• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel sorry for Ireland, they were fantastic in the field to skittle us out for 120 , then never get a fair chance to try and win , I would be pissed if it was us!

Ireland at least had a full 20/20 game against West Indies and were well beaten.

It would have been incredably unfair on England had we not gone through after having a winning position against West Indies stolen by the rain, and then a possible repeat against Ireland, I suspect the 120 was a better score than it first looked on that pitch which was very slow and difficult to score on as Zimbabwe and New Zealand had found earlier.

Either way the rain is ruining this tournament.

Ireland at least had a full 20/20 game against West Indies and were well beaten.

It would have been incredably unfair on England had we not gone through after having a winning position against West Indies stolen by the rain, and then a possible repeat against Ireland, I suspect the 120 was a better score than it first looked on that pitch which was very slow and difficult to score on as Zimbabwe and New Zealand had found earlier.

According to Jimmy Anderson they've just arrived in Barbados where it's raining just as hard! :(

Suppose , just did my head in a little bit watching England in a tournment only play 2 half games :lol:

Bloody hate Twenty20 Cricket... It's Cricket for people who don't like Cricket :wink: Hope the whole bloody tournament is a disaster for the greedy bastards that are ruining the sport...

I used to love Twenty20 when it started and still do enjoy it occasionally (well watching Lancs in it anyway).

The problem is that the ICC have overplayed it for me. Didn't we have a World Cup last year? And the year before? It's ridiculous. Not to mention circus that is the IPL.

When it was a domestic tournament in England and a couple of internationals per test match series it was great. A quadrannual (?) world tournament or even a biannual one would be entertaining. This is just ridiculous now and it's no longer interesting.

I used to love Twenty20 when it started and still do enjoy it occasionally (well watching Lancs in it anyway).

The problem is that the ICC have overplayed it for me. Didn't we have a World Cup last year? And the year before? It's ridiculous. Not to mention circus that is the IPL.

When it was a domestic tournament in England and a couple of internationals per test match series it was great. A quadrannual (?) world tournament or even a biannual one would be entertaining. This is just ridiculous now and it's no longer interesting.

I agree with JSS, we don't need another 20/20 world cup this year. But its another way for the ICC to make money (although they've learnt their lessons from the 50 over world cup in the Windies a couple of years ago). Although it gives rise to not necessarily the best team winning the competition, more the ones who are luckiest. 20/20 works really well on a domestic level as you can have games start a 5.30 (and later) during the week so you can leave work (and not necessarily early) and catch a game. Its given us some new international stars and some exciting cricket and the shorter versions have improved test match cricket too.

I like the idea of the champions trophy (the one with the winners of different countries domestic 20/20 tournament) but what I will find really, really annoying is if the players in Engalnd squads are "rested" for the domestic 20/20, especially if they played in the IPL. There is no way English players should be allowed to play in what is essentially a domestic Indian competition and then be rested for our domestic competition.

Very much overdone and my least favourite form of cricket ever. Just too much luck involved and not enough ability. It has brought about new loony batting techniques, but they are more offensive than anything else.

Plus there's barely enough time to get hammered in.

NB. I'll still watch it as it's Lancashire/England.

NB2. Biennial and quadrennial, otherwise it's twice/four times a year. Eek.

Finally get a full game. Excellent from England. Peterson finally gets his eye in with 70 N/O.

Beating Pakistan was never going to be easy and we looked quite comfortable towards the end really.

I missed it, but apparently Kieswetter smashed a ball into the Pavilion and broke a wall! That's some hitting!

Finally get a full game. Excellent from England. Peterson finally gets his eye in with 70 N/O.

Beating Pakistan was never going to be easy and we looked quite comfortable towards the end really.

I missed it, but apparently Kieswetter smashed a ball into the Pavilion and broke a wall! That's some hitting!

He cracked the plaster on the outer wall of the Garfield Sobers Pavilion, right near the top, it nearly went on the roof, a huge hit.

England played really well (as they had done against the West Indies) always looked in full control of the run chase, good win against a useful side.

I think if we hadn't had rain we would be played 3 won 3.

The side looks quite well balanced and we do bat right down the order which is very useful in the 20/20 format.

We also have decent bowling options which you need.

Nice of us to loan the Pakistani's some butter before our innings though.

I might not like this game, but we have picked the right batsmen for once. It helps that we can steal them from Ireland and South Africa but what the hell. We've had that opportunity before and not taken it.

I still can't see any scenario when that past it curly haired sheep shagging :censored: is better than Jimmy though.

I still can't see any scenario when that past it curly haired sheep shagging :censored: is better than Jimmy though.

Bowling- no

Batting- unsure but that shouldn't matter in the number 11 (and anyway Jimmy might not be a run scorer but he hangs around well)

Fielding- God no, Jimmy is almost as good a fielder as he is a bowler.

So why are we picking Frank?

Well placed to beat South Africa on Sky Sports 2.

Won by 39 runs.

England 168-7

SA 129 all out

Excellent win, Pietersen a superb 53 from 33 balls took the game a way from SA, but some excellent bowling and fielding meant SA never looked close to getting anywhere near the 168.

Really good performance again.

KP flies home, baby Pietersen is born (today), KP flies back to the Windies in time for the highly likely semi, anyone else get the impression that the Doctor involved is a cricket fan?

Pakistan beat SA so England are through to semis even if we lose to NZ. :redrose::lanky::England:

Which we didn't :D

Bresnan and Morgan carried us through really - good to see a new generation of cricketers prepared to play T20 as it should be.

Let's see if we can take this bit of fearless, intelligent cricket into the 1 day game.

C'mon England - Any win is a win. A world cup is within the grasp :lol: