this Raoul Moat fella

creepy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Gazza story had to be a spoof but apparently not. He's turned up with a few cans and a fishing rod. He clearly sees this ending a lot better than anyone else does!

Don't forget the Cooked Chicken he brought too :wink:

Raoul Thomas Moat confirmed dead

Dated: 10 Jul 2010

This is an update following the incident in Rothbury earlier today in which a man believed to be Raoul Thomas Moat, 37, from Newcastle died.

At around 7pm this evening, police discovered a man fitting the description of Moat near the riverbank in the Rothbury area. When he was discovered he was armed.

Expert negotiators were brought in to speak to him. For several hours negotiators were working to apprehend Moat safely.

At around 1.15am, from information available at the moment, it appears the suspect shot himself. No gunshots were fired by police officers. At around 2.20am he was pronounced dead at hospital.

Here's his interview to some radio show. It's all very, very sad and pathetic really. The whole thing is like something out of The Day Today.

Sweet Jesus. It's not often i feel sorry for the police but surely the last thing you need, hours into a standoff with a homicidal psychopath with a sawn off shotgun and a tenth of all the armed police in the country, is Gazza turning up pissed with chicken and beer and a fishing rod.

A predictably sad end to a horrible situation, but thank God it was only himself that he killed. Can't help but wonder if his own mother telling the press "he'd be better off dead" might help explain how he turned out the way he did.

you have got to give Gazza credit, his heart was in the right place, he was only trying to help

His heart's always been in the right place, unfortunately his head isn't. i know people who knew him during his time at Everton and they say he's one of the nicest, most generous people you could wish to meet,but his overwhelming need for people to like him means he's all too easily taken advantage of by gold-diggers and hangers-on.

Who here can say that they wouldn't want to go fishing with Gazza, share a can of lager and wear a big fluffy dressing gown?

Me. I've given up fishing - took me a long time to realise it, but it's :censored:e.

I'd have a kickabout and few Special Brews with him though.

Can't help but wonder if his own mother telling the press "he'd be better off dead" might help explain how he turned out the way he did.

If for no other reason than to annoy Maddog with amateur psychology, apparently his taped rant was all about how he never had a father etc. But then I suppose we guessed he didn't have a happy childhood anyway.

If for no other reason than to annoy Maddog with amateur psychology, apparently his taped rant was all about how he never had a father etc. But then I suppose we guessed he didn't have a happy childhood anyway.

he had access to newspapers aswell with his own mother saying ''he is better off dead''

Raoul Moat was let down off the system, he should never have got out of prison, while he was a threat to his ex partner

and his ex bird is a headwrecking little :censored:

I think the officers who fired the tasers at Moat might now be in a bit of bother, it has now been confirmed he was tasered before he shot himself . So the guy has held a shot gun to his own neck for 6 hours and they then taser him whilst his fingers on the trigger which then forces his body to spasm with 50,000 volts running through him, causing him to blow his own head off.

I think the looney man would have caused absolute chaos if he wasnt caught last night, he was still walking in and out of the town centre with absolutely no fear and thankfully no more innocent people were harmed.

His EX Mrs will probably get a lot of grief now for the way she messed with an already fooked up heed causing him to self destruct as she knew what he was capable of.

I think the officers who fired the tasers at Moat might now be in a bit of bother, it has now been confirmed he was tasered before he shot himself . So the guy has held a shot gun to his own neck for 6 hours and they then taser him whilst his fingers on the trigger which then forces his body to spasm with 50,000 volts running through him, causing him to blow his own head off.

I think the looney man would have caused absolute chaos if he wasnt caught last night, he was still walking in and out of the town centre with absolutely no fear and thankfully no more innocent people were harmed.

His EX Mrs will probably get a lot of grief now for the way she messed with an already fooked up heed causing him to self destruct as she knew what he was capable of.

he had no intentions of hurting the general public (even though he might have hinted at it) why would he have caused chaos just last night and not any of the other 6 nights he was there?

one of Rothburys most well known hiding places and the police didnt go near it! what a joke!

he had no intentions of hurting the general public (even though he might have hinted at it) why would he have caused chaos just last night and not any of the other 6 nights he was there?

one of Rothburys most well known hiding places and the police didnt go near it! what a joke!

He was a walking time bomb, tired, hungry, pissed off with life, nothing to lose. I wouldnt have put anything past somebody who is in no mental state to think straight with two guns in their possesion.

I agree with the second comment though, the top cops from forces all around the country are searching for the madman and he is in a new bloody drain underneath the village, where all the kids hide out. Did they not talk to any locals.

God knows what has gone on, but I dare say most of us have had our heads wrecked a bit by boy/girlfriends without going on the rampage for a week, and the way he has carried on does lead me to think that maybe she had reason to get away. He seems to have been a bit of a queer fish, so to speak. Why they tazered him before he topped himself is another question though. If he had turned his gun on them I presume they would have (quite rightly) have just shot him for real.

He was a walking time bomb, tired, hungry, pissed off with life, nothing to lose. I wouldnt have put anything past somebody who is in no mental state to think straight with two guns in their possesion.

I agree with the second comment though, the top cops from forces all around the country are searching for the madman and he is in a new bloody drain underneath the village, where all the kids hide out. Did they not talk to any locals.

if he was a walking time bomb, he would have shot innocent people whilst being chased down the HIGH STREET before he was cornered

its a sad end, when really he should still be in prison

and now with the tazor revelation, this story is far from over

From the guardian:

Gascoigne's agent, Kenny Shepherd, said: "He's doing what? I am sitting having an evening meal in Majorca. I'm speechless."

I'm guessing quite a lot of Kenny Shepherd's phone conversations start with the words "He's doing what?"