Charlton away + pre-season(ish) drinks

Markoasis

No time like the present to start getting excited about the first OASIS outing of the season that should see the welcome return to these shores from Leeslover and the rite of passage ceremony for at least one new member of the tribe.

Proposal of a meet at our usual watering hole at near London Bridge before heading to Woolwich for a few more scoops near the ground pre-game.

Additionally anyone fancy meeting for a few beers in the next few weeks for a pre-season (oasis pre-season that is) drinks ?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No time like the present to start getting excited about the first OASIS outing of the season that should see the welcome return to these shores from Leeslover and the rite of passage ceremony for at least one new member of the tribe.

Proposal of a meet at our usual watering hole at near London Bridge before heading to Woolwich for a few more scoops near the ground pre-game.

Additionally anyone fancy meeting for a few beers in the next few weeks for a pre-season (oasis pre-season that is) drinks ?

Chandos or the George will work out well. Could do both. One before and one after? Why Woolwich? I thought we got off at Charlton last year? Round the corner from the ground.

Lazing around from next week onwards, when not working a foreigner for the Ed Miliband leadership campaign. How's about Thursday 12th for pre-season scoops? Or...DUH DUH DUH...Friday 13th?

Last time I looked at my passport it said I was born in Rochdale :unsure:

Mine say's I was born in Manchester if you want to be pedantic about it! :wink:

That said, after a very heavy weekend in Kendal and not being paid until the end of the month there's no way I can afford the £70 for the train, £20 for the ticket and the £100+ for beer.

So you can remain the token and pedantic northerner.

That said, after a very heavy weekend in Kendal and not being paid until the end of the month there's no way I can afford the £70 for the train, £20 for the ticket and the £100+ for beer.

And that is where the £8 National Express return, £5 for an u18 ticket (a shave and avoidance of looking at the turnstile operator) and being a tad of a lightweight are particularly welcome...

Edited by jsslatic

And that is where the £8 National Express return, £5 for an u18 ticket (a shave and avoidance of looking at the turnstile operator) and being a tad of a lightweight are particularly welcome...

Makes the 2905 dirhams I just paid for my ticket look like poor value. Mind you, there's no complimentary booze on the coach :wink:

Mine say's I was born in Manchester if you want to be pedantic about it! :wink:

So you can remain the token and pedantic northerner.

Megabus.

£165+ for beer.

My priorities lie with not having my knees blown out by the bank's heavies at the moment mate.

Don't get paid my first wage until the end of the month and the dole has already stopped. Timed to coincide with the Cumbrian shenanigans that has left me perilously close to the brink.

Where are your priorities?

Your alternative is to go to the JSS Booze School for a week before you come. Then £1.50 is more than enough beer fund...

A fine establishment. The overheads are minimal and although it is full board, there is no need for bedrooms as we just doze off wherever we are sitting after the fourth pint.

Though medical costs and cleaning bills can be expensive.

A fine establishment. The overheads are minimal and although it is full board, there is no need for bedrooms as we just doze off wherever we are sitting after the fourth pint.

Though medical costs and cleaning bills can be expensive.

Ryans remarkably quiet on this one. I'm not sure Roxy will be the same without him. She doesn't like one on ones.

My wkend has just freed up slightly. Tranmere's getting tempting...

Ryans remarkably quiet on this one. I'm not sure Roxy will be the same without him. She doesn't like one on ones.

I can't see him missing out on this one. He's far too manly to be pussy-whipped into staying at home painting the spare room.

Isn't he? :unsure:

My priorities lie with not having my knees blown out by the bank's heavies at the moment mate.

Don't get paid my first wage until the end of the month and the dole has already stopped. Timed to coincide with the Cumbrian shenanigans that has left me perilously close to the brink.

Drop the bloody KTF from my username and I'll give you a tenner, and a Stitch loan on top if you like....

Do it.

(That applies to Ryan for the former comment, Alex for the latter)

Edited by jsslatic

Hi Fellas,

Oldham supporter in Southend here. I thought I would make the trip to Charlton in a few weeks but i'm on my tod. I don't mind so to speak, but it would be good to meet a few people on here for pre-match drinks?

cheers

Aaron

Crazy fool.

Looks like we will be departing from some train station at some time or another after getting pre-drunk in some pub. Plans are at an unusually advanced stage for an OASIS event. Something will emerge no doubt...

Crazy fool.

Looks like we will be departing from some train station at some time or another after getting pre-drunk in some pub. Plans are at an unusually advanced stage for an OASIS event. Something will emerge no doubt...

haha well I'll keep my eye on it here, and then closer to the time a phone number or 2 as you are all complete strangers to me. Am I safe?