this Raoul Moat fella

creepy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Police helicopter can track his body heat during the day too.

I'm sure our majesty's finest know exactly what they are doing. :unsure:

I don't mean to suggest the police can't handle this, there's no evidence to suggest that isn't so.

But watching the manoeuvres they're having to do would it not make sense to send the Army in, under the command of the police?

They're specifically trained for this kind of search and capture process in armed situations...

I meant the British Army, not the American. :wink:

Fair point.

British Army: Raoul leaves in a bodybag, any hostages survive, no army casualties.

US Army: Everyone dies, including at least half the unit, even though it turns out they stormed the wrong barn hiding nothing more than a flock of sheep.

Fair point.

British Army: Raoul leaves in a bodybag, any hostages survive, no army casualties.

US Army: Everyone dies, including at least half the unit, even though it turns out they stormed the wrong barn hiding nothing more than a flock of sheep.

You forgot...

British Army: Torture a couple of people but get away with it.

US Army: Torture a :censored: load of people, still get away with it and steal away any personal liberty citizens have.

Fair point.

you forgot the film the American will make of it which turns out they saved all of the UK from this mad man

Police helicopter can track his body heat during the day too.

I'm sure our majesty's finest know exactly what they are doing. :unsure:

getting the deposit for next years summer hols with all the 'kin overtime... :blink:

:unsure:

well I'm sure...."looking for a lone mad gunman for 3 days, using the firearms teams from 5 neighbouring police forces"...wasn't a line in miscellaneous on this years expenditure budget for the jardie OB :blink:

just think how many doughnuts will have had to be provided as well... :shock:

well I'm sure...."looking for a lone mad gunman for 3 days, using the firearms teams from 5 neighbouring police forces"...wasn't a line in miscellaneous on this years expenditure budget for the jardie OB :blink:

just think how many doughnuts will have had to be provided as well... :shock:

Ahh, I thought you were implying that the police who were chasing a gunman who's said his sole aim was to kill coppers were just doing it for the overtime cash?

And 40 members of the Met's S019.

I know Northumberland is a big, empty place, but I can't help thinking they've got an awfully large number of police cannon fodder in there trying to do what an SAS platoon of six could do alone apart from some high tech recon backup.

Edited by garcon

I know Northumberland is a big, empty place, but I can't help thinking they've got an awfully large number of police cannon fodder in there trying to do what an SAS platoon of six could do alone apart from some high tech recon backup.

I said this yesterday :)

They should put a £250k bounty on his head and just let Joe Public flush him out. Surely some gangsters will see that as more profitable and less risky than an armed robbery or small time drug deal.