• Deane Smalley
    • Dean Furman
    • Dale Stephens
    • Chris Taylor
    • Pawel Abbott
    • Jason Price
    • Danny Whitaker
    • Joe Colbeck

dont think anyone had a particularly bad game apart from maybe smalley, i'll give it dale stephens, solid.

on a side note the stick smalley gets is unbelievable at times, i even heard shouts of go and effin die dean, unbelievable.

Jim Goodwin for me...may not have the legs but has a bit of bite and put quite a few accurate passes to Abbot on the edge of the box to get us within a whisker of goal.

Keep it up Jim....stephens great game too and I would love us to Keep Mr Price for the remainder of the season. Negotiate Penney Please...

furmans best performance for the club today. got forward lokked good on the ball had a few good efforts him and dale controlled things. dale is a close second and these two are forming a nice partnership in there bodes well for next season. price and jacobsen were the other two who stood out both very good would like us to keep price for the season and beyond.

p.s. brill deservers somat for that tackle lol

I've gone with Stephens, ran the show with Furman in the middle - given a chance to because our second striker provided an alternative outlet that's been missing all season.

Stephens for me - his best game yet - not only did he put in some great passes but he also put his foot in when he needed too.

Closely followed by Furman, Taylor (he is on his way back) and JJ.

As for swapping Furman for Whittaker - strange decision but we went on to win the game so maybe... :huh:

it was 0-0 when he went off and 1-0 at the final whistle. Let's not complain atall.

My thoughts exactly.

Stephens was head and shoulders the man of the match for me.

Furman plays blind balls all the time, usually down the line without looking to see if anyone is there, he also mis-times the majority of his tackles and gets caught in possession a lot.

He put himself about yesterday and had one of his better games for the club that I have seen, but if he is anywhere near the South Africa world cup squad never mind team then they won't win a game.

Penney must have had a smug grin at the final whistle after his substitution was fully vindicated, some Latics fans are incredible, they don't sing a single word for the entire 90 minutes as usual, and yet get it hopelessly wrong to manage to burst into song for 3 seconds to tell the manager he got the substitution wrong when he actually got it right, you couldn't make it up. :blink:

My thoughts exactly.

Stephens was head and shoulders the man of the match for me.

Furman plays blind balls all the time, usually down the line without looking to see if anyone is there, he also mis-times the majority of his tackles and gets caught in possession a lot.

He put himself about yesterday and had one of his better games for the club that I have seen, but if he is anywhere near the South Africa world cup squad never mind team then they won't win a game.

Penney must have had a smug grin at the final whistle after his substitution was fully vindicated, some Latics fans are incredible, they don't sing a single word for the entire 90 minutes as usual, and yet get it hopelessly wrong to manage to burst into song for 3 seconds to tell the manager he got the substitution wrong when he actually got it right, you couldn't make it up. :blink:

The thing is - the substitution was baffling and frankly I cannot remember much that Whittaker did to influence the eventual outcome of the game - I await the explanation for the substitution from the gaffer.... :unsure:

Edited by TheBigDog

The thing is - the substitution was baffling and frankly I cannot remember much that Whittaker did to influence the eventual outcome of the game - I await the explanation for the substitution from the gaffer.... :unsure:

Making the substitution changed the whole dynamic of the team, Whittaker for me is far more likely to get forward and score a goal than Furman.

Furman played well on Saturday, but I can fully understand and see Penney's thinking in replacing him, Whittaker does have a decent shot on him, Penney's substitution was vindicated as we went on to win the game.

So the word from DP at BP is that he was looking for more attacking intent from the midfield - hence the substitution.

I can accept that.

What I would like to see is more people vote for their MoM - 86 last time I looked?

Also - still cannot believe that Furman has polled more votes than Stephens (or that Jacobsen has polled more than Taylor)!

:huh: