World Cup Thread

Can't see a generic world cup thread so created one.

Bugger me! New Zealand have just equalised! The Slovakia coach's face was an absolute picture, Slovakia had been murdering the New Zealanders all game then conceded an equaliser in the 93 minute!

Liquid world cup football!

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see a generic world cup thread so created one.

Bugger me! New Zealand have just equalised! The Slovakia coach's face was an absolute picture, Slovakia had been murdering the New Zealanders all game then conceded an equaliser in the 93 minute!

Liquid world cup football!

Slow start to the competition, but that last-gasp goal has encouraged me a little.

Slovakia were undoubtedly on top, but I think New Zealand can be incredibly proud of themselves. They worked hard and never gave up. Killen performed well before coming off (he didn't seem too happy about that!).

How ---- was Killen?

As the deepest part of a front three I thought he did well. Stopped the Slovaks from dominating from the back and contributed well to the frustration the Kiwis were trying to cause the clearly more talented Slovakians.

As the deepest part of a front three I thought he did well. Stopped the Slovaks from dominating from the back and contributed well to the frustration the Kiwis were trying to cause the clearly more talented Slovakians.

he should have scored twice and was rightly subbed, funny how we all see games differently. The midfielder Elliot? had a great game and is without a club, wonder if he fancies League One?

I thought he (Killen) was decent at Latics, the problem was getting him out onto the pitch. November/December 2004 was his purple patch but he looked his best towards the end of that season with Beckett alongside him. But now he looks even slower than he did and you can see why he only scored 3 in 17 for Boro.

Edited by oafcprozac

he should have scored twice and was rightly subbed, funny how we all see games differently. The midfielder Elliot? had a great game and is without a club, wonder if he fancies League One?

I thought he (Killen) was decent at Latics, the problem was getting him out onto the pitch. November/December 2004 was his purple patch but he looked his best towards the end of that season with Beckett alongside him. But now he looks even slower than he did and you can see why he only scored 3 in 17 for Boro.

He did waste a decent enough chance, can't deny that.

But I think all things considered he played well. You have to put into context the sides as a whole. Slovakia should have walked that game handsomely and it was thanks to players like Killen (and undoubtedly Elliott as you point out) that the Slovaks were unable to control the game.

No to mention it was Killen who lashed the ball away from goal when the 'keeper (who had an awful first half) inexplicably allowed it to bounce past him in the area!

Sweet mother of god what a hit.

Yep Ronaldo in a minute for you.

Cheats and gets a player booked. Hits a magnificent speculative shot.

If I'd have been reffing he'd have been off by now. Well, to be fair he'd have lasted shorter than a Uruguayan on National Kick Gordon Strachan Day.

Cronaldo has just been taken out by a big man then tried starting on him, luckily there are refs to stop that kind of thing, shame.

Does look like it is the Ivory Coast's plan to kick their way through this game.

Looks to me like the Portuguese intend to throw themselves on the floor at any given opportunity too though. I almost agree with Jim Beglin, which means I'm clearly wrong! :lol:

Looks to me like the Portuguese intend to throw themselves on the floor at any given opportunity too though. I almost agree with Jim Beglin, which means I'm clearly wrong! :lol:

If the ANC taught us nothing, it was that them there Africans have learnt the art of cheating too.

They might be bloody rubbish at it, but they'll give it a go.

But, what do you expect when as far as FIFA is concerned, cheating is not only expected but encouraged.

If he was 5 years younger I might have been tempted with Elliot but he's 36, so no not for me. I would be having a good look at the Kiwis though as quite a few of their first team play in New Zealand in the Aussie league, so won't be all that expensive and they looked well organised.

Portugal v. Ivory Coast was like watching a top of the Premier League game- the first priority of both sides was not to loose- so it ended up 0-0. Tim Cahill must be a bit gutted as there were a fair few challenges in that game which were worse than his and didn't get a yellow card, including one which looked almost identical.

So-called "Samba boys" just about holding their own. The Glorious People's Democratic Republic of Korea manager must be doing his nut at his team's complacent approach to this match.

Its all irrelevant anyway. No matter what they will return victorious world cup winners, having crushed the weak nations of the heathen world. Or at least that is what the news will say, whilst they are sent for life's hard labour for failure, as the people of the nation are convinced that they never actually existed.

That striker they have is pretty tasty though. Perhaps he can be convinced to lay for Oldham? Brainwashed nation of supporters, decenters condemned to exile by a power hungry tyrant... there are similarities??

:wink: