We're going to Wem-ber-ly twice

Tell mi ma, mi ma..."

Loved it, me.

The same season, some bright spark came out with

"Tell mi dad, mi dad

To pack the suitcases up

We're going to Eu-u-rup

Tell mi dad, mi dad..."

Had me grinning from ear to ear at the time. And remember, that year, it was a distinct possibility.

claim that one i started that one at brum away had nicked it off an everton supporting mate lol

one i havent heard for bit

"give us a teeeeeee teeee

"give us an iiiiiiiii iiiii

"give us a teeeeeeeeeeee teeeeeee"

" watcha do wiv em "

"oldham" clap clap clap "oldham " .........

or as inearly got thrown out of swindon by the plod for singin " put yer ead between em n go bwlbwlbwlwbwlbluuur"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the t i t s was a rugby chat!!! Use to love singing that as a kid on the terrace at 'sheddings always looked around me after singing it to see if my mum had caught me saying a rude word ... even though I know she was back home in Smithybridge

Get it right Tommy ;)

"Roger Palmer Top Banana

Shags yer wife and drinks ya lager"

Ive definitley heard it somewhere, cos i doubt i made it up, im too young to of seen the guy play!

Thought it was, "Shags your women, drinks your lager?" Mind you, I have yet to accept that it's "when we win promotion," and not, "when we get promoted." As long as everyone's happy, that's what I say.

We hardly ever sing, "we can play on grass as well," these days

Thought it was, "Shags your women, drinks your lager?" Mind you, I have yet to accept that it's "when we win promotion," and not, "when we get promoted." As long as everyone's happy, that's what I say.

Lees is there definitely a song like that though about ol' Roger Palmer? or have i been dreamin of heroes of yester year and making up random songs!!

its gotta be "when we win promotion", although im probably not the best person to judge, i remember singing Paul Murray songs when Scott Vernon had scored in the last play off season...must have been all the excitement of the prospect of going up, as me Latics Cv consists of 2 relegations so far:) (not sure why ive added a smiley there!)

Guest oa_exile

Old favorite of mine from the 70's

Lets all go for a nice cuppa tea to Gordon Lee's garden.

Kick him in the head till the B**stards nearly dead with a size ten Doctor Martin.

Can I just say I thought it was

Roger Palmer Marijuana

nah nah nah nah nah nahhhhhhhhhh

errrrrr thats it

That's definitely what I remember too Stipey.

Does anyone remember - We are far, far, Superiaaar!

Bit of a random one from the eighties but tended to follow a good old "Zigga Zagga"