New Manager Thread

Ok so realistically lads/lasses, who are the candidates?

Cheap appointment: The cheap appointment would undoubtedly be Dux and Gregan. Without meaning to be disrespectful to them, that would make relegation more or less certain.

Butt: I would be happy with this appointment if it was made, ex red or not. Would have some good contacts at Man U and Toon, young hungry manager wanting to make his name?

Gannon: Again I think this would be an improvement over Penney. Knows how to get the best out of his players and a small budget. Just a shame he is apparently a :censored:

Simpson: Good lord no, why replace one mediocre manager for another?

Ritchie: No no and no!!!!!!! Nuff said

Bunn: Probably the only ex tic I would have here if he was willing to come. Has a good coaching reputation but unproven as a manager. Would be a gamble no doubt.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dux for the cheap option. But if, and probably when he fails It'll just be sad seeing another legend depart tainted. May keep fans patient though. Gannon. No way. Wouldn't take any flak and for fans who get their knickers in a twist over a manager putting his hands in their pocket during a game he's be a nightmare for when he has one of his 'outbusts' after being touchline barracked for 90 minutes.

Hill. Like I said in t'other thread. The read statement of ambition would be going for someone like Hill. Fresh, successful and gets the absolute most out of a small budget playing the right way.

Mini-Shez. Stranger things have happened. File under cheap option.

Simpson/Newall. Don't touch with a bargepole.

Foyle. Could be worth a punt. After all he'll only get a season and then be sacked if we're not top 6 anyway. Best to get someone with no emotional attachment.

My personal preference would be to give someone their first crack at management, someone who wants to make a name for themself as a manager and is willing to work on a budget.

We have tried experience with Talbot, Moore, Royle 2nd Era and Penney, none have worked.

Our two most sucessful managers within the last 10 years, Shez and Dowie, both given their first chance.

My personal preference would be to give someone their first crack at management, someone who wants to make a name for themself as a manager and is willing to work on a budget.

We have tried experience with Talbot, Moore, Royle 2nd Era and Penney, none have worked.

Our two most sucessful managers within the last 10 years, Shez and Dowie, both given their first chance.

You mean like Graeme Sharp?

You mean like Graeme Sharp?

Yes but also like Ian Dowie and John Sheridan and shock, horror, Joe Royle, Jimmy Frizzell, who each got their first managerial appointments with us and went on to enjoy some degree of success. Royle and Frizzell got us promoted a division, dowie got us to the playoffs, as did Shez but also chuck in there a decent cup run with a huge scalp.

Giving a manager his first crack as worked more times than it hasnt with us

Yes but also like Ian Dowie and John Sheridan and shock, horror, Joe Royle, Jimmy Frizzell, who each got their first managerial appointments with us and went on to enjoy some degree of success. Royle and Frizzell got us promoted a division, dowie got us to the playoffs, as did Shez but also chuck in there a decent cup run with a huge scalp.

Giving a manager his first crack as worked more times than it hasnt with us

To be honest I don't think Morinho could manage a top half finish with our budget.

Vote Underdog, she'll buy all supporters a pie and a pint, motivate the squad and singers while eyeing up the legs of certain players.

yes vote for me, me, me.......but I will also tell them if they we a load of crap, pull their finger out for chuffs sake....

I need a number two...you up for it Martin?

Lets look at who we got rid of.

Penney. Someone with a bit of a track record of promotion and seemingly nice guy, but task master, and available. did not work.

Sheridan.. I would have thought the internal promotion of an ex-player would not work vis a vis Gregan.

Moore. Any style as long as we get up did not work.

So that leaves a rookie but with all the qualifications maybe an innovative style a la Lambert.

Or Roy Hodgson experienced old pro.

So a la LAmbert, who played us off the park and is young?

Not sure the best of who is available.

Brian Tinnion. My dog has heard a rumour off snoopy we've made an approach for Kevin Maher as Player-Manager.

so as he has not worked for 5 years, it would count as a rookie and giving them their first taste in management would it not?

Ok so realistically lads/lasses, who are the candidates?

Cheap appointment: The cheap appointment would undoubtedly be Dux and Gregan. Without meaning to be disrespectful to them, that would make relegation more or less certain.

Butt: I would be happy with this appointment if it was made, ex red or not. Would have some good contacts at Man U and Toon, young hungry manager wanting to make his name?

Gannon: Again I think this would be an improvement over Penney. Knows how to get the best out of his players and a small budget. Just a shame he is apparently a :censored:

Simpson: Good lord no, why replace one mediocre manager for another?

Ritchie: No no and no!!!!!!! Nuff said

Bunn: Probably the only ex tic I would have here if he was willing to come. Has a good coaching reputation but unproven as a manager. Would be a gamble no doubt.

Think you should add Martin Gray to that list as I think it's almost certain he'll get the job...........................cheapest option and he wants to be a No 1

There are quite a few managers in the non-leagues or coaches (or current/recent senior players) in the upper leagues who are looking to step up to a managerial post at our sort of level. Speed is one (doubt we could afford him though), Butt (ditto- unless he buys the club with the other ginger fella), Holdsworth at Newport, Dean Saunders at Wrexham (might not be available though due to his welsh duties), Mini-Shez (though would you come to the club that treated your brother so badly) etc.

I'm being deadly serious here. I coach a school football team to relative success. I'm frigging excellent on Football Manager. I have a good rapport with all the players I coach/manage (at School and in the virtual world).....Could I be considered?

I'm being deadly serious here. I coach a school football team to relative success. I'm frigging excellent on Football Manager. I have a good rapport with all the players I coach/manage (at School and in the virtual world).....Could I be considered?

Are you attack minded? If so when can you start?