New Manager Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F5-tastic.

Duxbury.

Having had a wee thinky; I can see the announcement of Dux coming sooner rather than later. After a dodgy start with the Hungarian issues; he has turned the reserves around and they play decent stuff (albeit I base that from 2 games I've watched granted). He’s already on the payroll and is a fans favourite. I can it happening.

Edited by slystallone

I'm being deadly serious here. I coach a school football team to relative success. I'm frigging excellent on Football Manager. I have a good rapport with all the players I coach/manage (at School and in the virtual world).....Could I be considered?

football manager, i got scunthorpe up as champions and paint pot holders in the first season. now a solid championship side after three seasons. pick me!

Corney claims the club received twenty genuine enquiries within ten minutes of the announcement :unsure: - BBC

Carlton Palmer must have the club's number on speed dial.

I find this "fascinating"......20 applicants already?????.....have the vultures been circling BP for weeks?

can we please ensure that as part of the medical that a full "mental evaluation" is done too? Who on earth would want to come to BP?

Ritchie has advised that an experience manager is needed now. That's my application out of the window then... :disappointed:

if the club rush into this desicion then its yet another mistake from them!! penney was the cheap and wise option and not many if any were against him coming to us but right now this club needs stability more than ever and if we dont get it then it could be the end of latics as we know it if not!! the club must get the right man not the cheap option etc! secondly they must back him with a good budget too which will be given to him if we get someone decent in as more people will buy tickets !! come on fans and tta they have listened to what we have to say and acted and now we have to back them !! KTF

Please not Duxbury or Gregan. If we can only afford to appoint internally - Gray has 90 minutes on Saturday to show what he can do or Philiskirk.

Ritchie or Gannon the only external options for me.

We have players on trial..so he's a novel idea.

Why can't we have managers too? If we have alledgedly has 20 enquiries all ready, why can't we trial them all out?

A week in for training, see if they can motivate the team then a trial match?

hell, why can't we do this for the players too?

Why do we have to offer all these, 1yr, 2yr contracts and then have to pay people off if they don't perform

can't we just pay the players/manager on performance, gates per month?

And what happens to all these players we could have mulling over contracts now? Is the rug been pulled out of them or those who have contracts under DP - if the new manager doesn't like is it bye-bye?

Ok so realistically lads/lasses, who are the candidates?

Cheap appointment: The cheap appointment would undoubtedly be Dux and Gregan. Without meaning to be disrespectful to them, that would make relegation more or less certain.

Butt: I would be happy with this appointment if it was made, ex red or not. Would have some good contacts at Man U and Toon, young hungry manager wanting to make his name?

Gannon: Again I think this would be an improvement over Penney. Knows how to get the best out of his players and a small budget. Just a shame he is apparently a :censored:

Simpson: Good lord no, why replace one mediocre manager for another?

Ritchie: No no and no!!!!!!! Nuff said

Bunn: Probably the only ex tic I would have here if he was willing to come. Has a good coaching reputation but unproven as a manager. Would be a gamble no doubt.

add mark hughes to that list :blush::grin:

I'd be fascinated to see the 20 names.

me too...although I don't think I made the list, gave too many pies away maybe - oh hell it was my pie budget that did it. Suppose I won't make PM either.... :shock:

John Barnes. Never got a chance at Tranmere and has good contacts still at Liverpool.

hahahah..one half of dumb n dumber....

gannon...knows the lower leages likes a bargain seems to unearth rare gems every now and again...would do a decnt job given enough time

paul ince..did relatively well at mk mongs left due to no budget increase so doubt he would come here...

paul jewel...were not high profile enough

dowie..would love him back but doubt it will happen...

nicky butt seems to be a hot topical subject ive heard about already....i wouldnt mind but what coaching has he done...would need an experienced sidekick i think

i dont really mind who as long as they dont bull:censored: us,try to kid us and play decent attractive attack minded football.....