New Manager Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you attack minded? If so when can you start?

With the school team, we attack teams.

On the computer, I play defensive.

So I have mastered both aspects.

I need to give a full terms notice, so give it Nicky Butt till Christmas.

You wouldnt get Penney ever showing this sort of passion! Every game is a must win game!! Great guy now lives local give him the job check out these links just what we need....

Will we here this from Penney on saturday night..

Fans loved him

Get him in we need someone who can us fans can build up a relationship with

You wouldnt get Penney ever showing this sort of passion! Every game is a must win game!! Great guy now lives local give him the job check out these links just what we need....

Fans loved him

:lol:

yes vote for me, me, me.......but I will also tell them if they we a load of crap, pull their finger out for chuffs sake....

I need a number two...you up for it Martin?

I don't think they could afford me. :lol:

There are quite a few managers in the non-leagues or coaches (or current/recent senior players) in the upper leagues who are looking to step up to a managerial post at our sort of level. Speed is one (doubt we could afford him though), Butt (ditto- unless he buys the club with the other ginger fella), Holdsworth at Newport, Dean Saunders at Wrexham (might not be available though due to his welsh duties), Mini-Shez (though would you come to the club that treated your brother so badly) etc.

And due to the fact he's done a terrible job at Wrexham this season.

What about Alan Knill Bury?? hes a top class manager would do well and has his team playing football not hoof ball

would he not require compo though? Not really much point in replacing one mediocre manager with another?

would he not require compo though? Not really much point in replacing one mediocre manager with another?

alot better than Penney! Knill did really well at Rotherham and Bury on little money and best of all his teams play football and get the ball on the decks

Fans loved him

Hey Stuart; thanks for joining OWTB.

It would be an interesting appointment; he’d not doubt bring Wayne Jacobs with him – so that up’s the Ginger allocation for our club by 2!

At this time, even Sheridan looks like a better prospect than Duxbury or another budget appointment.

That said, by the time Sheridan left our football was just as bad if not worse than Penney's!

The first 3 months or so it was a pleasure to watch, since xmas its been dire, sheridan constantly making 5 or 6 changes every game, he wonders why we are inconsistent.

Only one man for me - Jim Gannon

He wants to come back to the north west after unsettled times in Scotland and Peterborough. Cracking C.V at Stockport and a young manager who knows lower league football on a budget.

looks like the season ticket sales have been slow....i already renewed mine glutton for punishment....anyway back to the topic...mancini might be free lol

in all honesty, i`m not expecting any half decent manager who is already in a job, that would mean shelling out a cpl of quid and we cant afford it, so it will be A) Someone out of work B) Someones first appointment either of which is a gamble and will have fans probably shouting for his head after a season in charge..........good luck to him