World Cup Thread

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mick McCarthy. Now there's a man who can make poetry sound like a list of building materials.

Loving his summarising though.

Ridiculous cards from the ref, but when you know the ref is a fussy Spaniard you don't go around tripping people from behind.

Mick McCarthy. Now there's a man who can make poetry sound like a list of building materials.

Loving his summarising though.

Ridiculous cards from the ref, but when you know the ref is a fussy Spaniard you don't go around tripping people from behind.

First one I can agree with as it was an accumulation of fouls.

The second was just a foul. Alright you might say don't give the ref the option, but other than subbing anyone on a yellow card I think you have to trust the ref not to just send players off for that.

On the other hand, he's German*, so sod him.

*Polish.

Knock in a few and we can put this qualification lark to bed if Slovenia keep going today.

That's true and we may not have to come top to avoid Germany (if we want too). It would be better to come top though as it gives us on paper an easier quarter final.

Interesting fact, for reasons of comparison, is that there are more players from the Championship (when you include last years teams of Newcastle and West Brom) than those from the SPL - 17/9.

Interesting but not surprising - the amount of goals Killen and Porter have at times scored up there, and the fact Gary Mac (bless him) plays in the SPL, speaks volumes.

Fecking terrible first half england!..........Rooney is a ghost!......How come these players never show their premier league form?

Needs 100% improvement :ranting:

Scared at the back is the main problem. I guess this is due to no pace, and why Carragher is ahead of Dawson God only knows. But it's running through the whole team.

Barry has played well. Erm, Gerrard has had an okay moment and Lennon has looked decent.

The rest, well, I don't think it needs to be said really.

Absolutely terrible. Like to see anyone claim that the Premier League is the best in the world after this masterclass in aimless, misplaced, punt-and-run passing.

I'd say it backs up the argument that there is a lack of English players in our top division than that the richest division (and therefore the one with the most talent) isn't right up there.

On the bright side, whatever the score, it is all in our own hands after this game.

Edited by OldhamSheridan