"SWIMMING POOL BLACKED OUT TO APPEASE MUSLIMS!"

Matt

READY YOUR PENS OF RAGE!!!!

100706exp.jpg

http://is.gd/drMMc

Pauline Poole, a 65-year-old retired legal secretary from Walsall, said:“I returned to swimming after a cataracts operation and was looking forward to watching the lovely trees outside while swimming. But it reminded me of just how it felt before my operation. It was like looking at a horrible cloudy view. I’m so angry."

Retired building surveyor John Ewart, 63, from Walsall, said: “I cannot believe this council has agreed to something so loony. The whole thing smacks of political correctness gone stark raving mad."

A spokeswoman for Walsall Council said the complaints had come not only from the Muslim community but non-Muslim women had also objected
- so in other words, people.

Anyway, Tabloid Watch was on the case pretty quickly thankfully, and debunks the story completely - The Express, as usual ran a :censored:e story based on nothing for the racist idiots to fume over.

http://tabloid-watch.blogspot.com/2010/07/...ool-forces.html

From the letters page of Monday's Daily Mail, in response to the 'swimming pool cover-up' story:

What is this country coming to when the windows of a public swimming pool in Walsall are blacked out to protect the modesty of Muslim women?

We seem to be letting Muslims take over this country. We appear to be afraid to upset them.

If they don't like the way we lead our lives, let them go and live in a country that panders to their religion.

We are a Christian country, our laws and way of life are built on our religion.

I'm not racist, but I'm getting fed up with opening the newspaper every day to read that we're bowing and scraping to the Muslim community.

Would they get so much freedom of speech in Afghanistan? I doubt it.

Gullable idiots.

It is quite shocking how the media seem to get away with this stuff on such a consistent basis... I suppose there is just such a big appetite for it in the public which is equally as shocking...

Most swimming pools I have been to in the last 10 years do this on their windows. Mostly private gyms, haven't been to a public pool in a long time.

"I'm not racist, but ......" I bet Hitler's speech at the Nuremberg rally started with that phrase. I assumed it was going to be a story from the Daily Mash when i saw the thread title. What are people complaining for? Why are they so keen to have people see them in the swimming pool? Exhibitionist weirdos. Russell Howard summed up the Daily Express pretty well: "DON'T GO OUTSIDE! IT'S FULL OF BLACKS, QUEERS AND CRIME! Oh, if only Diana was still here..."

I think we're missing the important issue here. Why did Geri fly into a rage with her lover?

Apparently, and I only know this because the missus left the page open in Chat or Best or whatever collage fodder she was reading at the time, the bloke was checking out some tidy ass on another bird as she walked past and Geri clocked him. A finger in the chest and an embarrassing broad daylight petty argument ensued. Much to the amusement of paparazzi and onlookers alike.

Apparently, and I only know this because the missus left the page open in Chat or Best or whatever collage fodder she was reading at the time, the bloke was checking out some tidy ass on another bird as she walked past and Geri clocked him. A finger in the chest and an embarrassing broad daylight petty argument ensued. Much to the amusement of paparazzi and onlookers alike.

Strange the Pap's made me laugh today. In fact the news made me laugh THREE TIMES.

(1). Rooney's trial. The paparazzi bloke so busy taking photo's he failed to notice the Laurel & Hardyesque bollard behind him.

(2). The newsreporter saying 'Floral :censored:es" instead of "Floral bouquets".

(3) The bloke saying I watched Moat's situation "on Sky Sports news".

Strange the Pap's made me laugh today. In fact the news made me laugh THREE TIMES.

(1). Rooney's trial. The paparazzi bloke so busy taking photo's he failed to notice the Laurel & Hardyesque bollard behind him.

(2). The newsreporter saying 'Floral :censored:es" instead of "Floral bouquets".

(3) The bloke saying I watched Moat's situation "on Sky Sports news".

To be fair, once Gazza appeared it was probably covered by SSN.

• 4 weeks later...