Trust sponsoring a local football team

leeslover

I'm pretty sure I remember something, is it a matter of playing with words? Have the Trust ever given financial support to any local football team?

No.

The Trust have asked the club to provide any old kit for local teams both here and abroad. The Trust have supported the Boundary Blues when there old tracksuits were redundant so they could be given to a local childrens team via the Community Trust. (Money used for this was done so with a donation by me from money I raised)

No.

The Trust have asked the club to provide any old kit for local teams both here and abroad. The Trust have supported the Boundary Blues when there old tracksuits were redundant so they could be given to a local childrens team via the Community Trust. (Money used for this was done so with a donation by me from money I raised)

Well, allow me to stop you before you ask the question of why you should explain yourself for all the work you have done without expecting praise. I am really wuite certain that there was an announcement at some time that the Trust was supporting a local team. I was wrong about something once, I can't imagine it happening again. Certainly not on this subject. Maybe the announcement was bull:censored: and a spin on the above.

Well, allow me to stop you before you ask the question of why you should explain yourself for all the work you have done without expecting praise. I am really wuite certain that there was an announcement at some time that the Trust was supporting a local team. I was wrong about something once, I can't imagine it happening again. Certainly not on this subject. Maybe the announcement was bull:censored: and a spin on the above.

No, you are wrong on this subject. I understand your frustration that the trust would not financial support the fans team with fees for hiring pitches a number of years ago and the buying of any kit before old kit from the club was made available for you.

The reason we cant sponsor any local team of fans is that if we sponsor one, we would then have to sponsor others or this would not seem fair on other fans who wanted support for their team or organisation.

HHey LL Stop mixing the muck and offer me £380 and i'll put your name on 14 hairy, sweaty young/old mens chests!!

Put up or shut up i guess!!

From what I hear you will happily throw your muck over any number of sweaty young men for free, why would I pay you to engage in your hobby?

No, you are wrong on this subject. I understand your frustration that the trust would not financial support the fans team with fees for hiring pitches a number of years ago and the buying of any kit before old kit from the club was made available for you.

The reason we cant sponsor any local team of fans is that if we sponsor one, we would then have to sponsor others or this would not seem fair on other fans who wanted support for their team or organisation.

No, my frustration was with the lies that you told me about it. The club have always been very good with the fans team, which has nothing to do with the Trust. It's been some time since I was actively involved with the fans team, it's more about wanting to get to the truth, as you told me that the reason the team couldn't be supported was that the Trust existed to put money away for a rainy day.

I'm actually thinking that it might have been the club who offered support to a local team around the time Failsworth was mooted, it was a while ago.

Edited by leeslover

No, my frustration was with the lies that you told me about it. The club have always been very good with the fans team, which has nothing to do with the Trust. It's been some time since I was actively involved with the fans team, it's more about wanting to get to the truth, as you told me that the reason the team couldn't be supported was that the Trust existed to put money away for a rainy day.

I'm actually thinking that it might have been the club who offered support to a local team around the time Failsworth was mooted, it was a while ago.

OAFC with failsworth dynamos?

No worries, the request was made to the club for old kit after Mark made the request for the fans team to have either its strip bought or fees paid for hiring the pitches.

Mark made the request and it was also backed up by someone else from the trust to Alan for any spare strip.

I told you the reason as mentioned earlier why the money couldnt be made available, if the trust supported one team it would have to support other wgo asked and the money we had was to support the club.!

IIRC Phil was speaking to a family members company about sponsoring the kit and that is when Mark C requested we pay the £600+ pitch fees that were expected for the season.

The club have supported a few local clubs with kit.