She fell over...

I've not heard...

F**k 'em all, f**k 'em all, f**k 'em all,

The long and the short and the tall...

and

Fusiliers! Fusiliers!....

...for ages.

Having said that, I've not stood next to Colin much this season with me not going to as many away games!! LOL!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half of these only get sung on the booze buses. Shame really.

Most actually need something to happen, before they get sung though. Otherwise they'd sound a bit stupid.

Another which hasnt been sung far too often is

"I never felt more like singing the blues........when Oldham win, and City lose.........oh.....Oldham you got me singin the blues!"

oh the lads you should of seen us coming walking down sheepfoot lane u should of seenus coming all the lads and lasses with smiles upon their faces walking down sheepfooooooooooottttttttttt lane to see john sheridand aces

wasnt that one we used to sing regular??

oh the lads you should of seen us coming walking down sheepfoot lane u should of seenus coming all the lads and lasses with smiles upon their faces walking down sheepfooooooooooottttttttttt lane to see john sheridand aces

wasnt that one we used to sing regular??

I definitely remember that one except I remember it as being Jim Frizzels aces. (Its an age thing!)

to lincoln i would of had to have been old enough to remember it mate - only used sheridan to see if it worked stating watching tics in 1977 (unlike alangroves perm and harrydowds green shirt) who would remember songs pre world war, so hope they post on here)

anyway sorry for the confusion but it was frizzell and royle song

I remember plying Cardiff at home in the early 70's on a baking hot day and the Chaddy taunting the Taffy fans with :-

"WE'VE GOT WATER, WE'VE GOT WATER"

Also to all away teams at three-quarter time when the gates opened

"You'll never take the Chaddy"

By the way Mr Adams, keep your ageist jokes to yourself!!! :angry: (bloody cheeky young whipersnapper, come and say that face to face and i'll beat you within a whisker of your life with mi ration book).

Also to all away teams at three-quarter time when the gates opened

"You'll never take the Chaddy"

Remember that as being quite embarrassing as I remember the Chaddy getting 'taken' quite regularly?

Remember that as being quite embarrassing as I remember the Chaddy getting 'taken' quite regularly?

Very true sydney,

In those days my dad took me to the games and sat me on the advertisement boards directly behind the nets. When you saw the away fans pouring out of the Rocky Road End you waited to see if the headed for Sheepfoot Lane, in which case my dad would grab me and we'd run towards the main car park or alternatively if they ran out towards the car park, we ran up Sheepfoot Lane.

That is unless it was Sunderland, them crafty Geordies ran to the Chaddy from both ends (bloody mental them lot), didn't fancy taking them lot on at 7 years old!! :stretcher:

Guest sheridans_world
That one was on Soccer AM though :angry:

Still doesnt stop the fact it was an oldham chant, until England nicked it cos they couldnt think of anything themselves...

Guest sheridans_world
how about th case of jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the way oh what fun it is see oldham win away

We sang that at Gillingham day before new years day, also went with 'we are very wet, we are very wet, we are very we are very, we are very wet.' Before singing 'you're not very wet you're not very wet....' to the Gillingham fans.

Carried on all game with chants like that, excellent game, got p$ss wet through tho!

Very true sydney,

In those days my dad took me to the games and sat me on the advertisement boards directly behind the nets. When you saw the away fans pouring out of the Rocky Road End you waited to see if the headed for Sheepfoot Lane, in which case my dad would grab me and we'd run towards the main car park or alternatively if they ran out towards the car park, we ran up Sheepfoot Lane.

That is unless it was Sunderland, them crafty Geordies ran to the Chaddy from both ends (bloody mental them lot), didn't fancy taking them lot on at 7 years old!! :stretcher:

Or indeed Sheffield United in December '77, in the pic below the Chaddy looks calm, despite the fact it was half full of Blades who'd charged accross the pitch to take the Chaddy 15 minutes before kick off. I observed this from my lofty position in the Main stand section nearest the Chaddy. It was quite good that game cos most of the Chaddy piled into the paddock below and therefore we actually got some singing in the Main stand.

sheffutaylorgoal171277go2.jpg

And here's me against Notts C a few games earlier wishing somebody would sing :)

nottsc151177meuf4.jpg

Edited by StipeTripe

What about one shout of 'C'mon u Lateeeeksaaaaahhhhhhhhh' followed by random aaaaaaahhhhhhh's from all over the stand it originated. It used to be done in the Chaddy End.

I still shout it ..... but nobody every aaaaaahhhhhh's back!!! I will try to revive at Crewe this w/e ........ so I want you all to say aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Have we never had a

"wash your mouth out son.......go fetch your fathers gun....."

Cant say I recall ever hearing one at Latics. Guess i'll keep that one for Dale with regards to Bury :grin:

when i was just a lad i asked my mother

what will i be, will i be city will i be

oldham heres what she said to me. wash

your mouth out son and fetch your

fathers gun and shoot the city scum

shoot the city scum! we hate cityy we

hate city

doesn't quite sound right to me

Theres one my mate Wozza was going on about

"Roger Palmer Top Banana

shags yer wife and smokes marijuana"

Theres one my mate Wozza was going on about

"Roger Palmer Top Banana

shags yer wife and smokes marijuana"

Get it right Tommy ;)

"Roger Palmer Top Banana

Shags yer wife and drinks ya lager"

Ive definitley heard it somewhere, cos i doubt i made it up, im too young to of seen the guy play!

Can't believe no one has mentioned from the FA Cup/Littlewoods season

"Tell mi ma, mi ma

To put the champagne on ice

We're going to Wem-ber-ly twice

Tell mi ma, mi ma..."

Loved it, me.

The same season, some bright spark came out with

"Tell mi dad, mi dad

To pack the suitcases up

We're going to Eu-u-rup

Tell mi dad, mi dad..."

Had me grinning from ear to ear at the time. And remember, that year, it was a distinct possibility.