• Dale Stephens
    • Ritchie Jones
    • Lewis Allessandra
    • Oumare Tounkare
    • Djeny Bembo-Leta
    • Dean Kelly
    • Chris Taylor
    • Kirk Millar

Brill - 7 - he scares the hell out of me with crosses and his defence don't seem to know what to expect. His excellent point blank save first half was a result of not coming to collect a cross! He did, however, make the saves that he had to.

Lee - 8 - wasn't necessarily his best game, and he was getting stretched by their wide man, then he popped up with a great run to finish off the move he started for the third.

Black - 9 - found himself marking Hughes a lot and got the better of him too. This lad is really progressing.

Jarrett - 8 - comfortable on the ball, but still occasionally suspect in the crunch tackles which will lead to us conceding goals.

Hazell - 10 - immense display today, I thought he made all the right calls, which built the confidence in front of him.

Jones - 8 - improvement on last week, winning some key possession and looking after it well. I still think his place in the side is there for Taylor to claim.

Alessandra - 7 - it was "nearly" day for Lewis. So many times he nearly delivered, but his first touch wasn't quite there. It will be next week though.

Furman - 9 - great strike for the goal (the cream on the cake of some great possession) but we did have moments where we were second best in the middle of the park.

Stephens -9 - occasional over-hit corners, but he continues to grow as a player and is our main influence in the middle.

Tounkare - 7 - he's a donkey. Runs like a duck. But I'll take a donkey who can finish like that! I suspect he'll get better.

Bembo-Leta - 9 - I thought he ran and ran, gave their defence problems and some. Rather impressed after a disappointing friendly v Preston.

I did think the win at Tranmere was a better performance.

Edited by opinions4u

Knew everyone would go Furman...great goal and hussling but some others shone for me between Jones and Jarret

Jones very much improved from last week.

Furman for the goal and finish for me. Thought Stephens, Toucan, Lee also had very good games.

Its hard to believe that this is almost the same team as last year only 3 new players, Toucan, Jones, Jarrett !

i thought oumare tounkare played really well today, so i'm surprised by your judgement, although in my opinion, your ratings are generally far too high

Are you referring to my ratings? :wink:

I've baseed them against last season!

Edited by opinions4u

Every one played really well but I thought Ritchie Jones showed some fantastic touches and really good link up play. Great to see Furman finally score first goal and it was an amazing move by everyone to be honest though Brill scared me with crosses but still made some very good saves. All round good day and good performance now for 3 points at the Valley.

Brill - 7 - he scares the hell out of me with crosses and his defence don't seem to know what to expect. His excellent point blank save first half was a result of not coming to collect a cross! He did, however, make the saves that he had to.

Lee - 8 - wasn't necessarily his best game, and he was getting stretched by their wide man, then he popped up with a great run to finish off the move he started for the third.

Black - 9 - found himself marking Hughes a lot and got the better of him too. This lad is really progressing.

Jarrett - 8 - comfortable on the ball, but still occasionally suspect in the crunch tackles which will lead to us conceding goals.

Hazell - 10 - immense display today, I thought he made all the right calls, which built the confidence in front of him.

Jones - 8 - improvement on last week, winning some key possession and looking after it well. I still think his place in the side is there for Taylor to claim.

Alessandra - 7 - it was "nearly" day for Lewis. So many times he nearly delivered, but his first touch wasn't quite there. It will be next week though.

Furman - 9 - great strike for the goal (the cream on the cake of some great possession) but we did have moments where we were second best in the middle of the park.

Stephens -9 - occasional over-hit corners, but he continues to grow as a player and is our main influence in the middle.

Tounkare - 7 - he's a donkey. Runs like a duck. But I'll take a donkey who can finish like that! I suspect he'll get better.

Bembo-Leta - 9 - I thought he ran and ran, gave their defence problems and some. Rather impressed after a disappointing friendly v Preston.

I did think the win at Tranmere was a better performance.

Agree with chunks of what you say there; but some of the ratings I’d disagree with somewhat; Reuben 10? Bembo-Lita 9? Really? Ah well; people see things slightly differently don’t they?

For me; the MoTM was Richie Jones – I felt he was a threat in the air the whole time he was on the pitch and gave an Ex-Prem LB in Harley a real going over. He was comfortable and assured in possession; rarely wasted a pass and linked up very well with Lee behind him & Stephens to the side of him. After some OK showings in pre-season; that was a performance to show what he really can produce.

For me; special mentions do go to the 2 CB’s – and the goal scorer’s too obviously.

Cracking game; enjoyed it thoroughly.

hard to choose. I picked Furman, due to his vast improvement over last years performances not just because of the goal. I thought he used the ball well and put himself about in the middle.

Hazell was outstanding also but he won it last week. Tounkara showed touches of quality for his goal and to set one up.