Gannon dismisses Latics link

it is wrong to even consider his position while he is still working there.”

That's a "come and get me" call.

Dave Penney has done a good job up there in difficult circumstances

Although that brings Gannon's judgement in to question.

Edited by opinions4u

Basically, he's saying "I'm a member of the Manager's Union, so I ain't crucifying the guy while he's in charge, but don't rule me out if he goes." You wouldn't publicly denounce anyone in any other line of work to get his/her job, so Gannon won't do it here.

Oops, typed this before I read Leeslover's post. Sorry for duplication.

Edited by Bristolatic

Basically, he's saying "I'm a member of the Manager's Union, so I ain't crucifying the guy while he's in charge, but don't rule me out if he goes." You wouldn't publicly denounce anyone in any other line of work to get his/her job, so Gannon won't do it here.

Oops, typed this before I read Leeslover's post. Sorry for duplication.

Punishable by 90 mins @ BP tomorrow :grin:

“Dave Penney has done a good job up there in difficult circumstances and it is wrong to even consider his position while he is still working there.”

What "difficult circumstances"?

Injuries?

No money?

Over-expectant support?

I for one would like to know what the difficulties are???

if Gannon became manager in the summer and we had a rubbish season how long before the knives are out?

that's my concern, it took him time to assemble a promotion winning side at County, not to mention he's not an ex Oldham player which will probably mean some people having less patience for him

Gannon has given his word that he will manage Stockport County next season after two of his friends have put a bid together after the Melrose consortium have been rejected time and time again.

Gannon is not the answer, I think if Penney is to go there is more Managers out there than ever.

David Pleat maybe ???? (Tongue in cheek btw) :wink:

Gannon has given his word that he will manage Stockport County next season after two of his friends have put a bid together after the Melrose consortium have been rejected time and time again.

Gannon is not the answer, I think if Penney is to go there is more Managers out there than ever.

David Pleat maybe ???? (Tongue in cheek btw) :wink:

I'd want Gannon, he plays football the right way, he brings through decent players and he motivates his players. But if we can't get Gannon there are plenty of other managers out there

I think fans can accept a :censored: season. It happens at all clubs. What they cannot accept is the lack of fight on and off the pitch and comments such as 'if we play like that on Saturday we'll win' as Penney said after Tuesday which rubs people up the wrong way as were terrinle for 70 minutes of the game againsts a poor side.

I am not totally convinced by Gannon but i know that he won't stand for and let as many poor/gutless performances go as Penney has done this season.

Unfortunatly we seem to of left it too late this season to change, therefore as things stand relegation looks a good bet.

that's my concern, it took him time to assemble a promotion winning side at County, not to mention he's not an ex Oldham player which will probably mean some people having less patience for him

He took over when they were bottom of the league and a gazillion points from safety in December. The Conference beckoned. They survived with a draw on the last day of the season.

Next season they were 8th - I think they missed out on the play-offs by a goal.

The next season they were 4th and beat Rochdale at Wembley to gain promotion.

I'd go with that sort of recovery.

Looks a likely outcome to me.

Edited by opinions4u

He took over when they were bottom of the league and a gazillion points from safety in December. The Conference beckoned. They survived with a draw on the last day of the season.

Next season they were 8th - I think they missed out on the play-offs by a goal.

The next season they were 3rd and beat Rochdale at Wembley to gain promotion.

I'd go with that sort of recovery.

The first thing a new manager has to bring to the club is stability, but he finished 8th in his seconds season by going on a record run I remember it well my County supporting mates wouldn't stop going on about it, the I went to their game against Rochdale and they got spanked 7-2