwise.

Most places will have it on. Anywhere with sky really.

Richards - Man of Steel

Maguire - Coach of the Year

Tomkins - Young Player of the Year

Wigan - Club of the Year

Mostly agree, although I think young Foster at Saints has been as good as Tomkins if not better and less experienced

Richards - Man of Steel

Maguire - Coach of the Year

Tomkins - Young Player of the Year

Wigan - Club of the Year

Mostly agree, although I think young Foster at Saints has been as good as Tomkins if not better and less experienced

Wigan were the team this year. They took the league leaders shield with ease. Not sure about Richards as Man of Steel. He's a solid player and good kicker but to me that is his game. I'd like to have seen Morley win it or even someone from down the bottom in the mix. Chase at Castleford has been outstanding in a very average team all season, he has practically carried them on his own.

I don't rate Foster, he is another player who is just a great kicker but offers little else. Tomkins was the most untouchable player in the league this year.

I think Hull have brought through some great young players, Clarkson at Leeds has done well since coming in and there is a second row at Huddersfield who looks class but his name escapes me.

Weird how a Leeds player hasn't won the man of steel since Harris. Especially with them being four times champions.

Wigan were the team this year. They took the league leaders shield with ease. Not sure about Richards as Man of Steel. He's a solid player and good kicker but to me that is his game. I'd like to have seen Morley win it or even someone from down the bottom in the mix. Chase at Castleford has been outstanding in a very average team all season, he has practically carried them on his own.

I don't rate Foster, he is another player who is just a great kicker but offers little else. Tomkins was the most untouchable player in the league this year.

I think Hull have brought through some great young players, Clarkson at Leeds has done well since coming in and there is a second row at Huddersfield who looks class but his name escapes me.

Weird how a Leeds player hasn't won the man of steel since Harris. Especially with them being four times champions.

Can't wait for tonight - Fielden is gonna be Soliola's bitch! Let's hope Richards chokes again when the pressures on with his kicking an d we'll see just how good Tomkins really is. One thing's for sure nothing will be left in the dressing room from either side. And for once we have the best two teams in the final.

V

Well that was an utter f**king embarrassment. Thank f**k the Potter era's over, that's the only possible positive i can take from that game. Even Cunningham, desperate to not lose yet another Grand Final in his last ever game, couldn't turn that around. They never looked a threat all night. Obviously the best team - both tonight and over the course of the season - won, but i thought it would be a much tighter game than it was. Wigan really only had to play for the first 15 minutes to win that. It was horrible to watch.

Well that was an utter f**king embarrassment. Thank f**k the Potter era's over, that's the only possible positive i can take from that game. Even Cunningham, desperate to not lose yet another Grand Final in his last ever game, couldn't turn that around. They never looked a threat all night. Obviously the best team - both tonight and over the course of the season - won, but i thought it would be a much tighter game than it was. Wigan really only had to play for the first 15 minutes to win that. It was horrible to watch.

+ 1, Wigan worthy Champs - for us it's back to the drawing board. At least I got to see a big hit on Fielden from big Soliola. Meli had a mare in the opening 20 - that was game over! Even then with more patient passing and better handling we could have quite easily made a better fist of it. Gutted!