The Ash Cloud

Ackey

Jesus wept, there has just been some troglodyte on the news complaining the government isn't doing enough! It is a force of nature you dumb bint, not a trade dispute with Iceland like the banks. The government didn't make you go on holiday. Haven't you got insurance or booked with a reputable travel agent?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus wept, there has just been some troglodyte on the news complaining the government isn't doing enough! It is a force of nature you dumb bint, not a trade dispute with Iceland like the banks. The government didn't make you go on holiday. Haven't you got insurance or booked with a reputable travel agent?

Just sat screaming at my TV over what I'd assume is the same clip, yeah.

People are really, really dumb.

They are probably doing far too much, not far too little. Scared :censored:less of anyone putting their name to anything with the tiniest bit of risk. I'm one of hundreds of thousands up for giving it a go as and when it looks best, if one drops out of the air then I'll be glad it wasn't the one I was on. It would be just my luck to have an anvil or piano fall on my head in the meantime, I'll take my luck in the air.

Incidentally, headlines about Brown ordering the Navy to rescue Britons abroad? We only have a couple of dinghies and a frigate or two left, and what we have is crap for carrying people. Political sham.

Insurance doesn't always cover stuff like this (which I think is scandalous) and how many people book stuff over the net these days as its cheaper and much easier to do your own thing

I would agree though the government has no control over the weather and in case she hasn't noticed its not just us which is affected.

Didn't see that but some woman was on the radio news last Friday whining about how "they should have contingency plans for this kind of thing". This kind of thing? A volcano erupting? What f**king plans do you want them to put in place? Having the X-Men on standby?

Didn't see that but some woman was on the radio news last Friday whining about how "they should have contingency plans for this kind of thing". This kind of thing? A volcano erupting? What f**king plans do you want them to put in place? Having the X-Men on standby?

I feel really really sorry for them. I also blame that evil Gordon Brown for not personally walking around Europe and the world to tend to their snivelling slapped arses.

I feel really really sorry for them. I also blame that evil Gordon Brown for not personally walking around Europe and the world to tend to their snivelling slapped arses.

He did grab the headlines for a day by sending a 250-seater warship to Spain. Give the man a break.

He did grab the headlines for a day by sending a 250-seater warship to Spain. Give the man a break.

Surely if he really wanted to grab the headlines he should have ordered it to take the Fulham squad to Hamburg? Imagine the photo opportunities....

Surely if he really wanted to grab the headlines he should have ordered it to take the Fulham squad to Hamburg? Imagine the photo opportunities....

As they arrived in 2024 on the new naval super-ship which was delivered 14 years late, with a couple of boy scouts with sling shots instead of guns or planes, and which was due to be scrapped in Germany after it's maiden voyage?

Razza, how'd you get on kid? BBC reporting closure of most of British airspace yet again...

Touch and go in Joburg airport they was warey about letting people on ,

Ended up getting the plane to Charles de gaulle , the journey was an hour longer than normal it diverted over the north of spain , whether it was avoiding ash or closed airspace Im not sure,

From Paris got the train to Gare du Nord then to another station then the train to Caen , ferry to Portsmouth , stayed in Portsmouth for the night now just at Southampton airport waiting for a flight upto Manchester at 8:55 !

In Paris they wasnt letting people travel if they had a connecting flight in Paris (which we had) as they didnt want to be liable for people getting stuck in Paris, so we cancelled the connecting flight and checked in (which they was still unhappy about doing)

Shame it wasnt a couple of days before could have fit the Latics match in :lol: great point btw

Just got this text from a mate:

"My wife's been stuck in an airport for six days with no food and no money.

If I've sobered up enough in the morning, I might drive down to Heathrow and pick her up."

:lol:

And thanks for the photo's Rummy, astonishing.

It was class at Heathrow (when I finally got there through a maddening series of traffic jams, inspired by Richard Branson), only one person in front of me at check in. The whole place was like a graveyard. If only the cloud had come a week earlier it would have been ideal.

• 2 weeks later...