England World Cup Squad

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no words.....

I've got some.

"Can you stand the tension at home? Darren Bent must score this penalty to keep England in the world cup..."

"Rooney finds Lennon. Can Lennon find a cross? It's bounced unkindly for Johnny Foreigner, and here's Darren BENT!

...Well, Kevin, that could be England's last chance in this match and indeed the tournament."

"He's gone right underneath it, Clive, and it's still going up..."

If Bent is an international striker then so am I.

Just to clarify, there are dead people who are better at football than I am.

Comparable to who though? 3 goal Emily or not scored in months Defoe?

I'm not going to proclaim that Bent would have been the saviour of English football - but I'd much rather have him on the end of a cross than either of those two.

And you only need see Emily's 'header' against Japan to know that whilst Bent might sky-it at least he would meet the damn ball.

Three goals. GOD DAMN THREE GOALS!

Done

1600: Breaking news: The seven England players to miss out on a World Cup place are: Leighton Baines, Michael Dawson, Tom Huddlestone, Scott Parker, Adam Johnson, Theo Walcott, Darren Bent.

Indeed.

As above: Bent over Heskey, undoubtedly. Other than that it's a case of fringe players and with those it's never an easy decision - you don't know who will and will not step up to the plate on the big-day.

I do however trust Capello explicitly. He's made some excellent progress with this side and we're in a position - with the requisite amount of luck and effort - to win the World Cup.

Also, for those not paying attention, check out Luca Toni's comments after he wasn't included in the Italian squad! :lol:

Comparable to who though? 3 goal Emily or not scored in months Defoe?

I'm not going to proclaim that Bent would have been the saviour of English football - but I'd much rather have him on the end of a cross than either of those two.

And you only need see Emily's 'header' against Japan to know that whilst Bent might sky-it at least he would meet the damn ball.

Three goals. GOD DAMN THREE GOALS!

Emily's a different type of player. Maybe the thinking is that Emily and Crouch are of a type, and it's DB or Defoe to stick it in the net. Defoe any day of the week for me.

Indeed.

As above: Bent over Heskey, undoubtedly. Other than that it's a case of fringe players and with those it's never an easy decision - you don't know who will and will not step up to the plate on the big-day.

I do however trust Capello explicitly. He's made some excellent progress with this side and we're in a position - with the requisite amount of luck and effort - to win the World Cup.

Also, for those not paying attention, check out Luca Toni's comments after he wasn't included in the Italian squad! :lol:

not bitter at all is he !

not bitter at all is he !

I think given the level of disdain shown on this thread towards the English players they've held themselves in a great light.

Walcott has come out and wished the team well & Green has taken praise with a pinch of salt, whilst other nation's players have been having very public paddies - some not even about their own omission!!

I think given the level of disdain shown on this thread towards the English players they've held themselves in a great light.

Walcott has come out and wished the team well & Green has taken praise with a pinch of salt, whilst other nation's players have been having very public paddies - some not even about their own omission!!

Walcott has been very good about it ,

Anyway his beautiful wag and £££ must help take the pain away....

Capello's gone 19/23 for me.

Johnson for SWP

Walcott for Lennon

Parker for Carrick

Dawson for Upson

Apart from that, spot on.

21/23 for me. SWP has nowhere near the threat of Walcott, plus Parker for Carrick - Parker's busier in defence and I reckon he's got more running in him. I'm just glad Bent isn't going.

Interesting , I was reading the other day that in one of the training sessions in Austria where only a few journos were invited Walcott and Crouch did some separate training. Theo was asked to cross 50 balls for Crouchy to head at goal , apparantly Theo's crossing was :censored:e and most of them missed Crouch ,

Bloody big target to miss Walcott !

Do you even reckon Carrick over Parker, HTC?

Tough call for me, I'm not a big fan of Carrick but I remember Parker at Chelsea barely ever being able to get a game and not overly impressing when he did, although I appreciate he has had a good season for West Ham, difficult one tbh.