PlayerShare - The Details

wardlelatic

The Latics PlayerShare has gone from strength to strength over the last 2 weeks.

So far we have had 30 NEW supporters who have set up Standing Orders with their Banks to pay into the scheme.

Late last week, Life long fan Mr Jack Gordon spoke to Trust Oldham after reading the Open letter to the fans and then hearing about the Latics PlayerShare scheme.

Mr Gordon wanted to help, he asked how it was possible to make a contribution to the scheme and wanted to know more about how it would work.

On speaking to Mr Gordon and understanding his passion for Oldham Athletic, Barry Owen invited him to the club today, Thursday 5th Aug to Present his donation to the Management Team of a cheque for £1000

Full Deatils of The PlayerShare Scheme Leaflet. download the brochure at the bottom of the page.

The Latics PlayerShare fund is now over £5,000

Leaflets and emails about the Scheme are now available on the Trust Website - www.trustoldham.co.uk. Leaflets will also be handed out at the first home game and within the first Match Programme of the New Season.

Banks won't accept that standing order mandate. It needs to clarify when payments should commence. I'd suggest a re-wording is needed.

The minimum payment is £1 a week or £4 a month. Larger contributions are more than welcome.

Standing order mandate

My sort code:

My account number:

Please pay £______ to account number 10176018, sort code16-27-11 each week / month (delete as appropriate)

commencing on ____ / _____/ _____ (please enter date) until further notice.

Signed

____________________________ (account holder)

Date: ____ / _____/ _____

I'd also suggest this page looks to attract bigger contributions. The line "Playershare is open to all fans who wish to set up a Standing Order of £1 a week." could be reworded to say something like "Playershare is open to all fans with a minimum contribution of just £1 a week. Many fans are contributing £2 a week / £10 a month and there is no limit!".

Nice phrases like "less than the cost of a pint" or "instead of buying lunch at work, make a sandwich at home and take part in Playershare with the money you save" may also appeal.

Edited by opinions4u

The Latics PlayerShare has gone from strength to strength over the last 2 weeks.

So far we have had 30 NEW supporters who have set up Standing Orders with their Banks to pay into the scheme.

Late last week, Life long fan Mr Jack Gordon spoke to Trust Oldham after reading the Open letter to the fans and then hearing about the Latics PlayerShare scheme.

Mr Gordon wanted to help, he asked how it was possible to make a contribution to the scheme and wanted to know more about how it would work.

On speaking to Mr Gordon and understanding his passion for Oldham Athletic, Barry Owen invited him to the club today, Thursday 5th Aug to Present his donation to the Management Team of a cheque for £1000

Full Deatils of The PlayerShare Scheme Leaflet. download the brochure at the bottom of the page.

The Latics PlayerShare fund is now over £5,000

Leaflets and emails about the Scheme are now available on the Trust Website - www.trustoldham.co.uk. Leaflets will also be handed out at the first home game and within the first Match Programme of the New Season.

how many people have signed up to this scheme?

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like to contribute, but I'm living overseas, so it's impossible for me to set up a standing order.

I'll be home briefly over New Year. Would it be possible to donate cold, hard cash?

Cheers,

KC

Hi. Sorry only just seen this reply.

You can donate at any time. PayPay, Cheque or cash when you are next over.

Anyone wishing to donate via Pay Pal. Please use trustoldham2004@googlemail.com to send your money.

We hope to announce that the fund as £7,000 very soon !

Any questions, please PM me .. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can i just check I am going to donate to player share can I paypal funds to trustoldham2004@googlemail.com is this correct??

I dont want to set up a mandate as I will donate £50 some months and £5 others as I cant guarentee what funds I am going to have because of the job i have

Pretty sure I will be the only Arsenal fan donating! My affliation with the club started when I met my girlfriend who lived at the time in Oldham, the family are all Latics or City fans and still live in Failsworth but I now travel 240mile round trips on a regular basis and love Oldham what a would call a proper football club

Many Thanks

Can i just check I am going to donate to player share can I paypal funds to trustoldham2004@googlemail.com is this correct??

I dont want to set up a mandate as I will donate £50 some months and £5 others as I cant guarentee what funds I am going to have because of the job i have

Pretty sure I will be the only Arsenal fan donating! My affliation with the club started when I met my girlfriend who lived at the time in Oldham, the family are all Latics or City fans and still live in Failsworth but I now travel 240mile round trips on a regular basis and love Oldham what a would call a proper football club

Many Thanks

<cough>Simon Corney<cough>

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does the playshare have a kitty they would be willing to buy 2 tickets with as a trial? The club at least seem willing to play ball on this, i will continue to talk to them about it as well, did this get brought up at AGM??

Morning Dean

I’m not sure if Alan has answered you but I think he’s away from the Club at the moment. I’ve often thought of how we could run competitions using the “lowest unique bid” system, they’re usually done on a fee added to the mobile message which would be too expensive for the club to set up. Your idea should work as long as you can spread the word wide enough. There is no reason, of course, why your idea can’t be run from the Trust/Playershare side and the Hospitality tickets just purchased from the club. If Alan gives you the go ahead to run it from the club shop, you would need to provide a sealed box for the slips (they would only need “bid”, “name” and “phone number” on them) and a cash tin.

Signed shirts would be fine also but fans on the bench and in the dressing room, I think, is a no no.

PS Don’t forget the VAT!

Does the playshare have a kitty they would be willing to buy 2 tickets with as a trial? The club at least seem willing to play ball on this, i will continue to talk to them about it as well, did this get brought up at AGM??

Morning Dean

I'm not sure if Alan has answered you but I think he's away from the Club at the moment. I've often thought of how we could run competitions using the "lowest unique bid" system, they're usually done on a fee added to the mobile message which would be too expensive for the club to set up. Your idea should work as long as you can spread the word wide enough. There is no reason, of course, why your idea can't be run from the Trust/Playershare side and the Hospitality tickets just purchased from the club. If Alan gives you the go ahead to run it from the club shop, you would need to provide a sealed box for the slips (they would only need "bid", "name" and "phone number" on them) and a cash tin.

Signed shirts would be fine also but fans on the bench and in the dressing room, I think, is a no no.

PS Don't forget the VAT!

Thanks LaticDickovArmy for the great suggestion and making the initial enquiry to Latics too.

The playershare scheme is fans money for players only and we are adamant that we do not "dip into" this account to help fund ideas/admin costs etc. If there are any costs involved then its usually a committee member who funds it out of their own pocket. Such as Lags has done with the pin badges.

However, as this idea has raised interest at the club, I have forwarded your fantastic idea to others on the committee as we overlooked it last night - sorry my fault as we had other suggestions beforehand and we were nearly in the pub all night - phew thirsty work and all.

Please be patient and we will get back in touch with you and of course, others who had questions, ideas, suggestions as I am 100% in giving feedback to all who have took the time in approaching us.

Thanks again

T