Rooney after match quote

+1

Six world cup games and no goal yet... He practically gave up for the last 30 mins... and then he insults the fans...

Having just spent a shed load to go over there I am pretty pissed off by what he said...

I don't care where you stand on booing players, if any performance deserved boos it was that one...

Nah. He's still our only hope.

Just put it down to what it was. A petulent rant by someone frustrated at what went on.

I do it after nigh on every Oldham game, so it isn't that big a crime.

NB. That peformance deserved a shooting squad not boo's.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree but the players appear to have thought they didnt need to turn up until the knockout phase the next game is a career breaker at international level. End of Road for many players if things go badly. Ages at next World Cup.

Lampard 36

Gerrard 34

Ferdinand 36

Caragher 36

Joe Cole 33

Emile Heskey 36

Shaun Wrigh Phillips 33

Cashley Cole 34

John Terry 34

Peter Crouch 33

Gareth Barry 33

Michael Owen 35

MICAH RICHARDS for ENGLAND...

we will still have David James in net though.

Nah. He's still our only hope.

Just put it down to what it was. A petulent rant by someone frustrated at what went on.

I do it after nigh on every Oldham game, so it isn't that big a crime.

NB. That peformance deserved a shooting squad not boo's.

Absolutely and like everyoneelse in that team he is playing with the weight of the world on his shoulders if your frightened to fail then you become frightened to try. To me everyone has been going overboard about the world cup believing our own hype, their isn't much dressing up that performance last night was woeful but it was more down to a pychological barrier than tactics or technique. We all saw last season a team at Boundary Park who looked inhibited by fear what we are seeing in South Africa is exactly the same just on a far bigger magnitude.

Exactly. I just dont get it. Week after week u moan about the whingers that slag off the players - yet here u are slagging off Rooney. He's our best player by a country mile and like Glossoplatic said, he's got the weight of the country on his shoulders. So he actually has the balls to speak up after getting booed and u scream for his head?! I wish some of the Latics players showed that much passion.

I for one will be screaming and balling all the way through the next match on Wednesday. And I'll probably hurl abuse at him if he does something wrong, but when his 4th goes in I hope u all get to your knees and beg his forgiveness, like ge was forced to beg for yours.

COME ON YOU LIONS!!!!!!!

Rant over. Yer bastards. X

Rooney an Lampard would be dropped if I was the boss.

4-5-1 on defence an then switch to 4-3-3 with the wingers pushing up to help in the attack.

Joe Cole on the left would be the next biggest change the team needs.

Why is he sticking with 4-4-2 when hardly any players play this formation for their clubs?

Damn I could do this 6 million quid job for a little cheaper...and I'll let the team know who's in the 11 the day before the game.

I hate the whole "we created the game" that doesnt mean anything, definately not that we are OWED to win the world cup when other teams (Argentina/Chile) are playing better, more fluid football.

It'd be like Ford saying they deserve car of the year every year 'cause they invented cars, while Ferrari/Porsche, who have made them faster/more attractive, aren't allowed to.

He couldn't do any worse than world class Rooney. Defoe would show more effort and desire

At some point between last match and next match, I would expect Rooney to realise that this could be his one chance to put himself alongside the historic greats of the game. Blow it now, have a poor season next season and he's the next Michael Owen.

The potential of that particular penny dropping means he has to start against Slovenia.

Anyway, the real problems in the team haven been somewhere between the back four and the front two. Lampard's gone missing, Barry wasn't match fit, Gerrard had a shocker, Lennon didn't threaten enough and Wright-Phillips simply isn't good enough.

The service to Rooney and Heskey has been poor.

At some point between last match and next match, I would expect Rooney to realise that this could be his one chance to put himself alongside the historic greats of the game. Blow it now, have a poor season next season and he's the next Michael Owen.

The potential of that particular penny dropping means he has to start against Slovenia.

Anyway, the real problems in the team haven been somewhere between the back four and the front two. Lampard's gone missing, Barry wasn't match fit, Gerrard had a shocker, Lennon didn't threaten enough and Wright-Phillips simply isn't good enough.

The service to Rooney and Heskey has been poor.

I see your point and agree, on the whole. However, Rooney's got some way to go to match Owen, a man who's scored 40 international goals, at nigh on one every other game, including goals on the biggest stage against top opposition.

If Rooney's fit, and given his two 'performances' I find it very hard to believe he can be, then it's very difficult to explain his World Cup form after the season he's had.

+1

Six world cup games and no goal yet... He practically gave up for the last 30 mins... and then he insults the fans...

Having just spent a shed load to go over there I am pretty pissed off by what he said...

I don't care where you stand on booing players, if any performance deserved boos it was that one...

I have no sympathy for those who paid to go over watching England. As far as I'm concerned they're the same as the pub viewing glory hunters, all getting behind the biggest sell-outs international football has ever seen, only they have the money and time to spare.

I have no sympathy for those who paid to go over watching England. As far as I'm concerned they're the same as the pub viewing glory hunters, all getting behind the biggest sell-outs international football has ever seen, only they have the money and time to spare.

Surprised you think that given most England fans follow lower league teams... but hey... I don't remember looking for sympathy...

Surprised you think that given most England fans follow lower league teams... but hey... I don't remember looking for sympathy...

Really? More fool them. :lol:

I didn't mean to be exclusively spiteful - I hope you enjoyed your trip aside from the football, and am sure you did.

And as for sympathy, I feel most sympathetic to myself for being without a national team deserving of support! Only the English could make football so tacky. :rolleyes:

So ur saying Rooney doesn't show passion? As we've said countless times on this site, you don't become a bad player overnight. He's had a couple of bad games. Good god it's a good job u don't suppport Italy, France or Germany, they actually lost! U would be demanding public birchings or something!

I reckon they'll turn it round on weds. It's their last chance and they know it. We never play particularly well in the groups, but when we're through we can start to play.

Dare I say it?

KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!!

Is there a hint of irony in the fact that all those criticising the team's performance are themselves eligible for the team, only they can't get on it due to their lack of ability and/or effort?

:peepwall:

You mean anyone English Or specifically thinking of players?

Edited by GlossopLatic

You mean anyone English Or specifically thinking of players?

The musing concerned anybody English, as that is the body of people the English national team supposedly represents.

Perhaps in years to come we'll be able to encompass Italians, Swedes or indeed anybody within that thought, as we look to banish '64 years of hurt', or whatever. :lol:

This scapegoating of Rooney is typical of so called England fans, who claim to pu tclub loyalties aside but as soon as things go wrong can't wait to blame the nearest United player.

Talk of dropping Rooney for Wednesday is, in my view, 5 days too late. It was blatantly obvious that Rooney wasn't fit, in fact on that performance I'd say no where near fit, 60% at best. It was so blatantly obvious that my mum commented on it 10 minutes in. Forget about dropping him for Wednesday - he shouldn't have been playing on Friday!

The musing concerned anybody English, as that is the body of people the English national team supposedly represents.

Perhaps in years to come we'll be able to encompass Italians, Swedes or indeed anybody within that thought, as we look to banish '64 years of hurt', or whatever. :lol:

Well we are quite open to this in the cricket and it seems to be paying off quite well :)

I wouldn't drop him...he knows where the net is, simple as that. However his rant was a bit stupid. That wasn't showing passion at all. It was being a dick. And I find it amusing that he, more than most, can slate loyalty when he's scored at Goodison Park in a scum shirt and gone kissing the badge at the fans. But alas this is Wayne Rooney...the boy who is so far removed from his roots, I'm surprised he's still kept his accent. It's about time Rooney The Man turned up now!