Election 2010 - Post Campaign Vote

Election 2010 - Post Campaign Vote  

192 members have voted

1. 1. If the Election took place today who would you vote for ?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Liberal Democrats
    • UK Independence Party
    • Green Party
    • British National Party
    • Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • I am not going to vote
    • Spoil Vote

That means very little, really.

Who's to say that it's viewed as a "protest"? Could it be that they're actually viewed as "This thick :censored: can't even fill in a ballot paper properly. Might as well have not bothered."

According to Tulsehill in the other election thread spoilt votes are at least looked at by the politicans so you can write something offensive to them if you so wish. I'm sure of you write "None of the above" etc. they might get the message.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure of you write "None of the above" etc. they might get the message.

Really? I'm not. In fact, I'm pretty sure they don't give a :censored: when they're rolling around in their vast piles of cash, pissing themselves laughing as they comfort themselves with the knowledge that democracy is a sham.

Really? I'm not. In fact, I'm pretty sure they don't give a :censored: when they're rolling around in their vast piles of cash, pissing themselves laughing as they comfort themselves with the knowledge that democracy is a sham.

The winners might but I don't think there's a lot of money in politics if you aren't an MP (or on the council etc.)

Spoilt votes are counted at least... and its great chance to draw some rude pictures :)

Spoilt votes are the only ones that the candidates will definitely see. When all the votes are counted in, the returning officer will gather the candidates together to verify spoilt or disputed ballot papers. If you want to make more explicit your feelings for any given politician in your area, that's your chance.

Sorry. Someone already said that. The most popular way to spoil ballot papers is to write something above or below the list to the effect of "No F****** Choice At All". Someone already said that too. Oh dear.

I've come round to the idea of PR - partly because it will mean that every vote counts, but mostly because it will stop safe incumbents becoming lazy and corrupt. That it would deprive the Tory party of power is merely a happy coincidence.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

Spoilt votes are the only ones that the candidates will definitely see. When all the votes are counted in, the returning officer will gather the candidates together to verify spoilt or disputed ballot papers. If you want to make more explicit your feelings for any given politician in your area, that's your chance.

Sorry. Someone already said that. The most popular way to spoil ballot papers is to write something above or below the list to the effect of "No F****** Choice At All". Someone already said that too. Oh dear.

I've come round to the idea of PR - partly because it will mean that every vote counts, but mostly because it will stop safe incumbents becoming lazy and corrupt. That it would deprive the Tory party of power is merely a happy coincidence.

I have come around to PR ever since Dave Moron said he doesn't like the idea... It can only be a good idea in that case :)

BBC News 24 reporting allegations of voting fraud in Oldham and Rochdale. Please please please let it be the Liberals. Again.

That's fecking rich! :lol:

There are definitely issues in the borough, but it's a problem for all three parties. Whatever the result tomorrow, there's a very good case for a proper investigation into what has happened and fair ways of preventing/mitigating it. But of course if the Lib Dems suggested that, the local Labour group wouldn't co-operate - being the bunch of self-interested, negative, lying hypocrites that they are.

That's fecking rich! :lol:

There are definitely issues in the borough, but it's a problem for all three parties. Whatever the result tomorrow, there's a very good case for a proper investigation into what has happened and fair ways of preventing/mitigating it. But of course if the Lib Dems suggested that, the local Labour group wouldn't co-operate - being the bunch of self-interested, negative, lying hypocrites that they are.

At least Labour don't pay their activists £3 per hour cash in hand, no questions asked. I'll be taking a good long look at the election expenses forms of all Liberal MPs. It won't take long.

At least Labour don't pay their activists £3 per hour cash in hand, no questions asked. I'll be taking a good long look at the election expenses forms of all Liberal MPs. It won't take long.

I see you've swallowed the lies your lot have been putting out hook, line and sinker. :wink:

I see you've swallowed the lies your lot have been putting out hook, line and sinker. :wink:

He admitted it. He said he gives the money out because it's normal to get people sandwiches and things - it just turns out that the price of sandwiches and things is exactly the equivalent of £3 per hour. There's documentary evidence too. Never mind. So apparently it's okay to pay people less than the minimum wage if you're an oh-so-important Liberal election candidate.

I would just love it if Woolas hangs on. Love it. As I understand it, everything depends on getting the Fitton Hillbillies out of bed and into the polling station. :unsure:

:bobby:

:hanged:

Uh oh.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

Does anyone really want to vote for the party backed by some e-list actor who looks like a circumcised penis and takes 60 seconds to write an 'X'?

The economy matters more to me . Osborne plans a slash and burn emergency budget. So far we have the IMF, the OECD, the EU and various Nobel prize-winning economists all saying that big cuts now would crash the Uk economy. And no other western government thats not in trouble is planning big cuts. So who do you trust - Osborne or the rest of the world?

.See more And remember the business leaders against a tax on business? Or "on jobs"? And the cut in corporation tax (on banks) to be paid for by slashing grants to business? That means more tax that has to be raised from you and me, and more jobs that have to go from local government.

As for immigration, most immigrants come from the UK. They - like us - are free to come and go where they please. Cameron wants a cap on immigrants, knowing fully well this wouldn't stop internal EU immigration from places like Poland or Slovakia or Latvia. Cameron is denying people an in or out referendum on the EU - Clegg wants one.

So its all about choices. Murdoch is desperate for a Tory win. As is big business. As are the international money markets. Do you think they represent your interests? Or theirs?

Britain has less debt than Europe, lower unemployment, and is recovering from the recession faster. Britain controls its own currency, and as all the money we owe is in Sterling - which we print - we CANNOT go bust or default like Greece.

There is a reason why Britain is doing better than the rest of Europe.....

Lib debs with experience and more founded policies may in time challenge what current prominent parties we have now.

I believe its better the devil you know and like others who stand for leadership, its not the man I'm voting for its the policies and experience to help us all through these gard times.