DDay for Pompey

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't. I feel sorry for the creditors who are about to lose large sums of money. Then some rich fella will come and buy them and have no-where near the debt he should have.

Especially the smaller creditors/local businesses.

Tahts why i hope the FL throw the f*****g book at them. As macca said, I don't think the FL necessarily have to accept them. I'm sure they will first have to convince the FL they are able to fulfill their fixtures

I watched the interview live with the Administrator this afternoon. Sounds like the key thing he is going to try and achieve in the short term is to get short term capital, the two main two methods he was trying both require the PL to breach it's own rules, either letting them sell players outside the window and/or advancing them the parachute money. He also said he is going to try to get them to waive the 9 points, although he seemed to accept that it wasn't going to happen.

It seems the Revenue account for about 20% of the debt so it could just be possible for them to pay the footballing debts and if they can persuade everyone else to accept 5 magic beans in the pound for a CVA through over their objections. If I understand it right the taxman isn't going to accept a smaller cut than anyone else but IIRC you need to get 70% of the debt value to sign up for the deal and it goes through.

Listening to talkSport on the way home from work you'd have thought that Portsmouth were the first club ever to go into administration. I don't understand why they should be treated any differently from every other team that has got into trouble financially. The calls for the 9 point penalty to be overturned are ridiculous. Could you imagine how many other teams would have a legal case regarding points deductions in this and previous seasons if that was accepted?

Portsmouth going into admin is clearly big news but Chester being kicked out of the Conference today should be bigger.

Listening to talkSport on the way home from work you'd have thought that Portsmouth were the first club ever to go into administration. I don't understand why they should be treated any differently from every other team that has got into trouble financially. The calls for the 9 point penalty to be overturned are ridiculous. Could you imagine how many other teams would have a legal case regarding points deductions in this and previous seasons if that was accepted?

Portsmouth going into admin is clearly big news but Chester being kicked out of the Conference today should be bigger.

Shocking isn't it?

Pompy headlines all over the show for a 9pt deduction. Chester out of the league all together is the 5th story on the BBC site behind the ground-breaking news that Spurs have a bit of a flu problem.

Disgusting.

Shocking isn't it?

Pompy headlines all over the show for a 9pt deduction. Chester out of the league all together is the 5th story on the BBC site behind the ground-breaking news that Spurs have a bit of a flu problem.

Disgusting.

The Chester fans wanted it! They'd rather that and them starting again than carrying on with their current chairman, who I don't think would be welcome to come home and sleep with many of their daughters/wives.

In context:

"That [Chester's expulsion] was over an unpaid tax bill of £26,125 owed to HM Revenue & Customs, for which City were handed a six-week adjournment on 27 January."

Or, less than a weeks wages for about 99% of the Pompy first team - which was paid yesterday!!

I can't express how angry this makes me.

In context:

"That [Chester's expulsion] was over an unpaid tax bill of £26,125 owed to HM Revenue & Customs, for which City were handed a six-week adjournment on 27 January."

Or, less than a weeks wages for about 99% of the Pompy first team - which was paid yesterday!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...on-1912132.html

This will make you even angrier

I can't see them going bust now...if the administrator can find the funds to keep them going until the end of the season.

The will still have £££ from the FA cup coming through, as well as two guaranteed parachute payments and player sales, that will virtually half their debt, as well as a fair bit of TV money for next season. However, I think their wage budget and outgoings will be brought into line with their income, hence would not rule them out of dropping to our league in a few years time.

They will also need to sort a CVA out in order to avoid being hit by a further 15 points deduction.

Even at PL level, as its not fair to their competitors, and the :censored: would hit the fan big time should the unlikely happen and they stay up.

I think their allowed to do this anyway arent they, only whoever they sell would not be able to play for their new club until after the next window.

I can see where this is going already though, due in court on march 1st. They will enter admin just before the case is heard on march 1st. Stinks of delay tactics.

Don't mean to come across as a smug bastard but I was wrong

Hope HMRC take em to the cleaners.

I wonder what the grounds are though that HMRC are challenging the administration, as pompey seem confident they have done everything by the book

Reading between lines in the BBC forums, HMRC want to prevent administration on the basis that people within Pompey have been doing illegal things (Such as not paying tax) and the club being in admin prevents them from having a 100% open view of the accounts. Or something along those lines.

Reading between lines in the BBC forums, HMRC want to prevent administration on the basis that people within Pompey have been doing illegal things (Such as not paying tax) and the club being in admin prevents them from having a 100% open view of the accounts. Or something along those lines.

Thats what I read too, although if they win what would happen, would pompey be wound up or would a new date be set for the winding up order?

I just posted on there (not been approved yet) putting a saints fan rite bleating about "the FL should have let us have our penalty last season but decided to hang it over"

Shocking isn't it?

Disgusting.

In context:

Me too. I'm preaching to the converted, but this demontrates the attitude that has totally alienated me from Premiership football and now the national team too. I have nothing but absolute disdain (in football terms) for all Premiership fans. They're sheep who have completely lost touch of what football is meant to be about - it has become something akin to Celebrity X Jungle for men. It's crass. It's all good and well pointing out how high the standard has become (except of course for all those who invariably line up 4-5-1 in attempt to to make themselves hard to beat to avoid the drop and likely financial implosion) but even good football gets boring. It's the passion and the soul that made football so popular and that, for me, has all but gone. Money money money.

I can no longer bring myself to support the national team as I borderline hate most of the players and the manager is :censored: Italian. Eh? Why is that even allowed, let alone prefered? I've gone from being a tosser who embarrases himself by throwing a pint pot at the pub TV screen as the decisive penalty is missed to someone who would take gleeful delight in us flopping magnificently. I think my support ended when we failed to qualify for Euro 2008 - we had all the numpties squarely blaming McLaren with complete disregard for the fact that our players are vastly over-rated, probably as a result of Sky pundits over-hyping them. Why do they over-hype them? Could it be that they are promoting their employers product? At the same time, the same people were bleating about how strong English football is whilst pointing to the all 'English' Champions League final. :petesake: It's not an English league - it's an international league hosted in England.

Last but not least, I'm too bitter to be able to handle the millions of knobhead Premiership fans and the millions more hangers on parading the streets should we fluke the World Cup. They don't deserve it. Even more so, the last thing someone of my position wants is for English football to gain anymore popularity or stature.

All I want is for it to all implode, big time. Now.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

Me too. I'm preaching to the converted, but this demontrates the attitude that has totally alienated me from Premiership football and now the national team too. I have nothing but absolute disdain (in football terms) for all Premiership fans. They're sheep who have completely lost touch of what football is meant to be about - it has become something akin to Celebrity X Jungle for men. It's crass. It's all good and well pointing out how high the standard has become (except of course for all those who invariably line up 4-5-1 in attempt to to make themselves hard to beat to avoid the drop and likely financial implosion) but even good football gets boring. It's the passion and the soul that made football so popular and that, for me, has all but gone. Money money money.

I can no longer bring myself to support the national team as I borderline hate most of the players and the manager is :censored: Italian. Eh? Why is that even allowed, let alone prefered? I've gone from being a tosser who embarrases himself by throwing a pint pot at the pub TV screen as the decisive penalty is missed to someone who would take gleeful delight in us flopping magnificently. I think my support ended when we failed to qualify for Euro 2008 - we had all the numpties squarely blaming McLaren with complete disregard for the fact that our players are vastly over-rated, probably as a result of Sky pundits over-hyping them. Why do they over-hype them? Could it be that they are promoting their employers product? At the same time, the same people were bleating about how strong English football is whilst pointing to the all 'English' Champions League final. :petesake: It's not an English league - it's an international league hosted in England.

Last but not least, I'm too bitter to be able to handle the millions of knobhead Premiership fans and the millions more hangers on parading the streets should we fluke the World Cup. They don't deserve it. Even more so, the last thing someone of my position wants is for English football to gain anymore popularity or stature.

All I want is for it to all implode, big time. Now.

Was said many o times on here re most PL fans that they are not football fans, football is just their favourite TV programme.

Can't remember which member posted it but they hit the nail right on the head

Portsmouth have until the end of March to find 7M..

So HMRC were successful, Pompey will not be docked 9pts now, but do need to find 7M before the end of March and and another 7M before the end of the season. Now I'm sure I read somewhere that they needed 22-23M just to operate for the rest of this season? I'm guessing the 14M is for the taxman alone.

Back to court again on the 12th.