Easter Saturday - Fun in the Sun...

latic12345

All

Ryan, Josh and I were on a date having a few drinks last week and thought it might be fun to organise a football day without Latics. The basic premise is that we rock up to a common in London armed with a football and (a few) tinnies and proceed to play with said football and drink said tinnies...

Anyone game?

Alex

All

Ryan, Josh and I were on a date having a few drinks last week and thought it might be fun to organise a football day without Latics. The basic premise is that we rock up to a common in London armed with a football and (a few) tinnies and proceed to play with said football and drink said tinnies...

Anyone game?

Alex

Sounds like half an idea. Tooting Bec common is clearly the outstanding candidate, being a couple of minutes from Balham rail and Tube, convenient for a variety of pubs and booze shops, not over-run with tools and with wall to wall totty if the temperature rises above 6C and the sun shines.

All

Anyone game?

Alex

You are all bleeding obsessed with spending time with each other without latics arent you...? Cant you just be happy with drinking yourself into a stupour, in some horrible town you would never be in if it wasnt for the football (including Oldham), without wanting to make it a nice time by avoiding the football.

Terrible idea.*

*I cant do easter saturday :disappointed:

I can categorically state that I shan't be going anywhere near Tooting. But if we can get something else cast-iron-sorted, I'm in.

Tooting Bec common is in Balham, not Tooting, and is therefore caked with affluent young fitcrack. And also only 18 minutes by train from Croydon (although it feels a million miles from there) :deal2:

Tooting Bec common is in Balham, not Tooting, and is therefore caked with affluent young fitcrack. And also only 18 minutes by train from Croydon (although it feels a million miles from there) :deal2:

I see your Tooting Bec Common and I raise you Clapham Common... the best common for "affluent young fitcrack" as you delightfully put it in the whole of London*

*I would just like to state publically that I do not frequent open space in London looking for "affluent young fitcrack"

Can I also just point out, that it is most likely this is all utterly academic - as it will more than likely be freezing and raining at the start of April. Ultimately resulting in some half-hearted get together at a boozer to watch soccer saturday....

Happy days...

Can I also just point out, that it is most likely this is all utterly academic - as it will more than likely be freezing and raining at the start of April. Ultimately resulting in some half-hearted get together at a boozer to watch soccer saturday....

Happy days...

April & may have been "Summer" the past couple years. If this weekend doesnt work for anyone, when would those who are interested like to move it to?

April & may have been "Summer" the past couple years. If this weekend doesnt work for anyone, when would those who are interested like to move it to?

I wouldn't factor me too much into sorting out a time, after the weekend of the 20th March (which may really be pushing Allan's limits on when summer begins) then for various reasons I can't commit to another one until the weekend of the 22nd May...