NFL 2010/11

It's almost upon us. So who's going to do it this year?

My predictions: AFC Champs: Baltimore Ravens, NFC: Dallas Cowboys. Superbowl: Cowboys.

As for coverage I've heard Channel Four have the late Sunday night game which hill hopefully see the return of Gary Imlach.

I've also heard a whisper that Sky are to go with ESPN's pre and post-game coverage which should be good if it turns out that way.

As for the Patriots the talent remains in the offense but the secondary looks even worse than last year.

Edited by OAFCMIKE

My predictions: AFC Champs: Baltimore Ravens, NFC: Dallas Cowboys. Superbowl: Cowboys.

As for coverage I've heard Channel Four have the late Sunday night game which hill hopefully see the return of Gary Imlach.

I've also heard a whisper that Sky are to go with ESPN's pre and post-game coverage which should be good if it turns out that way.

As for the Patriots the talent remains in the offense but the secondary looks even worse than last year.

Channel 4 do have SNF, with Imlach and Carlson presenting.

NFL Sunday Countdown will be live on ESPN at 4pm on Sunday, followed by 2 live games on Sky. ESPN have Monday Nights this year.

Looking at the Sky Sports site, the season opener may have the US coverage pre and post game, but it does say the regular studio team will be presenting on Sundays.

I reckon Green Bay for the NFC. I always pick Indianapolis for the AFC and they usually do pretty well, so I will predict Indianapolis again. Green Bay to win it all.

NYG... remains to be seen if the secondary is fixed. If people step up on defense I think we will make the playoffs. If they don't, then we could struggle like the second half of last season.

Ah, American football returns in full. At least I won't overdose on it. What with two games tonight, two on Friday, six on Saturday, three on Sunday and two on Monday.

Card's have set out their stall and erm, offed Leinart. I could well see this being the year that San Fran win our division. But I can't think they'll be near to getting right there. That's amongst the Saints, Packers, Cowboys, Colts, Chargers and Ravens for me.

Packers and Ravens for me.

NB. I reckon Max Hall will be the Cards QB by the end of the season.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

• 3 weeks later...
Yup... That side of things was better... The rest sucked though :(

It was a pretty bad game. Cutler put up a performance that can only be described as inept. He wasn't helped at all by the rest of his team, but goddamn - that was awful.

The NE @ Miami game was just down to special teams, which in turn relates to time on the training ground and straight forward effort behind the scenes. Whether that is NE putting it in, or Miami slacking we'll see at the end of the season. But neither team looked great.

Then again, only Atlanta have looked any good so far.

It was a pretty bad game. Cutler put up a performance that can only be described as inept. He wasn't helped at all by the rest of his team, but goddamn - that was awful.

The NE @ Miami game was just down to special teams, which in turn relates to time on the training ground and straight forward effort behind the scenes. Whether that is NE putting it in, or Miami slacking we'll see at the end of the season. But neither team looked great.

Then again, only Atlanta have looked any good so far.

We're screwed now.

Well, that is done then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Went to the Wembley game last night. First half was dire, second half was really good. And the Gold Rush cheerleaders are immense!

Was at the Patriots/Dolphins game on Sunday. Belichick is a legend for doing what he's done with that team, even if they don't win the Superbowl.

• 2 weeks later...
Gorrah love the Jets.

Pittsburgh's to lose now IMO, after their belter of a game against Baltimore.

I think any of them can win it. Bears are the Bears defensively, and good offensively. GB have one of the best QBs in the game and the best pass rusher, Steelers are very good too and the Jets look possibly slightly better than last year.

Sickening.

The number of play-off appearances my "team" has had this millenia can be counted on the fingers of one hand and still have three left over and haven't gone better than .500 for 8 seasons. Lately, I've not been watching the NFL to support anyone, although watching some of the well supported teams on here not make it is always fun.