John Terry

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scratch2000uk

Just something to keep the story going Ackey, that's what i meant by it. :grin:

What business it is of theirs i do not know, just gutter press garbage again. <_<

b. Ashley Cole putting countless lives at risk by driving at over 100mph down a motorway?

If he was just driving his car fast, then I have little issue with it. I'd hazard a guess that many on this board have "done the ton" on the M62 between Ripponden and Milnrow and struggled to keep pace with the car in front.

If he was driving his car dangerously / carelessly / lethally, then you might have a point. If he was doing 100mph on a residential street I'd call him on it. If he was doing 100mph in ice or fog I'd call him on it.

Speed alone is rarely the cause of an accident. Speed combined with stupidity is.

Edited by opinions4u

If he was just driving his car fast, then I have little issue with it. I'd hazard a guess that many on this board have "done the ton" on the M62 between Ripponden and Milnrow and struggled to keep pace with the car in front.

If he was driving his car dangerously / carelessly / lethally, then you might have a point. If he was doing 100mph on a residential street I'd call him on it. If he was doing 100mph in ice or fog I'd call him on it.

Speed alone is rarely the cause of an accident. Speed combined with stupidity is.

I entirely agree with this- Speed doesn't kill, inappropriate speed does. Someone doing a 100mph in good conditions on a motorway is far less dangerous than the plonker doing 50 in the middle lane in the same conditions without any traffic about IMHO. But in some of the conditions we've had recently someone doing 50 is going too fast for the motorway. The 70mph speed limit is a relic from the 60s when the top speed of the average car of the day (the Cortina) was roughly 70mph, and the stopping distance was 98m (or 315 feet), I reckon every new car built today stops in much less than that at 70 and probably less than that at 80. Clarkson managed to stop a decent Mercedes doing 120 in less than that a few years ago. Incidentally I think Cashley was caught doing 103 in a 50 zone.

Yes Terry hasn't put any lives in danger and hasn't done anything illegal but would I want to work with someone who has slept with my recently departed ex and the mother of my child- no, I would have no qualms about working with someone who had been nicked and banned for speeding. Having said that it takes two to tango, and Bridge's ex doesn't sound like a nice person, not only does she sleep with a good mate of Bridge, but she also sleeps with a her good mate's husband, but who is going to win most out of this- her (Oh and her publicist the onerous cretin Max Clifford)

Yes Terry hasn't put any lives in danger and hasn't done anything illegal but would I want to work with someone who has slept with my recently departed ex...

I don't really get this.

If she'd have cheated on him, sure. But they were separated. Sure it's not easy, but at the end of the day she's entitled to sleep with whoever the hell she wants.

Anyone who's ever had a concentrated group of friends knows that over the years you usually end up sleeping with ex's friends and friends will sleep with your ex... it's a law of averages almost and I certainly hold no grudges towards any of my friends nor they to me.

I don't really get this.

If she'd have cheated on him, sure. But they were separated. Sure it's not easy, but at the end of the day she's entitled to sleep with whoever the hell she wants.

Anyone who's ever had a concentrated group of friends knows that over the years you usually end up sleeping with ex's friends and friends will sleep with your ex... it's a law of averages almost and I certainly hold no grudges towards any of my friends nor they to me.

I never had you down for a swinger. :grin:

Phew.... Ste, there was something I was meaning to tell you...

Terry hasn't put any lives in danger

I don't doubt that he has created a situation where Mrs Terry is now at risk of suffering depression, and the consequences of an unbalanced mind can lead to fatal consequences for others in similar circumstances, albeit in relatively small numbers.

Edited by opinions4u

When has he 'struggled' for England ?

When he let that silly excuse of a striker Helder Postiga....y'know the guy who couldn't buy a goal in the Premiership, beat him to a header which effectively sent us out of the Euro 2004. Had we won that match I think there's a strong possibility we'd have gone on to win it.

When he let that silly excuse of a striker Helder Postiga....y'know the guy who couldn't buy a goal in the Premiership, beat him to a header which effectively sent us out of the Euro 2004. Had we won that match I think there's a strong possibility we'd have gone on to win it.

Blimey, has he been flawless for 6 years?!!

I don't doubt that he has created a situation where Mrs Terry is now at risk of suffering depression, and the consequences of an unbalanced mind can lead to fatal consequences for others in similar circumstances, albeit in relatively small numbers.

Ok your point is slightly valid but I can think of 15 million (and 1 or 2) reasons why her risk of harming herself significantly is reduced.

I don't really get this.

Yep I see your point Ackey- friends often sleep with friends exs its the way life works. However, if you knew that a mate of yours had just slept with someone who had recently dumped you (without it being mutual) would you be happy and would you really want to work with them? All we know is that she is Bridge's ex-gf, we do not know when they spilt up, who did the spilting up and how mutual it was- until we do I can't blame Bridge for being upset

Yep I see your point Ackey- friends often sleep with friends exs its the way life works. However, if you knew that a mate of yours had just slept with someone who had recently dumped you (without it being mutual) would you be happy and would you really want to work with them? All we know is that she is Bridge's ex-gf, we do not know when they spilt up, who did the spilting up and how mutual it was- until we do I can't blame Bridge for being upset

I'm not saying you can't blame him for being upset - just that it's life.

If someone at your work slept with your recent ex it might upset you - but your employer couldn't change that persons role just because you're upset.

crapello has just phoned bridges to confirm terry has lost the england armband.

he also asked him if he could look under his bed to see if he left it there..

Bloody hell that's the third time this joke has come up on this thread, and it's still not funny!