Everybody Draw Mohammed Day

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That works for me too :)

For the record, in case you do follow the more right-wing stance within this argument, she's also very much opposed to the racial/immigration undertones of the debate (especially as she's an American living in the UK).

Does anyone else think its slightly ironic that this campaign is being backed by You Tube who suck at the teet of broadcasters and pull mobile phone footage of football games amongst other things? Nevermind all those newspapers etc who use "freedom of speech" as a counter argument to libel laws.

For the record, in case you do follow the more right-wing stance within this argument, she's also very much opposed to the racial/immigration undertones of the debate (especially as she's an American living in the UK).

I don't. I don't think I have said anything that could indicate I do either (in spite of oafc0000's constant strawman arguments). This has got NOTHING to do with race. It doesn't really have anything to do with religion either. I would be just as annoyed if it was a politically motivated group or individuals threatening violence over cartoons.

For the record I'm a libertarian (ie social liberal) and slightly right wing (right wing refers to economic policy), not a fascist right winger.

I don't. I don't think I have said anything that could indicate I do either (in spite of oafc0000's constant strawman arguments). This has got NOTHING to do with race. It doesn't really have anything to do with religion either. I would be just as annoyed if it was a politically motivated group or individuals threatening violence over cartoons.

For the record I'm a libertarian (ie social liberal) and slightly right wing (right wing refers to economic policy), not a fascist right winger.

I never mentioned race... :blink:

I just pointed out how childish your stance was...

Unsuccesfully. You just chose not to take my word for it that this is about free speech and nothing else. Free speech is a principle that I hold very dear.

Sure yeah right. Glad you set my mind at rest there. I was labouring under the opinion that it was actually all about your right to provoke and insult whom you choose for whatever reason you choose when you choose. It's heartening that its just pure coincidence that you're choosing a religion whose adherents generally have a darker skin tone than your anglo-saxon standard. I suggest you put your crayons down (not before teacher says you can, mind), follow your principles to their obvious conclusion, and join the racially pure Lib Dems.

Sure yeah right. Glad you set my mind at rest there. I was labouring under the opinion that it was actually all about your right to provoke and insult whom you choose for whatever reason you choose when you choose.

That IS what free speech is about. Offence is taken not given. And it is entirely subjective. Nothing is above criticism or ridicule. I have the right to say what I want and you have the right to ignore or aviod it.

It's heartening that its just pure coincidence that you're choosing a religion whose adherents generally have a darker skin tone than your anglo-saxon standard. I suggest you put your crayons down (not before teacher says you can, mind), follow your principles to their obvious conclusion, and join the racially pure Lib Dems.

Pathetic! Such an ignorant and intellectually dishonest statement. Go ahead and label me a racist even though I have said nothing to indicate that I am.

People like you make me sick.

That IS what free speech is about. Offence is taken not given. And it is entirely subjective. Nothing is above criticism or ridicule. I have the right to say what I want and you have the right to ignore or aviod it.

Pathetic! Such an ignorant and intellectually dishonest statement. Go ahead and label me a racist even though I have said nothing to indicate that I am.

People like you make me sick.

Christ. I only said you should join the Lib Dems. Such a strong reaction!

I'm sure non-racists everywhere will be expressing their deeply held principles by having a pop at Muslims today.

I'm sure non-racists everywhere will be expressing their deeply held principles by having a pop at Muslims today.

I'm not sure you are being racist if you have a pop at Muslims- Muslim is not a race its a religion and quite a few Muslims are Caucasian.

That's all fine and dandy then.

When do we get off the subject of insulting Muslims and get on to the vexed and interesting question of your mum?

WOW- going to Mum jokes are we? How old are you- 15? I'm not going to argue with you on the original topic (as frankly I don't care- I can see both points of the argument). I find it hypocritical for You Tube to be joining in with a freedom of speech argument when they are probably one of the biggest censors around. I'd also like to see how many people would join in if it was Jesus or the Christian God being satirised on TV and then they had a draw Jesus day. Freedom of speech goes both ways but that doesn't mean its right for people to make serious threats against those who satire Mohammed.