DDay for Pompey

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pompey to get parachute payment early

:rant.sml:

I know 'football is only a game etc', but this made my blood f*****g boil :ranting:

Basically, the t**t that is Richard Scudamore wants all the premier league clubs to agree to the premier league advancing portsmouth their parachute payments so they can pay the taxman and at least fulfill their fixtures.

Knocks me sick to the stomach when the likes of Bournemouth, Rotherham, Palace, Saints, Stockport, had to take their 10 point penalty on the chin, and in some cases had an additional 15-20 point penalty imposed on them by the football league for failing to exit administration with a CVA. In a nutshell, getting frig all off the league.

Yet as soon as a premier league club is in trouble, the league want to bail them out effecitvely (as I predicted in a previous thread).

I really hope the likes of burnley, wolves, bolton, wigan, all of whom get similar crowds to Portsmouth and operate within their means (even if it means not winning much and keeping their heads barely above water in the prem) tell that c**t scudamore to go and get f****d

:ranting:

I know 'football is only a game etc', but this made my blood f*****g boil :ranting:

Basically, the t**t that is Richard Scudamore wants all the premier league clubs to agree to the premier league advancing portsmouth their parachute payments so they can pay the taxman and at least fulfill their fixtures.

Knocks me sick to the stomach when the likes of Bournemouth, Rotherham, Palace, Saints, Stockport, had to take their 10 point penalty on the chin, and in some cases had an additional 15-20 point penalty imposed on them by the football league for failing to exit administration with a CVA. In a nutshell, getting frig all off the league.

Yet as soon as a premier league club is in trouble, the league want to bail them out effecitvely (as I predicted in a previous thread).

I really hope the likes of burnley, wolves, bolton, wigan, all of whom get similar crowds to Portsmouth and operate within their means (even if it means not winning much and keeping their heads barely above water in the prem) tell that c**t scudamore to go and get f****d

one rule for them ,and one rule for us ,they (the big clubs/ football leaque don't give a :censored: if teams like stockport etc go under )but they are willing to help so called big clubs out

one rule for them ,and one rule for us ,they (the big clubs/ football leaque don't give a :censored: if teams like stockport etc go under )but they are willing to help so called big clubs out

So basically they're bailing them out but tbh it'll only be a stay of execution for them. They'll either be in exactly the same position next year or if having made the MASSIVE cuts needed to make them remotely anything like sustainable they'll be staring down the barrel of League One. The Premier League have acted deplorably, Instead of injecting money into Pompey they should be investigating just who the hell owns what at the club and whether any money pumped in would not simply be pocketed by a chain of at best very shady 'businessmen'. I still think they'll implode.

Edited by oafcprozac

So basically they're bailing them out but tbh it'll only be a stay of execution for them. They'll either be in exactly the same position next year or if having made the MASSIVE cuts needed to make them remotely anything like sustainable they'll be staring down the barrel of League One. The Premier League have acted deplorably, Instead of injecting money into Pompey they should be investigating just who the hell owns what at the club and whether any money pumped in would not simply be pocketed by a chain of at best very shady 'businessmen'. I still think they'll implode.

I fully agree with what Warnock said this morning. They will try to give them the £££ (assuming all PL clubs agree, which i dont think they will) early to get them through to the end of the season, they go down, no longer premier leagues problem. If they do that I would LOVE for them to stay up, to go through the same thing again next season, see if the PL do it twice

Gold, whose new club West Ham would sink to the bottom of a 19-team Premier League if Portsmouth folded, said: 'Anything that impacts on the integrity of the Premier League has to be addressed and if a club go bust, all the points are wiped out, giving an advantage to some clubs and a disadvantage to others.

'That can't be right. For that reason, you have an obligation to save a football club. "

What a stupid comment. Does it not compromise the integrity of the Premier League to set a dangerous precedent of spending millions bailing Portsmouth out, effectively rewarding them for mismanagement? Didn't Portsmouth gain an 'advantage' spending money they didn't have,putting clubs who have tried to live within their means at a 'disadvantage'?

Meanwhile things have got that desperate at Chester that their own fans have called for the FA to shut the club down and help them set up a new club. Maybe the FA'll give them £16m towards setting the new club up. I won't hold my breath waiting for that, though.

Scudamore is a :censored:house of the first order.What is going to happen next season when they take their overpaid crap down into the Championship? I thought that was what the parachute money was there for.

Now they're trying to sell players outside the window!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...uth/8522283.stm

Someone at FL level needs to organise the smaller clubs into a mass-protest towards this one rule for them, one for us mentality. It's getting ridiculous now!

No. We need to get in there immediately for David James.

Now they're trying to sell players outside the window!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...uth/8522283.stm

Someone at FL level needs to organise the smaller clubs into a mass-protest towards this one rule for them, one for us mentality. It's getting ridiculous now!

Even at PL level, as its not fair to their competitors, and the :censored: would hit the fan big time should the unlikely happen and they stay up.

I think their allowed to do this anyway arent they, only whoever they sell would not be able to play for their new club until after the next window.

I can see where this is going already though, due in court on march 1st. They will enter admin just before the case is heard on march 1st. Stinks of delay tactics.

They're playing an incredibly dangerous game if that's the case. Portsmouth's creditors know they have no chance of recovering all they are owed if the club goes into administration, so as you say are delaying that as far as they possibly can to try and get a recovery plan together. The trouble is, as the expert in that BBC article comments, administration is not an automatic choice, it may not even be granted.

So in order to try and get the full amount of their money back, those involved now risk liquidation and getting nothing.

Frankly, the more I read, the more I hope they are liquidated. Terrible for the fans I know, but many of them will back the non-league community club that would hopefully rise from the ashes.

They're playing an incredibly dangerous game if that's the case. Portsmouth's creditors know they have no chance of recovering all they are owed if the club goes into administration, so as you say are delaying that as far as they possibly can to try and get a recovery plan together. The trouble is, as the expert in that BBC article comments, administration is not an automatic choice, it may not even be granted.

So in order to try and get the full amount of their money back, those involved now risk liquidation and getting nothing.

Frankly, the more I read, the more I hope they are liquidated. Terrible for the fans I know, but many of them will back the non-league community club that would hopefully rise from the ashes.

Exactly, if it was ikkel oldham or stockport who went bust it would be a case of "awww what a shame, oh well moving on", but if pompey do go bust watch how fast these new rules on debt come through!!!!!

The guy who owns pompey will lose probably a big chunk of the £££ he lent the previous owner.

All the PL want to do is get them through the season, then they are the FL's problem

Are the Football League obliged to accept Pompey into the Championship next season? Over recent years they have been tough on clubs who enter administration and cannot meet certain guidelines. Ask Leeds, Luton etc. Stockport won't be in the League next season if they cannot solve their current problems!

Are the Football League obliged to accept Pompey into the Championship next season? Over recent years they have been tough on clubs who enter administration and cannot meet certain guidelines. Ask Leeds, Luton etc. Stockport won't be in the League next season if they cannot solve their current problems!

Didnt they give leeds the option to start in league 2 on zero or start in league 1 on -15