Charlton away + pre-season(ish) drinks

Markoasis

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine say's I was born in Manchester if you want to be pedantic about it! :wink:

That said, after a very heavy weekend in Kendal and not being paid until the end of the month there's no way I can afford the £70 for the train, £20 for the ticket and the £100+ for beer.

So you can remain the token and pedantic northerner.

It was heavy in Kendal. And messy. And god damn quality.

I'm visiting Mrs Slash Slash for the weekend for this game, so I'll take your place as token.

It looks like an advance part are mobbing up at the Chandos, a Sam Smith's pub a mere stone's throw from Charing Cross station, at around 12. All welcome, even Northerners. PM me if you want a number, although most likely I will have left my phone in storage at the Abu Dhabi Crowne Plaza and I will actually be asleep beneath a hedge in Bournemouth or a jail in Litchfield anyway.

It looks like an advance part are mobbing up at the Chandos, a Sam Smith's pub a mere stone's throw from Charing Cross station, at around 12. All welcome, even Northerners. PM me if you want a number, although most likely I will have left my phone in storage at the Abu Dhabi Crowne Plaza and I will actually be asleep beneath a hedge in Bournemouth or a jail in Litchfield anyway.

Relying on Lees for organisation is never good.

However - the plan is afoot (until we change our mind about a day before) Chandos Charing Cross for 12pm. Bonzer. Two initiations, my nipper's head-wetting, Leeslovers return, Token 'northerner' and the first Oasis shin-dig of the year.... defo cause for a midday start. No latecomers now.

Plus if we start at 12, JSS will be hammered by 12.15. Giving us extra time for amusement.

:)

However - the plan is afoot (until we change our mind about a day before) Chandos Charing Cross for 12pm. Bonzer. Two initiations, my nipper's head-wetting, Leeslovers return, Token 'northerner' and the first Oasis shin-dig of the year.... defo cause for a midday start. No latecomers now.

Plus if we start at 12, JSS will be hammered by 12.15. Giving us extra time for amusement.

haha sounds like a laugh. New guy on the way :)

Ahh man, I don't wanna miss the head wetting! But I'm astonishingly skint.

I may make a last minute change of heart. We'll see.

Ahh man, I don't wanna miss the head wetting! But I'm astonishingly skint.

I may make a last minute change of heart. We'll see.

I wasn't joking about paying you in. I'm sure if humiliation is included you can count on a night out without putting your hand in your pocket!

He's threatening to play out later on as well. Can we run a spread bet on the time and location of his first snooze?

Ryan - are you in?

I'd make it an open-three-way (oohh errr).

1. How many times will JSS fall asleep.

2. Will Zorrro's boss allow him to play out with his friends.

3. Will Ackey's burgeoning alcoholism overwhelm his common sense and poorness and drag him down on the night bus.

Place your bets now.

I'd make it an open-three-way (oohh errr).

1. How many times will JSS fall asleep.

2. Will Zorrro's boss allow him to play out with his friends.

3. Will Ackey's burgeoning alcoholism overwhelm his common sense and poorness and drag him down on the night bus.

Place your bets now.

A comprehensive opening card for Charlton

JSS to fall asleep prior to kick off 100/1

JSS to spill beer or food on him before full time 3/1

JSS to fall asleep before 7pm 10/1

JSS to fall asleep on transport 1/5

JSS to not make it to Leeslovers minibar 1/10

Zorro's boss to not let him out 2/1

Zorro to turn up unannounced 100/1

Zorro to decide he can come to football without booze and make a cheap day of it only to end up getting a taxi home at 2am 5/1

Bigfin to miss the last train home 2/1

Markoasis to turn up at The George when everyone else is meeting at Chandos Evens

Markoasis to miss the train even when walking in a bigger group 2/1

Markoasis to be late for pre-match drinks following a haircut in Soho 1/5

Edited by latic12345

I'll pay him in if he wears the shorts I will bring for him.

You coming Mr KTF?

I'll continue to bide my time in responding to this, striving to ascertain for certain exactly who will and who won't be wearing shorts.

Nice to know! :) I drink abit but I'm not a big drinker. Am I going to stick out like a sore thumb and be bullied mercilessly for my sins? ;)

I hate to be critical of a good crowd, but these lot do like a good drink. I'm yet to see Lees in full flow but JSS is a piss head as far as I'm concerned. We're talking here about a man who snubbed Roger Palmer to go for a pint, and yet you've seen the derision still thrown his way.

I'll continue to bide my time in responding to this, striving to ascertain for certain exactly who will and who won't be wearing shorts.

I will wear them. Over my jeans.

I hate to be critical of a good crowd, but these lot do like a good drink. I'm yet to see Lees in full flow but JSS is a piss head as far as I'm concerned. We're talking here about a man who snubbed Roger Palmer to go for a pint, and yet you've seen the derision still thrown his way.

To be fair, that was only his second pint and he had a little nap afterwards.

I will wear them. Over my jeans.

That a Manc thing?

The funny thing was it was an absolutely dire game and the half time showing of big R was the only thing worth going for and he missed it! :lol:

Not funny Ackey, the last time I saw The Dodger was during the heady days of me wearing shorts to every match.