Daft Things That Make Your Blood Boil!

steveoafc

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kids playing adults in adverts, I almost bought a Vauxhall - but out of principal didn't.

The Go Compare man.

Vicious dog breed owners. Seriously, they bring nothing to you, get a collie.

Grey hairs.

Grey pubes.

And living on the street I do, I can only agree with the corruption that brings about "people who build buildings too high but get away with it . . . "

And another one.....

5. Small cars parked next to big cars. I'm sick of driving around car parks thinking there is a space next to a big car, only to find a :censored:ty Panda is there.

lol Yeah! Right with you on that one. Fwuck small cars up the exhaust pipe with a double decker bus!

Here's mine off the top of my head:

1)People who always say "could care less" when they mean "couldn't care less". "Could care less" would mean you DO care. Get it right thicko!

2)Apostrophe abuse

3)Women who feel the need to critique every little aspect of your driving while you chauffeur them around

4)Women who can't give directions properly whilst you drive.

Me: Which way. Left, right or straight on?

Her: This way (points):petesake:

5)Wayne Rooney's interviews. Erm....erm....erm....

6)Somebody already mentioned dickheads at roundabouts who come to a full stop even though the coast is clear

7)This one might be controversial because everyone on the road seems to do it but me:

Scenario > I'm at a junction waiting to turn right onto a main road. Another car is currently on the main road waiting to turn right onto my street.

Instead of going past my car a little (while he waits) and making a near 90 degree turn when the coast is clear, he cuts across my car (coming to within inches of my bonnet) at a 45 degree turn from his initial retreated position.

a )I don't see why he has to get that close to my car

b )I can't move even slightly till he has joined my street completely, and by that time the coast may not be clear still

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

That stupid accent that many people who go to Uni pick up after being there a day - you all know the one, it's bland, sort of little posh and at the end of every sentence the pitch increases (like someone out of Neighbours) so it sounds like they've asked a question.

Edited by Yard Dog

That stupid accent that many people who go to Uni pick up after being there a day - you all know the one, it's bland, sort of little posh and at the end of every sentence the pitch increases (like someone out of Neighbours) so it sounds like they've asked a question.

Sat in a restaurant last week ... two students at the table next to me ... horrible.

Having to moderate this crap-hole. Especially when it's my mates swearing!

:wink:

Piss off Ackroyd.

When you go in Troff in then Northern Quarter, and you go up them pretty narrow stairs to the lav...when you wait at the bottom to let someone past and they dont say thanks. That does my nut in.

I have a list a mile long, but I suppose we should limit things...

Old people going out shopping during working peoples dinner hours*. Why? Go out after 2pm and you'll get served instantly.

A group of lasses on pavements. There is no age issue here. They are as a whole ignorant. The pavement has room for three people sideways. Two lots of blokes waslking in different directions will go single file. The ladies will go 3 abreast and expect you to step into the road.

Village/small inbred town drivers. Durham up here, but it could just as easily be Burnley. Drivers who dither and don't go when spaces are available in traffic. Also are the ones going at 5mph at the end of a slip road.

Football. Why do I pay £20 to watch something that I'm either miserable because we aren't winning - or I want the game to end? Who's bright idea was this?

The in your face "Some people are gay, get over it" poster on the next offices door. I feel like putting one up saying "Some people are homophobic, get over it". Though I'd probably get sacked if I did that.

*I've noticed that bus manners have changed completely. Now old people on the bus aren't automatically given a seat by younger people. I was even on one where a young lad was asked to give up his seat, his respone 'No, I've paid for my seat'. I'd have stood up and applauded if I didn't think one of the coffin dodgers would have had my seat.

Not sure if ur sayng you agree with the lad or not but its one of my gripes. Its just good manners and a bit of respect. I think its the problem with society at the moment and this country as a whole. Too many people with no respect for anybody else. I guess this is my number 1.

2. Scrotey girls/women walking about in pyjamas, even in Manchester City Centre!!! Get home and get a wash you dirty tramp!

3. Drivers that takes up two spaces in car parks.

4. The dumb government that allows Scrotes (again) to leech off society and refuse to get jobs because they would be out of pocket due to the higher amount of benefits they get from the dumb government. Not to mention they wouldnt be able to stay at home and play Xbox all day. Or go out in their pyjamas.

5. Noticing at the last minute that its supposed to be 'daft things' that make your blood boil and realising that my number 4 probably doesnt belong here but screw it its staying in!

Not sure if ur sayng you agree with the lad or not but its one of my gripes. Its just good manners and a bit of respect. I think its the problem with society at the moment and this country as a whole. Too many people with no respect for anybody else. I guess this is my number 1.

Oh, I most certainly agree with the lad. Great thing these free bus passes, our County Council is in the process of scrapping all the subsidised bus services due solely to the free passes to the richest people in Britain*. I suspect most rural areas will do the same. If they aren't they are cutting other services.

This is the generation that has screwed my generation. I'm not poor, I'm not rich - but I figure I will NEVER RETIRE. Ever. But, it's me, me, me for that generation. Oh, no - look after education, NHS, etc., but not at our expense.

I may have added another to my list here.

*95% of the Country is it? Owned by pensioners?

Oh, I most certainly agree with the lad. Great thing these free bus passes, our County Council is in the process of scrapping all the subsidised bus services due solely to the free passes to the richest people in Britain*. I suspect most rural areas will do the same. If they aren't they are cutting other services.

This is the generation that has screwed my generation. I'm not poor, I'm not rich - but I figure I will NEVER RETIRE. Ever. But, it's me, me, me for that generation. Oh, no - look after education, NHS, etc., but not at our expense.

I may have added another to my list here.

*95% of the Country is it? Owned by pensioners?

i think you miss the point mate of giving your seat up to the elderly, in fact i think you are ignorant

I think you miss the point mate of giving your seat up to the elderly, in fact I think you are ignorant.

Fair enough. However, I pay for my (pretty expensive) seat. Despite being relatively poor compared to the people asking for it to be given up.

If that is ignorant, feel free to let 20 OAP's live in your house for nowt.

Fair enough. However, I pay for my (pretty expensive) seat. Despite being relatively poor compared to the people asking for it to be given up.

If that is ignorant, feel free to let 20 OAP's live in your house for nowt.

20 OAP's live in my house? thats a pathetic comparison that OS

have a bit of respect for the elderly that put there lives on the line so you can get on your precious bus in the first place

20 OAP's live in my house? thats a pathetic comparison that OS

have a bit of respect for the elderly that put there lives on the line so you can get on your precious bus in the first place

Ah, they fought in the war did they?

That makes them, what 83? At least?

Not quite the generation I am on about. They are largely dead now. As opposed to the baby boomers who are live, kicking, taking large pensions and ruining the Country.

Fair enough, we seem to have moved this to bus seats rather than the taking of money that could be used for, hell I don't know, Police, ambulances, saving children, etc. But if we have to use that abuse of the public services I can go with it.

NB. I'm all for means tested state pensions. That'd suit all parties wouldn't it?

Ah, they fought in the war did they?

That makes them, what 83? At least?

Not quite the generation I am on about. They are largely dead now. As opposed to the baby boomers who are live, kicking, taking large pensions and ruining the Country.

Fair enough, we seem to have moved this to bus seats rather than the taking of money that could be used for, hell I don't know, Police, ambulances, saving children, etc. But if we have to use that abuse of the public services I can go with it.

NB. I'm all for means tested state pensions. That'd suit all parties wouldn't it?

you are the one who mentioned ''bus manners''

i take your point about the 'war generation' that are mostly no longer with us, but its a matter of respect to the older generation who are not as good on there feet as us

i would have had something to say to that lad who came out with ''i have payed for my ticket'' or whatever he said

when you are old im sure your attitude will change when the boot is on the other foot

Despite being relatively poor compared to the people asking for it to be given up.

I'm an OAP and, believe me, I'm not in the least well off. In fact, I'm having to work well beyond the normal retirement age of 65 to earn a living wage and meet the bills. I grant you there are OAPs who ARE well off, for many different reasons. But as someone who works for a charity, I can assure you that there are countless older people who are skint, not a pot to piss in and can barely afford to eat.

I deal with them every day and you wouldn't believe how they live. It's not just the odd few either, so please don't tar all older people with the same brush in the same way that not all yoofs are drug fuelled, mugging scrotes. There's good, bad, rich & poor in all levels of society. The point of this? It pisses me off that people are pigeon-holed because of being young, being middle aged or being old.

I'm 66 this month - do I get a present? :D

Edited by Bristolatic

Anyone who doesn't offer to give up their seat on a bus for an elderly person is a cock-end. There really is no argument for not giving up your seat.

Refusing to give them a lift in your car to the Post Office is another matter though...there's no way I'm risking some old fart damping down on my passenger seat.

my gripes .... and in no particular order!

1 . people who cross roads within 10/15 ft of a pedestrian crossing and get a bit :censored:ty with you when you don't actually stop!

2 . whilst were on the subject, drivers who simply don't stop when you're actually crossing said crossing! (someone overtook another car whilst i was crossing one near me! weird how he didn't like my size 11 imprint on his passenger door!!)

3 . people who think that as they are the last car in the line of traffic, it's perfectly acceptable to ignore the RED traffic light!

4 . sat navs are great things ... but i'm not sure sticking the thing bang centre in the windscreen is a good idea?

5 . people who drive into supermarket carparks and totally ignore the 6ft direction arrows 'advising' on the best way for traffic to flow! a game i love to play, could spend hours driving up the middle and simply not letting them past and making them reverse or turn around

6 . that eejut who let his primary school aged daughter ignore a crossing ( she cut across the road at about a 45 degree angle from it) and run straight in front of a white van this afternoon, and then remonstrate with the driver for obviously being in the wrong! that young girl won't last long - i know school is exciting at first, but not worth getting killed for! the dad/brother on the other hand, should simply be dragged away and shot!

7 . half wits who think 90 tonne trams will always stop in the city centre when they are having a laugh with their mates and stepping out in front of them .... history has proven that the tram will ALWAYS have the last laugh if you push your 'giggle' enough!

8 . the towers came down nearly a decade ago ... yeah we still have to be careful what liquids we take through security! so why then do you still persevere in complaining and arguing when putting your bag on the xray?

9 . why are you knocking on my front door when the sign cleary states that door to door callers are not welcome?

10 . cheap airtravel has a lot to answer for!!!

i like this ..... feels great to vent ya spleen like that!

oh and one last thing .... surely on a bus you pay for travel not the seat? (it would have seat belts if you paid for the seat) ... so little johnny should be royally informed of that info and get up for the pensioner!

Edited by thetramdriver

On the subject of pensioners and buses ....

1) I would offer my seat to said pensioner (or pregnant lady, or risk offending fat lady by assuming she is pregnant and offering my seat anyway - as that would be funny if she wasn't preggers).

2) I don't understand why pensioners get a bigger tax allowance. Can somebody explain it please?

3) I don't understand why over 75s all get a free TV licence. Why should I have to pay for theirs?

4) I don't understand why over 60s all get a winter fuel allowance. Should my family freeze during the winter as I can't afford to turn the heat up due to paying a grant to some bloke who spends 6 weeks of the winter in feckin' Benidorm, paid for by said fuel allowance?

5) I don't understand why over 60s all get free bus / coach travel. Why should I have to pay more for my ticket / petrol / road tax etc so that you guys can travel for free?

6) I don't get the assumption that all pensioners are poor and should automatically get all sorts of perks and benefits. Some are hard up and need appropriate help. Some are well off and don't. Some chose not to save for private pensions when they were younger and now expect to get benefits to lift them up to the standard of living of those who made financial sacrifices when younger to support themselves in their old age.

This isn't a rant against pensioners by the way. It's a rant against politicians who do nice things for pensioners because there are votes in it ... and stuff the impact it has on the taxpayer who has to fund it (while at the same time taxing the pension funds of the younger generations out of existance).

Edited by opinions4u

On the subject of pensioners and buses ....

3) I don't understand why over 75s all get a free TV licence. Why should I have to pay for theirs?

This isn't a rant against pensioners by the way. It's a rant against politicians who do nice things for pensioners because there are votes in it ... and stuff the impact it has on the taxpayer who has to fund it (while at the same time taxing the pension funds of the younger generations out of existance).

Following on with this line:

If you are a pensioner in whatever form of accomodation, you need a tv licence!!!

If you are a student in uni. accomodation, you need your own tv licence!!!

BUT if you are banged up at Her Majesty's Pleasure, you don't need to have a licence!!!

Something wrong there, methinks!!!

I'm so glad I don't drive.

Anyway, my list:

1. The general public. I'm positive people were just put on this planet with the sole purpose of frequently annoying me. I'll expand on this in further points.

2. People walking down the street. Just get out of my way. Am I invisible or something? Am I the only one with any manners? I have no problem with moving to the side to allow people past me, but I do expect, at the very least, a nod of appreciation. If I'm carrying a bag, particularly a bulky one containing my football kit, I'll hold it in front of me as I get closer to people. The outcome of this is that I don't bark anyone's thigh as I pass them. So why doesn't anyone else extend the same courtesy? IGNORAMUSES! (Ignoramii?)

2. Fellow commuters. Basically (ooh, there's one!), all the worst things about people on the street are magnified almost infinitely the moment they enter a train station. I can guarantee at least three skirmishes a week at the moment. I'm up to two this week already.

3. People who swear on OWTB. Does it really take earth-shattering levels of self-control to pick a non-vulgar word instead?

4. Being forced to have fun, ie. attending events I have no interest in and being expected to partake in activities/conversation/any form of human contact whatsoever.

5. People who eat with their mouth open, or even just a bit noisily. I will smash your teeth in.

6. Going back to the train thing, trains that just sit there, not moving. Just go!

That'll do. I've put myself in a bad mood now.

Supermarkets....why do people (usually women) leave their trolley in the middle of the aisle and walk back 10 yards (yards not metres....another irritation) because they've forgotten something. Is it it too difficult to put it to one side or better still take it with you!!!

A couple for now:

1. People who put the used wrappers back in the Quality Street/Roses tin often giving you that short-lived feeling that there's another 'purple one' in there only for your hopes to be dashed.

2. Chavs

3. Devil Worshippers

4. Heavy metal music aka screaming )Noise as i prefer to call it)

5. Why people insist on putting tomatoes and or mayonnaise on all the good pre packed sandwiches. Dont get me wrong, i dont mind a dash of Hellmans here and there, BUT NOT ON EVERYTHING!!