Election 2010 - Post Campaign Vote

Election 2010 - Post Campaign Vote  

192 members have voted

1. 1. If the Election took place today who would you vote for ?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Liberal Democrats
    • UK Independence Party
    • Green Party
    • British National Party
    • Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • I am not going to vote
    • Spoil Vote

With the campaigning pretty much drawing to a close, If the Election took place today who would you vote for ?

As promised I am reposting this poll to see how the campaigning and leadership debates have changed peoples minds. You can find the old poll here. http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=29164&hl=

So who are Latics fans backing to form the next government come Friday :)

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the campaigning pretty much drawing to a close, If the Election took place today who would you vote for ?

As promised I am reposting this poll to see how the campaigning and leadership debates have changed peoples minds. You can find the old poll here. http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=29164&hl=

So who are Latics fans backing to form the next government come Friday :)

Where's the don't know option?

Feel free to answer the question on Thursday. Poll is asking who WILL you vote for if the election was TODAY.

Well if the election was TODAY I don't know, I'll answer when I've voted (in which case where's the deliberate spoil option as I may need it)

Seems as good a place as any to ask... I sent off a form asking for a voting-card as I have recently moved house. Still not had it. Sent two emails asking for info both have been ignored. But I have had voting 'spam' through the door in my name suggesting I have been added to the database... anyone know what I should do as I refuse to lose my vote.

Seems as good a place as any to ask... I sent off a form asking for a voting-card as I have recently moved house. Still not had it. Sent two emails asking for info both have been ignored. But I have had voting 'spam' through the door in my name suggesting I have been added to the database... anyone know what I should do as I refuse to lose my vote.

I think you are too late now mate...

Look at http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/

That's the thing, I read that about a month ago, followed the advice and printed off the form and sent it to the council... but I've yet to get my voting card back and obviously tomorrow is the last day for it to arrive which is what worries me.

Which constituency would you be voting in ?

I'm an advocate of not voting, but seeing as these stupid politicians would attribute that to laziness rather than a complete lack of faith in what is an absolutely ridiculous system I might take the time to mozy on down and graffiti my vote, if it's sunny, and if I'm on the register. :unsure:

I'm an advocate of not voting, but seeing as these stupid politicians would attribute that to laziness rather than a complete lack of faith in what is an absolutely ridiculous system I might take the time to mozy on down and graffiti my vote, if it's sunny, and if I'm on the register. :unsure:

I always think it's better to do that than not to vote at all, if that's how you feel. I do support the Australian ideal of 'enforced' voting however.

Oh, and if anyone else is unsure on if they're registered to vote in the election and they come under Manchester Council then call 0161 234 3145. Finally managed to get something out of them (thanks for making me think to look back on aboutmyvote Zeros!).

You mean spoil your vote ? I think that is better than not voting at all for the reason you state.

I always think it's better to do that than not to vote at all, if that's how you feel. I do support the Australian ideal of 'enforced' voting however.

You mean spoil your vote ? I think that is better than not voting at all for the reason you state.

That I can't dispute, not that it will make any difference.

If however a majority spoiled then we would see some........(drumroll please)........real change. :sleeping:

That I can't dispute, not that it will make any difference.

If however a majority spoiled then we would see some........(drumroll please)........real change. :sleeping:

I think if some how Labour return a majority we will see AV in place..

A lib-lab parliament we will see PR before the next election...

I don't Labour can shy away from it this time.

If you we get the Torys we will stick to FPTP...

Edited by oafc0000

We need an option to name and shame the tory voters :grin:

I think it's the Labour voters who are (the most) tapped.

Regarding your sig, isn't the aim of proposed cuts to try and enable us to live within our means as opposed to being driven by the opportunity of being able to cut millionaire tax bills? :unsure:

Could your version be a tad sensationalistic, perhaps? :unsure:

I'm an advocate of not voting, but seeing as these stupid politicians would attribute that to laziness rather than a complete lack of faith

Me too, but I'm bored of people moaning at me saying it's not the same thing as spoiling your ballot paper (it is) so I'll go along and "Grand National" it instead, I think.

Me too, but I'm bored of people moaning at me saying it's not the same thing as spoiling your ballot paper (it is) so I'll go along and "Grand National" it instead, I think.

Spoilt votes are counted at least... and its great chance to draw some rude pictures :)

Spoilt votes are counted at least...

That means very little, really.

Who's to say that it's viewed as a "protest"? Could it be that they're actually viewed as "This thick :censored: can't even fill in a ballot paper properly. Might as well have not bothered."

That means very little, really.

Who's to say that it's viewed as a "protest"? Could it be that they're actually viewed as "This thick :censored: can't even fill in a ballot paper properly. Might as well have not bothered."

If the vote had been next week then a few papers could have been obviously spoiled mopping Greegs up after his parade around the pitch.

As it is we'll just have to use our imaginations.